Sponsored

CG Lock or 4 Point Harness

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
The Schroth 4 point per the call I just had is certified on the S550 mustang so they are good to go with Nasa.

I will confirm when i get the belt
Sponsored

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Thanks I emailed the local nasa with the ones I wanted. Lets see what they say.
The Schroth 4 point per the call I just had is certified on the S550 mustang so they are good to go with Nasa.

I will confirm when i get the belt
Did you specify the Quick Fit /QF Pro? I know the belts are FMVSS 209 in the S197's, but I don't have paperwork showing they have been certified on the S550. The belt itself shows the FMVSS 209 on the ASM cover, I just don't have anything other than that to prove it's just not a S197 belt in an S550, if that makes any sense.

I believe that is all that is needed to be legal in NASA for these belts, the FMVSS 209 cert.

https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/document/document/282/2017.8.pdf

2. The driver and any passenger must utilize modern style stock seatbelts in very good condition, or a DOT
approved restraint system, while operating a vehicle on the track. Lap belts used without any shoulder
restraints are not permitted. Restraint system requirements are listed in Section #11.4.8. The only
four-point belt systems that are allowed for use in HPDE / TT are 1) those that carry an “FIA B-xxx.T/98
certification, or 2) those that carry a label from the belt manufacturer stating that the belts meet Federal
Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 209 AND that the belts were designated for the specific vehicle
(e.g. “For use only in BMW E36 models”). Such label must be easily visible to the NASA inspector.​
Note- four-point belt sets that have a DOT-only certification are not allowed.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Pro belt, The regular QF you cant use a Hans device. The tech said they are labeled to include mustangs through 2017.

Scrotch racing 4 point is FIA B-xxx.T/98 but then you need a bar per NASA

Per the rules below just being DOT isnt enough. Nasa also said this in a email

Did you specify the Quick Fit /QF Pro? I know the belts are FMVSS 209 in the S197's, but I don't have paperwork showing they have been certified on the S550. The belt itself shows the FMVSS 209 on the ASM cover, I just don't have anything other than that to prove it's just not a S197 belt in an S550, if that makes any sense.

I believe that is all that is needed to be legal in NASA for these belts, the FMVSS 209 cert.

https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/document/document/282/2017.8.pdf

2. The driver and any passenger must utilize modern style stock seatbelts in very good condition, or a DOT
approved restraint system, while operating a vehicle on the track. Lap belts used without any shoulder
restraints are not permitted. Restraint system requirements are listed in Section #11.4.8. The only
four-point belt systems that are allowed for use in HPDE / TT are 1) those that carry an “FIA B-xxx.T/98
certification, or 2) those that carry a label from the belt manufacturer stating that the belts meet Federal
Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 209 AND that the belts were designated for the specific vehicle
(e.g. “For use only in BMW E36 models”). Such label must be easily visible to the NASA inspector.​

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Ok, that's what my gut was telling me was the case with the QFP. I believe I was just waiting for Schroth to publish the year/make/model specification for the belt for it to be good in NASA HPDE. Good deal.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Ok, that's what my gut was telling me was the case with the QFP. I believe I was just waiting for Schroth to publish the year/make/model specification for the belt for it to be good in NASA HPDE. Good deal.
That's sort of what I remember, but the latest rulebook seems to say otherwise:
11.4.8 (HPDE) Any harness or any restraint system, other than factory stock, shall conform to CCR section #15.5, in all respects except for the expiration regulations.​
15.5​
Driver restraint system

1. All vehicles should have a five (5), six (6), or seven (7) point seat belt system.​

So stock or 5, 6, or 7 point (with race seat and roll bar?) with nothing in between.​

Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
That's sort of what I remember, but the latest rulebook seems to say otherwise:
11.4.8 (HPDE) Any harness or any restraint system, other than factory stock, shall conform to CCR section #15.5, in all respects except for the expiration regulations.​
15.5​
Driver restraint system

1. All vehicles should have a five (5), six (6), or seven (7) point seat belt system.​

So stock or 5, 6, or 7 point (with race seat and roll bar?) with nothing in between.​
Hmmm

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
From NASA current rules (https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/document/document/282/2017.8.pdf)

Section 11.3
The driver and any passenger must utilize modern style stock seatbelts in very good condition, or a DOT
(e.g. “For use only in BMW E36 models”). Such label must be easily visible to the NASA inspector.

And I emailed NASA and confirmed they would accept the belts

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It's very bad rule making when 11. 3 and 11.4.8 (all of 2 pages apart) say opposite things.

Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Looks great. I will have a set before my next track day.

Wonder if I should get one for passenger side (for instructor), too.

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Thread bump..

Has anybody used these for NASA HPDE events with success..?
Were they tech approved.? Pro only.?

I looking at the 4 point for my next trackday upgrade. Probably going to make a trip out to Schroth near Charlotte, NC for review and fitting in the not too distant future.

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Isn't using 4 point harness putting you at a greater risk due to "submarining" in case of a crash? Also in case of a roll-over you'd be in a bad situation if the roof collapses since you can't lean to the side and have no roll bar to protect you.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase