WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
But again..... what i have experienced sounds like a compressor/bearing issue. Hopefully not the pull the dash out of my car issue.
Here's hoping.

I've read enough on the US forum to know that I'm destined for a dash removal.
Sponsored

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Here's hoping.

I've read enough on the US forum to know that I'm destined for a dash removal.

If its any consolation.... I had a lot of the dash pulled apart already for audio install. Its not as scary as you think, after the first time..... im sure its....

wait no, I cant lie, im not looking forward to a dealership pulling my car apart :doh:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
im not looking forward to a dealership pulling my car apart :doh:
At least it happened during the warranty period.

Could you imagine the stealership labor charge alone for this job (which routinely takes two days).

:doh:

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
ok so update on aircon...... it appears it is the evaporator unit that has shit itself.

Part is on back order 4-6 weeks.

and after dealing with no aircon for two months waiting for the part to arrive, I then have the pleasure of having my dash pulled apart by a ford dealership to fix the part.

Cant say im real happy.

Nickosek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 - Race red - GT5.0 - Auto (AUS)
ok so update on aircon...... it appears it is the evaporator unit that has shit itself.

and after dealing with no aircon for two months waiting for the part to arrive, I then have the pleasure of having my dash pulled apart by a ford dealership to fix the part.

Cant say im real happy.

Mate, which dealer are you going through .....

I take mine in tomorrow to check up what the issue is.... I'm hoping its just the compressor.

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Cant say im real happy.
Any reason they didn't regas the system as a temporary fix whilst you're waiting?

Most seem to get a few weeks of cold air after a regas before it fails again.

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Any reason they didn't regas the system as a temporary fix whilst you're waiting?

Most seem to get a few weeks of cold air after a regas before it fails again.
I will ask when i go to pick the car up.
I have only had a phonecall so far.

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
If your car is at our usual dealer Rob, I just went past to pick up my new dash cam and didn't see any signs of GDYUUP fishtailing down the back street haha!!

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If your car is at our usual dealer Rob, I just went past to pick up my new dash cam and didn't see any signs of GDYUUP fishtailing down the back street haha!!

Well thats something positive...

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I'm booked in next Monday for a "diagnosis" which will allegedly take the entire day.

Sponsored

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
This is the first car I have owned that gets a noisy AC compressor when the refrigerant is low. I had the supercharger noise in June. The AC was re gassed And it was allegedly under gassed at the factory. But the noise only just started over a year after I got the car. So I was sceptical that they had diagnosed the problem correctly. Well, the supercharger noise is back already, but I still have cold air .....so far. So what I'm trying to say is that I think I'm in the queue for an evaporator. Or may be I will be lucky and just need a new compressor? Who knows?

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
So what I'm trying to say is that I think I'm in the queue for an evaporator.
Ding ding ding!

Probably blessed that it's failing during winter - could you imagine having to wait six weeks for a replacement evaporator during summer?

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm booked in next Monday for a "diagnosis" which will allegedly take the entire day.
They told me 'all day' too, but had it identified in a couple hours. (also replaced the passenger side puddle pony light.... I had the drivers side replaced during the first service last month)

Ding ding ding!

Probably blessed that it's failing during winter - could you imagine having to wait six weeks for a replacement evaporator during summer?

Too true, If this happened during the putty road cruise a few months ago... it was like 45 degrees at least that day. The aricon made the car the most comfortable place to be all day! it was awesome.

Anyway. They have ordered an Evaporator. I brought up the issue that I have read about different replacement part numbers, and that since im waiting 4-6 weeks for a back order part, id like some assurance that they have ordered the most up to date part available.

So this is the part number they have ordered, in-case its of any relevance to people here.

Part Number : GR3Z 19850Z

Also they say they have already replaced a few evaporator units on s550s, so that's somewhat encouraging too. (at least im not the first).

I'd also say, if anyone is having issues with air-con, get it checked out. I wouldn't want to have this job done outside of warranty.

Its very annoying it has happened, but im trying to look at it positively, and I'm thankful its covered by warranty, hopefully to be replaced with a better part.

Nickosek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 - Race red - GT5.0 - Auto (AUS)
"Also they say they have already replaced a few evaporator units on s550s, so that's somewhat encouraging too. (at least im not the first)."
.... where is your dealer?

I don't want to be the first at my dealer - so having another option if they believe its the evaporator

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
.... where is your dealer?

I don't want to be the first at my dealer - so having another option if they believe its the evaporator
Dm sent. I don't really want to praise/or deter anyone from a dealer until i know the standard of work for this fix etc.

I would assume that enough vehicles have had the issue, that most dealers have had to replace Evaporator units a few times by now.
Sponsored