Sponsored

Front License Plate Bracket

GBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT350 W/lightning blue stripes
I live in a state that requires a front plate. What bracket do you folks recommend that won;t leave holes in the front of my bumper and can either be easily removed or hidden?
Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
The two main options right now are Craig's bracket and the ZL1 tow-hook bracket. The Craig's bracket is attached to the bottom of the middle front bumper section with adhesive, but some people have had the adhesive fall off. You can secure it with two screws, so then you'll have two screw holes but at least they won't be visible and in the front. The ZL1 requires you first install their tow-hook bracket, which requires removing the front bumper from what I've seen. I'm currently torn between the two.

Edit: forgot you have a GT350 - for which there's also the Sto n Sho, but won't fit 350R splitters.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Have Craig's. Put on following instructions to a T and allowed it to "cure" for a week before putting on plate and bracket. No problem with it being loose although check it often given reports of others. Not sure why some have had it fall off but must be related to installation differences. If it falls off I think I would just drill the front and buy some plugs or just use the screws for when I wanted to take plate off which would hardly be noticeable given black stripes.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The underside of the bumper has a radius to it yet the Craig's bracket with the adhesive applied to it is flat. So typically the leading edge won't be bonded and after time it will peel back with the aid of pressure against the plate and the weight (however minimal).

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
No offense to the Craig's product, but that is why I went with the Sto n Sho. It does feel kind of flimsy, but it has stayed on with zero issues. It was very easy to install and even easier to remove for track days and detailing.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Can't you just get a special interest plate which is only required on the back.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
The two main options right now are Craig's bracket and the ZL1 tow-hook bracket. The Craig's bracket is attached to the bottom of the middle front bumper section with adhesive, but some people have had the adhesive fall off. You can secure it with two screws, so then you'll have two screw holes but at least they won't be visible and in the front. The ZL1 requires you first install their tow-hook bracket, which requires removing the front bumper from what I've seen. I'm currently torn between the two.

Edit: forgot you have a GT350 - for which there's also the Sto n Sho, but won't fit 350R splitters.
You can install the tow hook with out removing the bumper.

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
The description for the Sto n Sho says you need to drill a single hole into the bumper. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Might as well just get the Ford bracket that requires two holes. Only point in getting one of these gizmos would be to avoid drilling altogether, no?

voodoo2017

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I cringe everytime I see a ZL1 Add on bracket. The "welds" are poor at best.
Screenshot_2017-06-25-16-53-39-1.jpg

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
The description for the Sto n Sho says you need to drill a single hole into the bumper. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Might as well just get the Ford bracket that requires two holes. Only point in getting one of these gizmos would be to avoid drilling altogether, no?
I don't know where that is coming from. I've installed two of them and didn't drill anything. I wouldn't of got them if it required that. You reuse two of the torx bolts on the splitter and use the two screws and spacers for the front part and that's it.

Schredder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt 350
No offense to the Craig's product, but that is why I went with the Sto n Sho. It does feel kind of flimsy, but it has stayed on with zero issues. It was very easy to install and even easier to remove for track days and detailing.
Sto and sho all the way. Maine requires a front plate. I leave it in the trunk. If a cop pulls me over I tell them I remove it to put the cover on and I just forgot to put it back on when I left. Most cops will let you just put it on then. Apologise for forgetting. Oh it's been a year so far without taking it out of the trunk once

Gilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 98 Cobra
They changed the design on the zl1, that's not what mine looks like. I haven't had a chance to install it but I know my plate didn't bolt on to the license plate bracket. Only 2 holes lined up. It kind of pisses me off, I could've made something but time is money and it still sucks. Anyone else have that issue?
Sponsored