Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
stats...stats...stats... !!! please Ford its June 25th !!!

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
stats...stats...stats... !!! please Ford its June 25th !!!
Just hang in there,Ford will announce your 10 HP bump very soon,just hope they don't add another 200 LBS to the 2018.:thumbsup:

bigtexhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Shirley...

:shrug:...the '18 refresh would at least MATCH the Camaro HP wouldn't it? Would Ford spend resources and tease social media outlets for less that at least EQUAL hp ratings?:confused:

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
:shrug:...the '18 refresh would at least MATCH the Camaro HP wouldn't it? Would Ford spend resources and tease social media outlets for less that at least EQUAL hp ratings?:confused:
:bolt: 445 HP.......is probable. 10 less than Camaro. Even with the increased redline. I would hope for parody with GM at 455 HP. Yet, i have a feeling it will be less. I hope this is NOT the case . :faint::gossip:

Last edited:

Sponsored

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
:bolt: 445 HP.......is probable. 10 less than Camaro. Even with the increased redline. I would hope for parody with GM at 455 HP. Yet, i have a feeling it will be less. I hope this is NOT the case . :faint::gossip:
If its only 10 more hp than the 15-17 i dont see it doing much especially with the increased cost, and the controversial front makeover. But seeing that ford is waiting so long to give the official hp numbers it is probably an underwhelming number. Hurry up ford! We need numbers!

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
They already teased the 455 number and we all know that is not the torque output. The question is, will the car have a significant low end torque increase and weight loss maybe 50 60 lbs or so. If the new engine and magnaride adds more weight, i would care less even the car came out with 455 hp! It would be nice to see a loaded gtpp with all fluids around 3740 lbs and a base model around 3650 lbs!

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
If its only 10 more hp than the 15-17 i dont see it doing much especially with the increased cost, and the controversial front makeover. But seeing that ford is waiting so long to give the official hp numbers it is probably an underwhelming number. Hurry up ford! We need numbers!
Ford is also concerned about fuel economy. The new dual injected 5.0 will do better on gas mileage as a daily driver than 15-17. That's why the 445 HP & not the high numbers many want to see. As you said underwhelming number on HP. The numbers should be seen soon , if July 17th is the day for the banks to open. A dealership that I am familiar with, recently told me that ordering could be July or even at the latest August. If its August we are looking at late Fall deliveries to the dealer lots. :faint:

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
They already teased the 455 number and we all know that is not the torque output. The question is, will the car have a significant low end torque increase and weight loss maybe 50 60 lbs or so. If the new engine and magnaride adds more weight, i would care less even the car came out with 455 hp! It would be nice to see a loaded gtpp with all fluids around 3740 lbs and a base model around 3650 lbs!
I don't buy that 455 tease on the dash gauge now.........Added weight is always a problem. Curious to see how much of a gain .Then there's the increased cost for the new options as well.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are funny with the predictions. :popcorn:

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
On this pic the facelift looks absolutely badass! Clear reflectors in the headlights fit perfectly :headbang:
Nice first picture I feel that isnt warped, makes the car look much nicer :)

Ye would turn out much better for the EU model have a clear reflector.

Plus is that chrome trim around the windows again or is that just reflection ? Not a fan of the chrome.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I don't even think [MENTION=14968]4 ROUSH[/MENTION] has read this thread. We already know when ordering starts and when production starts and when you [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] have stated power increase will be >5%.

I remember last year when I found that Union article about Ford almost going with a 4.8L but they hit their efficiency goals with the new DPI 5.0 that now has spray cylinder liners. People were still questioning wether it was going DPI and if it was staying a 5.0
The Mustang was always going to stay 5.0L, while the 4.8L was developed pretty heavily for the 2018 F-150, however.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
On this pic the facelift looks absolutely badass! Clear reflectors in the headlights fit perfectly :headbang:
That does look bad ass!

It's is a bit of mish mash of models. No 5.0 side badges yet has GT grill with the fangs, and Pony emblem in rear when euro spec stangs got the faux fuel cap.

5-0 in a 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium M6
Is the trim around the windows chrome?? Looks pretty nice!
Sponsored