Sponsored

So how was your Ford experience today?

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
Yeah found a few of them on Ebay... I'll ask my dealer to give me one ;)
My dealer gave me short shrift to that!

New card arrived this morning, swapped it over after I worked out the slot was in the glove box hidden under the usb slot and it looks fine.

So might be the best £55 I have spent in a long time... I will check some new roads later today and report back.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer gave me short shrift to that!

New card arrived this morning, swapped it over after I worked out the slot was in the glove box hidden under the usb slot and it looks fine.

So might be the best £55 I have spent in a long time... I will check some new roads later today and report back.
What i wanna see is if it knows the M42 to M1 new flyover that was put in, my satnav has a fit going over that lol:lol:

I will try to get a freebie and see what they say, i'll just complain and say mine doesn't work, which it technically doesn't ;)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
What i wanna see is if it knows the M42 to M1 new flyover that was put in, my satnav has a fit going over that lol:lol:

I will try to get a freebie and see what they say, i'll just complain and say mine doesn't work, which it technically doesn't ;)
Their hearts must sink when they see (hear) you coming... ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Their hearts must sink when they see (hear) you coming... ;)
Their hearts sink so much they ask me 5 times to organise a meet at their dealership ;)

PeterE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT; 2022 Z4 M40i; 1978 Stag
In answer to the thread title question - quite good :thumbsup:

In my post here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82951 I referred to the usual Zeebrugge underseal overspray problem and it being all over the inside and some of the outside of the wheels in addition to the exhaust system rear valance etc., etc. [MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION] specifically asked me to report back on what resolution I ended up with...

Well, I took the issue up with Haynes in Maidstone who supplied the car, providing plenty of photos taken underneath when on my Detailer's ramp.

To cut a long story short, Haynes referred the problem to Ford who authorised all of the Belgian muck to be removed and after three days in their body shop, they have removed all of it from the exhaust and everywhere else it should not have been plus clay bar-ed all the wheels back to as-new without removing the lacquer. I have to say I'm well pleased with Haynes response and action.

Stopping by my Detailers on the way home, they popped it up on their ramp and confirmed that they can now do the wheel protection I already planned for in May, however, this will have to wait for a week or two as a beach lounger, sun, sea and unlimited Mohitos are scheduled for next week :D

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Need to give praise to Stuart Novis @ Birchwood Ford in Hastings. Really nice, genuine guy & I can't fault him at all. Even from way before I ordered the GT and on the fence about placing an order he was very open & honest and communication was good at all times. It may seem silly to have gone to Hastings, bearing in mind there are several Ford stores closer to me. But having a salesman I knew I could trust was important and it was well worth the extra travel (mind, you the m25 was a b1tch on the way back), we all know the stories of ignored requests and general sales folk BS but Stuart was spot on. Have every confidence that if I need anything from him in future he will help me. Very happy customer. and thanks to [MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION] for sending me their way :cheers:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
ANother from me, very good. Emailed my dealer about wing mirror covers on Monday, got put through to Martin in the parts dept who was amazing quick replies, constant answers to any questions, parts ordered on Tuesday, with the dealership on Thursday and picked up Thursday after work. Sorted. Nice work Ford :)!

P.S I was pleasantly surprised when [MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION] told me he was getting picked up from the car park by his dealer... Maybe some are changing their tune!

Wobs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
A thumbs up from me to Allen Ford Northampton, just had my first service done, I also requested a coolant change as I was unhappy with the fluid since my intercooler problems.

I know some people would frown at this, but I had the car collected and returned to my house, and the elderly gentlemen loved the exhaust that much, he drove around with the window down :D

So that's two visits to the Service Department and nothing bad to report, and as I had purchased the service plan from Ford, I had nothing to pay either :thumbsup:

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
James Rowe at Trustford in Epsom still seems genuinely interested in how things are going even after having sold me the car. He thought the photos of our recent photoshoot were great.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Visited Burns Ford Congleton today as I've being getting some false knock even when revving hard in neutral.

They put it on ramp and I told them to tap the right hand side header bank where catalyst is as it sounds like its full of metal.

They agreed not normal and could certainly cause false knock, they have as such put an order in for a new right hand side catalyst as either the cat has failed or the flexi joint, they feel the flexi joint is where it has failed.

They will call me Monday with leadtime for the part and said fitting will take just a few hours so they will have me back on the road in no time.

As always their service and knowledge is superb, absolutely fantastic garage that really know their stuff!

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well as promised they called me back this morning, before 9am. Not the best news, part is on backorder, so they are chasing Germany for an ETA. :)

Aero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2018 C63 AMG Estate
Great experience with Allen Ford Northampton today - replaced my stolen wing mirror parts one day after I called their parts department, and only charged me for the parts actually replaced rather than a whole new mirror assembly!

Top quality service. Recommended! :clap2:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dropped the car off at Burns Ford Congleton this morning along with Mac's catalyst exhaust section for right hand side as mine is rattling so they agreed to do under warranty but as the part is on backorder they agreed to fit Mac's and when the new part lands they will give me a call to collect it.

They had a courtesy car for me, top service!

Couple of hours later all done, they said though nothing fell out of the old catalyst pipe and the cat looked fine something was resonating inside the pipe, so they believe the flexi joint must had it. It took them just over an hour to get it off and said oh my was it tight and took a lot of extensions to get too.

I said well thats gotta be a record so if I do get some headers I am coming to you to have them fitted. :D

Really superb service and they had a pair of mirror covers for me - £60, so gonna get them painted gloss black to match the wing and decklid. :)

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
Awful as per usual. Had it booked in 2 weeks ago for somebody to have a look at paint bubbling up on the plastic panel just in front of the bonnet. Had a phone call saying it needs to go to Ford body shop for them to have a look at it, and I will need book it in. They could have told me that two weeks ago.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Dropped the car off at Burns Ford Congleton this morning along with Mac's catalyst exhaust section for right hand side as mine is rattling so they agreed to do under warranty but as the part is on backorder they agreed to fit Mac's and when the new part lands they will give me a call to collect it.

They had a courtesy car for me, top service!

Couple of hours later all done, they said though nothing fell out of the old catalyst pipe and the cat looked fine something was resonating inside the pipe, so they believe the flexi joint must had it. It took them just over an hour to get it off and said oh my was it tight and took a lot of extensions to get too.

I said well thats gotta be a record so if I do get some headers I am coming to you to have them fitted. :D

Really superb service and they had a pair of mirror covers for me - £60, so gonna get them painted gloss black to match the wing and decklid. :)
Just don't ask them to paint the mirrors they charge a BOMB lol :lol::lol:.

Sounds very good service to me!
Sponsored