Sponsored

ZL1 Addons rock guards for s550 - full instructions with photos

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Installed the deluxe set on the front and like others the adhesive failed within a week. I may get some more tape and try again. Idk about the rears have them sitting in the garage seeing if the fronts can last...
My front ones also failed rather quickly. I have had my back ones installed for a couple weeks now and they seem pretty solid. I give them a check every few days to see if I can see any signs of failure and haven't yet. Its tougher to tell though since they don't stick right to the body but rather to the blocks on the inside of the body.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
[MENTION=16078]GTP[/MENTION] with me being in Florida and it being as hot as the sun here, with what you mentioned about temperatures, should I still take a blow dryer to the tape or just stick it on?
I did not make the temperature comment, although most adhesives instructions indicate of minimum temp. In your case, humidity may be the bigger problem. You might use the blow dryer on cool/low setting just to reduce the humidity on the fender and then immediately apply the stickem.

Follow the instructions about pulling out the tape backing while firmly holding the guard against the curve of the fender.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Mine have been on for ~6000 miles now through winter and summer and are still holding on perfectly. I cleaned with simple green and then 99% alcohol for several passes before I did the tape though.

My only complaint is the screws for the back ones have rusted badly already and look like ass.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
If course as soon as I post this I whack the crap out of it while washing and pop the drivers side one off. :(

Sponsored

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Both front ones have come off from the pre-installed double sided tape which had to be redone. Then now one of the back is starting to come off at the top, but that may have been my bad prep work. Have to take some time to look at it this weekend.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Both front ones have come off from the pre-installed double sided tape which had to be redone. Then now one of the back is starting to come off at the top, but that may have been my bad prep work. Have to take some time to look at it this weekend.
I mean i havent installed my backs but this has happened on my fronts for the deluxe. about 4 days in if that.
I even heated and pre bent and added weight to the tape to make sure it was stuck. I havent seen one person with the deluxe not have this issue.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
^^^^I'm F*CKED, lol. I was going to put them on Friday and this weekend was going to be the mass install of parts including bigger wheels/tires (see sig)...I will try and make this work...at least the rears shouldn't be too much of an issue and that is where the fattest tires will be (305)....285 front.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Just a tip, if you want this 3M tape to stick you need to push hard across the entire surface of it several times. I use a rag and push along the whole tape seam several times putting a lot of weight into it (just enough to where I don't bend the fender) - also a good idea to run over the pre-applied side a few times before you take the plastic backing off. Mine was stuck so good it took me almost 2 hours to get it off of the mudflap and the fender. The problem mine had was the actual foam in the middle of the tape sections dissolved, probably from tire cleaner as most solvents turn that foam into goop.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue

poorfortune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
'16 Base GTPP - Deep Impact Blue
I do like the look of those, and the price isn't bad.

I may take the plunge since I'm about to upgrade wheels.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
IMO, when it comes to guards, Less is More.

I only notice mine during washing, and I notice everything about my car (for better or for worse).
That pretty well sums it up for me too. :cheers:

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I mean i havent installed my backs but this has happened on my fronts for the deluxe. about 4 days in if that.
I even heated and pre bent and added weight to the tape to make sure it was stuck. I havent seen one person with the deluxe not have this issue.
Deluxe, just posted right before you. Mine have had zero issues at all. High heat. Cold weather. Pressure washer. Went through all of it just fine!
Sponsored