Sponsored

Boost spiking/High

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
So while pulling a log for another member for comparison I figured I'd take a look at how my DV+ is holding boost. To my surprise during my pull about 10 minutes into the drive from 20mph to 80mph my boost spikes far above 20psi. Looks like each gear is topping out at about 26 PSI, and I'm spiking as I shift JUST at the 30psi mark. It's holding 26+ psi for about three seconds in each gear.

To me that smells like WAY too much boost on the stock tune. Also...I spike about 3-4 psi EVERY time I shift. What gives?

Boost.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shift spike is the BOV being lazy/slow or not adjusted properly
It's stock.

What does being a manual change it? Still shouldn't spike, especially up to 10 psi over normal.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just replaces stock plastic piston with a copper one. It's still stock DV though.

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
I'm really just joking. I haven't looked into BOVs yet. I enjoy my Tial on my Mitsubishi though.

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm really just joking. I haven't looked into BOVs yet. I enjoy my Tial on my Mitsubishi though.
It isn't the DV that operates the copper piston. The DV operates the piston pluger which is MUCH lighter. That's how it allows JUST enough pressure out to not surge while retaining some pressure. The piston moves with air not by mechanism. I'm actually highly considering going with a set of CP-e pipes and a Tial BOV.

It may explain the short spike at shift...but still seems crazy that I'm pushing 26 psi on the stock tune, gear after gear.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
It isn't the DV that operates the copper piston. The DV operates the piston pluger which is MUCH lighter. That's how it allows JUST enough pressure out to not surge while retaining some pressure. The piston moves with air not by mechanism. I'm actually highly considering going with a set of CP-e pipes and a Tial BOV.

It may explain the short spike at shift...but still seems crazy that I'm pushing 26 psi on the stock tune, gear after gear.
I'm also pushing 26-30 PSI with the DV+, funny you started this thread I actually was concerned and recorded a video of it this morning on my way home from work. Especially in 4th gear pulls it digs all the way to 30 and never comes down.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm also pushing 26-30 PSI with the DV+, funny you started this thread I actually was concerned and recorded a video of it this morning on my way home from work. Especially in 4th gear pulls it digs all the way to 30 and never comes down.
30 seems way excessive to me. Any kind of knock at that kind of pressure could be a bad deal!

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
30 seems way excessive to me. Any kind of knock at that kind of pressure could be a bad deal!
Yeah thats why I was worried! I can't even put my stock one back in because the plastic was broken in two places when I pulled it out.

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm probably going to just get a Nov. Probably get a tial.

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We should probably both get a hold of gfb about this.

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I decided to go out and clean the DV+ and relube it incase that was causing sticking issues. Was still lubed from installation, and moved freely but did it anyway with a little extra oil. Before installing I checked everything and seems to all be moving freely without any catching. I then let it warm up and took it for a few pulls to log the boost. Still getting 25-26 PSI average per gear, and peaking over 30 PSI.

Pull 1.jpg

pull2.jpg

pull3.jpg

[MENTION=25032]ForYourOwnGood[/MENTION] Here's my datalog in datazap for you to check out. (BTW if you haven't used it it's awesome for sharing logs!)

http://datazap.me/u/spykexx/dv-cleaned?log=0&data=2-3&hg=2
Sponsored