Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Or you can buy a USB adaptor for about 20 USD (or less), instead of a bluetooth one.
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Or you can buy a USB adaptor for about 20 USD (or less), instead of a bluetooth one.
Ya. I was looking at those on eBay last night. Might give it a whirl.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
I haven't seen anyone do it on an ecoboost yet. I'm hoping someone figures it out though.
I noticed this was about 2 months old but had not seen any further progress. Any word if a non PP EB is even physically capable of line lock?

I didn't know if the brake master cylinder setup was different or something. I believe line lock only applies the front brakes. I would think this would need some sort of valve or duel setup. especially since its my understanding brakes are normally paired diagonally (FR+RL, FL+RR). At least its my understanding this used to be the practice in case a brake blew or something you would still have the opposite 2 wheels working. Just curious and again this is some textbook knowledge I learned note trying to say its true in the real world by any means. :shrug:

I understand the fundamentals of classic hydraulic brakes but if anyone wants to point me to a more detailed explainer of the mustang's setup I would appreciate a good article for the throne room later... :D

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Yes the hardware is there: wires, motors, gears... Our export mustangs have electrically folding mirrors, we only miss the automatic function.

Sorry, missed that the original question was from Australia. Electric folding mirrors are not available in the US, and the hardware is completely different.

...especially since its my understanding brakes are normally paired diagonally (FR+RL, FL+RR). At least its my understanding this used to be the practice in case a brake blew or something you would still have the opposite 2 wheels working.
http://144.162.92.233/faculty/djones/todays_class/introduction_to_brake_syste.pdf

Diagonal Split brake systems are generally used on front wheel drive vehicles. Mustangs brake systems are front/rear split. I'd imagine the modulation for the LineLock system is in the combination valve.

ydoucare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
Did the NAV install for Sync 2/MFT using the F150 speadsheet and it worked flawlessly. :headbang: :cheers:

Sponsored

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Diagonal Split brake systems are generally used on front wheel drive vehicles. Mustangs brake systems are front/rear split. I'd imagine the modulation for the LineLock system is in the combination valve.
I saw another post by someone from Australia saying they've added line lock to the cars via forscan over there. So is this only possible with the PP equivalent cars? Once I found out I couldn't turn the tribar lights off in forscan I kinda gave up caring about this all, but this would strongly incentivize me to wanna hope back on the wagon. :thumbsup:

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I saw another post by someone from Australia saying they've added line lock to the cars via forscan over there. So is this only possible with the PP equivalent cars? Once I found out I couldn't turn the tribar lights off in forscan I kinda gave up caring about this all, but this would strongly incentivize me to wanna hope back on the wagon. :thumbsup:
It's a feature on all GTs.
The brake systems on GTs are different than the others, so I'd guess it's only possible with GTs. There was somebody trying to get it working with an Ecoboost, but once they got the As-Built data correct their system went wild looking for sensors and data that didn't exist.

As far as the gill lights go... unplug them.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I was under the impression that the ABS/TC/ESC/Whatever could independently brake each wheel in these cars (and pretty much all modern cars really.) Keep in mind we have EBD so the computer is very involved in how much braking is applied to each wheel.

Especially when it comes to ESC, the car is capable of braking one wheel at a time to correct over/understeer. I've never felt it work on my car, but I certainly have on my Tacoma on gravel. Toyota's ESC realllly doesn't like you oversteering all over the place on gravel roads. :D

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I was under the impression that the ABS/TC/ESC/Whatever could independently brake each wheel in these cars (and pretty much all modern cars really.) Keep in mind we have EBD so the computer is very involved in how much braking is applied to each wheel.

Especially when it comes to ESC, the car is capable of braking one wheel at a time to correct over/understeer. I've never felt it work on my car, but I certainly have on my Tacoma on gravel. Toyota's ESC realllly doesn't like you oversteering all over the place on gravel roads. :D
While the car can make small modulations to brake system pressure, and can even create small pressures itself, the main driver for brake system pressure is still the master cylinder actuated by your foot. At the end of the day there are sill two semi-independent pistons that control two separate circuits; front and rear.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Can anyone share what we believe is needed for enabling line lock? I've looked through the thread and haven't found what looks like the final solution. I have an ecoboost PP which has the same brakes as the GT base so I'm hopeful that if there is a hardware requirement, it might be there. I'd like to try it but think from what I've read that this might be one of those like the DRLs where you have to make settings in 2 different modules to get them to work. 1 setting to get it to show in the cluster and the other for it to be functional. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Can anyone share what we believe is needed for enabling line lock? I've looked through the thread and haven't found what looks like the final solution. I have an ecoboost PP which has the same brakes as the GT base so I'm hopeful that if there is a hardware requirement, it might be there. I'd like to try it but think from what I've read that this might be one of those like the DRLs where you have to make settings in 2 different modules to get them to work. 1 setting to get it to show in the cluster and the other for it to be functional. Any help would be appreciated.
I have all of the changes saved on my computer at home that work for the GT, but they do nothing for the EB except to cause advancetrac errors. There are ABS and IPC changes that need to be made, but there is also speculation that something in the PCM restricts this from working on an EB.

Quite a while back there was a member here that claimed to have it working on his car by using the Ford IDS tool, but I attempted the vague directions he provided and received the exact same error that I got when enabling line lock using FORScan. I need to give this another shot now with the ProCal loaded on the car, and keep my fingers crossed that maybe someone threw us a bone and tripped the ECU in to believing we have the correct hardware :)

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I have all of the changes saved on my computer at home that work for the GT, but they do nothing for the EB except to cause advancetrac errors. There are ABS and IPC changes that need to be made, but there is also speculation that something in the PCM restricts this from working on an EB.

Quite a while back there was a member here that claimed to have it working on his car by using the Ford IDS tool, but I attempted the vague directions he provided and received the exact same error that I got when enabling line lock using FORScan. I need to give this another shot now with the ProCal loaded on the car, and keep my fingers crossed that maybe someone threw us a bone and tripped the ECU in to believing we have the correct hardware :)
Would you please share what you have? That would be greatly appreciated. From what I read, everyone that tried it had a regular ecoboost, not a PP. The PP comes with the same brakes as the GT so I'm hopeful maybe on mine it will work.

Plus, if I try it on my EB PP and it works and someone else does the exact same thing on their non PP EB, then we learned something.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
For linelock one day I entered a code in my ABS and it took it without error but I was never able to make it work... I don't know if I did something wrong? I went on a flat road (At least to my eyes sight it looked flat). I can't remember the value but he didn't work anyways... That'll be nice if we could get that LineLock working.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Would you please share what you have? That would be greatly appreciated. From what I read, everyone that tried it had a regular ecoboost, not a PP. The PP comes with the same brakes as the GT so I'm hopeful maybe on mine it will work.

Plus, if I try it on my EB PP and it works and someone else does the exact same thing on their non PP EB, then we learned something.
dug back through my old posts to find all of the stuff I attempted...

These are the known working mods needed on an export GT to enable line lock. I believe this is the value modified in the ABS module when using the list of known mods to enable line lock.
760-02-02 0200 117E (disabled)
760-02-02 0200 319E (enabled)

These are all of the other values I attempted unsuccessfully
760-02-02 8600 01F2 - Invalid Configuration
760-02-02 8600 1102 - Invalid Configuration
760-02-02 0200 319E - Programmed successfully, AdvanceTrac Service Msg
760-02-02 0200 218E - Programmed successfully, AdvanceTrac Service Msg
760-02-02 0200 127F - Invalid configuration
760-02-02 0200 73E0 - Invalid configuration
760-02-02 8600 3122 - Invalid configuration
760-02-02 8600 3223 - Invalid configuration
760-02-02 0200 71DE - Programmed successfully, AdvanceTrack Service, Driver mode not available

To turn on line lock in the Track Apps, just click on IPC in FORScan (not the as-built modifier) and select line lock. It's one of the few that I never bothered to write down the exact IPC modification since it was stupid easy to use the GUI to switch it to enabled :)

Hope this helps!

*EDIT* adding this thread with a comment from a tuner that seems to stick out. Curious if anyone has figured out what else needs to be changed, and just isn't sharing this information.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53511
Sponsored

Last edited: