Sponsored

Presenting the AWE Mustang GT Exhaust Suite. Available now as dual or quad tip!

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
The AHJ - no drone? Some have said it's too loud in the cabin - but obviously that hasn't been your experience? Thanks much! I am contemplating purchase in the future.
I believe you're referring to one individual who drove a friend's GT (i.e. he didn't own the system) and claimed it to be "boomy." Boggling. :shrug:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Negative sir, no drone. It's loud at lower speeds because of the way I shift/downshift around the City, but at highways speeds it's much quieter until you WOT :clap2:, I have zero drone though. I jumped right on AWE as soon as it was offered on AM because I didn't want to piece an H-Pipe together with the Roush Axle-backs which was my initial selection and the intro video pretty much sold me on the sound. I wanted the Track Edition but the neighbors I'm sure wouldn't have liked that at 6AM. Overall I'm glad I went Touring because I really love the sound it produces...honestly when I'm driving around the City I randomly mutter..man I love this f*cking sound...

I'd recommend you search the forums to see if anyone in your area has it already and reach out to them if you can meet up and hear it in person.

GL man.

My reaction as well. Brings smirks to your face without even realizing it.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Glad you like it! Very interesting that it punctured both the box and the internal foam. Was it from the top of the box? Because the foam surrounding the sides of the tips are quite thick. I will look into having the hanger ends wrapped to be anti-FedEx football.

I can also send you stickers for your fridge, if you wish. Shoot me a PM with your address :thumbsup:
Yeah, it was from the top of the box where there isn't any foam. Like I said, not an issue as the scratches aren't visible.

I'll shoot you a PM:)

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
The AHJ - no drone? Some have said it's too loud in the cabin - but obviously that hasn't been your experience? Thanks much! I am contemplating purchase in the future.
Whomever said that is on crack.

The Touring edition cataback is barely louder than factory on the freeway with the cruise on. In fact, in any part throttle situation, it's just a hair above the stock sound level.

There is absolutely zero drone at any power or RPM setting.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

The Touring edition cataback is barely louder than factory on the freeway with the cruise on. In fact, in any part throttle situation, it's just a hair above the stock sound level.

i agree!

been a great seller for us, and we have plenty in stock with no wait!

Sponsored

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
This catback system is beyond belief. You have to want it to be loud in order for it to be. Drive like a grandma and it is just a hair louder than stock but put a little more foot in it and draw out the gears more and this thing comes alive! I was worried what this thing was going to sound like in person as I was installing it and enjoying my blow pop (nice touch BTW) but when all was said and done I could not be happier with it. All of the beautiful burble, pops and deep coyote tones! Thanks AWE!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Yeah, it was from the top of the box where there isn't any foam. Like I said, not an issue as the scratches aren't visible.

I'll shoot you a PM:)
They're on the way :)

Tis what I think, as well. I suppose there are a few who don't mingle well with rumble :p

i agree!

been a great seller for us, and we have plenty in stock with no wait!
Only the best beef.

This catback system is beyond belief. You have to want it to be loud in order for it to be. Drive like a grandma and it is just a hair loader than stock but put a little more foot in it and draw out the gears more and this thing comes alive! I was worried what this thing was going to sound like inperson as was installing it and enjoying my blow pop (nice touch BTW) but when all was said and done I could not be happier with it. All of the beautiful burble, pops and deep coyote tones! Thanks AWE!
(From all of us) You're welcome! Happy you're loving it. :cheers:

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP
Pulled the trigger on a beefcake special(Stage 3)

Pypes catless
AWE Touring Polished tips
Lund 91 tune
PMAS cai

Can't wait to hear how this setup sounds in person.

Now I've had two AWE products across two platforms :thumbsup:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

Pypes catless
Lund 91 tune
PMAS cai

:)

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT

Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP

Pypes catless
Lund 91 tune
PMAS cai

Can't wait to hear how this setup sounds in person.

You are making me wish i went catless! I ordered and received my catted pypes and i have been thinking about switching to catless ever since i received them. Cant make up my mind :headbonk:

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are making me wish i went catless! I ordered and received my catted pypes and i have been thinking about switching to catless ever since i received them. Cant make up my mind :headbonk:
My thought​ process I may as well go catless because it really doesn't matter whether or not it is. ;)

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
^^ I was scared of the extra rasp that comes from going catless but i have a feeling it wont make such a big difference.

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^ I was scared of the extra rasp that comes from going catless but i have a feeling it wont make such a big difference.
I don't think it will but I will report my findings.

My previous comment didn't have to do with tone or noise level though :D Cali FTL

ultrahax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Power Pack 2
Got the switch-path cat-back installed today, it's about as loud as the Ford Racing Touring cat-back in "quiet" mode, and it's a beast of a thing in "loud" mode. No drone noticeable. Got it installed at Mod Bargains in La Habra, CA - there's a video of the exhaust in action on their instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/p/BUvA6kkho3Q/?taken-by=modbargains
Sponsored