Sponsored

Sunvisor Clip Failure

Tomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Mazda RX-7; 2016 Ecoboost PP O.W.
I'll be posting with pictures later today, but I was curious if anyone else had this issue or recommendations.

Basically, in standard use of the sun visor, not being rough with it, twisting it, or otherwise, I had half of the sun visor clip just..fall out?

I inspected the panel that fell and its various parts, nothing broken, there was no crack or popping noises preceding its fall. When I try to get it back in place, it goes in without any effort, there's no snap or tactile indication it has 'seated' no matter how hard i seem to press upwards on it.

In all, no idea why it fell if I put it back, i can wiggle it and it falls free on its own. Passenger side doesn't even budge. No idea how to fix or what's wrong.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomo

Tomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As promised. Pictures of said clip.

0tpXMCw.jpg

XlpPtRw.jpg

tDUOS2o.jpg

MbC6iBI.jpg

Only thing I see is that in picture two, there's a sort of "curved" area coming from the tall post, facing the camera, which has a different texture visible to the plastic. This may be a 'break point' though there's no stress cracks or fatigued plastic around it. Without seeing another clip to see if there are hooks on the front and back, its just speculation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tomo

Tomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Here I uploaded to the forum for you.
0tpXMCw.jpg
MbC6iBI.jpg
tDUOS2o.jpg
XlpPtRw.jpg

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
As you can see there should be a spring loaded clip that broke off. That's why it's not in place.
Just go get a new one from the dealer.
XlpPtRw.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomo

Tomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I figured that was probably the case after I fiddled with it for awhile.

Weird that it failed with literally no mistreatment, no sign of stress to the part etc. Like a clean break along a line where there was a injection problem or something. Bah. Guess to the Ford dealer I go.

Thanks. Any Idea why I couldn't get the images to behave?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I figured that was probably the case after I fiddled with it for awhile.

Weird that it failed with literally no mistreatment, no sign of stress to the part etc. Like a clean break along a line where there was a injection problem or something. Bah. Guess to the Ford dealer I go.

Thanks. Any Idea why I couldn't get the images to behave?
The links had ?1 on the back.

17GT350Daaaad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Anybody have instructions or a link on how the clip and the other pieces go back together? I just bought a 17 GT350 with a busted drivers side visor and can’t for the life of me figure out how it all goes back together.

Sponsored

gottasrt4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Premium and '05 Neon SRT4
any of ya'll know the part number on that thing? I ordered a few from www.getoemparts.com and I got the wrong ones. ones I got have 2 clilps on either side of that bit main clip while the stock broken one only has that big center one with 2 small things just on top and below of the main clip.

caps.jpg

partnum1.jpg

marlarpwl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marla
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Convertible V6
Both of my Visors on my 2015 ford mustang convertible broke and fell down hanging by the cord that powers the mirror lights. I hadn't even touched them when Boom right in front of me. This happened to my driver's side and passengers side 1 week apart. I never did anything to make them do this and now I'm being told I need to buy 2 new visors when my Visors are perfectly intact except the little plastic part inside of where you connect it up cracked. I thought there would be a piece I could buy but that's not how they are made. This has to be a faulty thing on Ford's manufacturing. I don't even have 33,000 miles on my car, that's how rarely I drive it.

gottasrt4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Premium and '05 Neon SRT4
awful design. seems like it was just made to save some time on the assembly line and charge more after for dealer only parts.