1993 Coyote Coupe

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
I use an Echo gas blower from Home Depot to blow the bulk of water off my cars prior to drying. It appeared to be the lightest blower I could find with a straight tube and round nozzle which I prefer. There may be a lighter one out now - I don't know. Mine just keeps going and going and always cranks up. It's probably at least 10 years old by now and I also use it for the yard.

Weight was a major criteria form me as I have my wife's SUV to dry so I have to hold it up above my head with arms extended to get that big roof blown dry.

Master Blaster looks attractive but never ponied up the money for one.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I dont know why but $419 for master blaster is something I am having tough time with:) What does everyone think?

I currently use my Redmax 8500 leaf blower, which is the best commercial leaf blower you can buy. It has over 900 CFM. I also use my compressor for hard to reach areas.

I m just not sure given I have both of these (and a very powerful leaf blower), if it's worth spending another $400 for this thing. The answer is probably no, but I m hoping someone with a similar setup to me can chime in.

I use my Master Blaster pretty much any time that I detail any of my cars especially any of my Mustangs.

With the Master Blaster I like the idea of hot air/filtered air being used on my car versus cold unfiltered air but then again maybe I am a little to anal about stuff like this.

I also have a good size compressor along with a great leaf blower but use them for other applications.

Personally I am very happy with my MB especially when used around hard to dry areas and of course around the wheels and grill area.

If you have the best leaf blower out there along with a good compressor and both are working well for you for this application I suggest just stay with what you already have.

:cheers:

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
I use an EGO leaf blower as a pre-dry for all our cars. It works great. I can't see justifying the additional cost of the Master Blaster.

Sponsored

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Once you use a MB, all the other rationalizations about using a chamois, leaf blower or air compressor are just silly. There is the best and then there are compromises. YMMV

FP350S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robear
Vehicle(s)
16 TY GT350
Pass on the Ego. I tried one and while initially it's impressive, the motor didn't last but a little over a year. I bought a Stihl gas blower and haven't looked back. Does a good job blowing the car dry before the final wipe down.
FYI...with a gas weed blower you are just blowing fuel contaminants all over your freshly washed car ahead of detailing. :shrug:

Use an electric or battery operated blower for best results.

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
FYI...with a gas weed blower you are just blowing fuel contaminants all over your freshly washed car ahead of detailing. :shrug:

I can tell that this is not the case with my RedMax 8500. Maybe the cheap ones might be doing this but mine doesn't do it.

Also when you say MB is better. Of course it's better and if money is no object, everyone should get it. My point was if you already have a decent leaf blower and have access to compressor and have the right tips for it, considering you have access to these two tools, MB may not be necessary.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS

Nope....fallacy. And they're not weed blowers. Folks in Colorado blow weed but not around here.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
I never paid that much attention to a gas powered blower, is the exhaust feed into air intake of the blower? Seems like it would be a good way to keep the exhaust away from the wearer. If so then I'd pass on using them on the car. So do the electric blowers not have enough CFM to work well? I never tried to blow dry a car, in fact I'm not much into washing them. So aside question... my well water has got lots of calcium, so much that I don't put the water in the wiper/washer tank because of streaks on the glass after it dry's.

So does that mean I can't really get a great wash/wax job with my water? If I used water from my softener would that work better, makes clothes nicer and keeps the rust stains off fixtures, won't drink it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I never paid that much attention to a gas powered blower, is the exhaust feed into air intake of the blower? Seems like it would be a good way to keep the exhaust away from the wearer. If so then I'd pass on using them on the car. So do the electric blowers not have enough CFM to work well? I never tried to blow dry a car, in fact I'm not much into washing them. So aside question... my well water has got lots of calcium, so much that I don't put the water in the wiper/washer tank because of streaks on the glass after it dry's.

So does that mean I can't really get a great wash/wax job?
In my leaf blower there is a filter and there is no way gasoline mixed air is coming out. That would also be highly toxic and illegal, I dont think the EPA regulations would allow such design.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Where does your exhaust go, does it exit behind you, so you stand in the exhaust cloud like a chain saw

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
I can tell that this is not the case with my RedMax 8500. Maybe the cheap ones might be doing this but mine doesn't do it.

Also when you say MB is better. Of course it's better and if money is no object, everyone should get it. My point was if you already have a decent leaf blower and have access to compressor and have the right tips for it, considering you have access to these two tools, MB may not be necessary.
As was already pointed out, why make the thread in the first place??? In hopes that others confirm the decision you made is the right one?

You didn't buy the R, you didn't buy a MB... I'm sensing a pattern.

:first:

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So I broke down and bought the MB revolution with 30 ft hose at a great price. It came in yesterday and I can certainly see how its useful and more conventient.

One thing I want to ask is about the warm air claims I have read everywhere. Mine doesnt seem to produce any warm air, granted I only ran it for 15 seconds or so. Is that normal?
Sponsored