Sponsored

Tune Opinions

Mustang Mikes Queen Creek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Does anyone else feel regardless of tune ,Cobb stg 1 91 93 Stage etc etc,Tune+ 91,Trans tune or otherwise etc etc,That the tuned version makes the cars feel soggy on tip in power and also trans responsivness when letting the car upshit,I feel like my oem tune is absolutely dead on for bottem end and midrange power,Trans shifts beautifully as well.A much more enjoyable daily driver experiences.My question is this,why cant these tuned cars runs as well or even better on the bottom end and still have the benefits of upper midrange power and torque.The hp tunes feel gutless for throttle response and spool time and much less refined.At this point id only run these tunes at the track for w.o.t performance.Ive decided long ago I cant really stand them for daily driving.Will purchasing a pedal max bring back all the oem crispness with the tunes?

Not interested in a pissing match just basic experiences.Thanks
Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I feel like the FP tune does a good job of balancing that. Though it is not as aggressive as a protune, it still feels like it did stock, just faster. The transmission shifts just fine, in sport+/track mode it actually shifts harder (automatic). The throttle response is just fine. I havent driven an ecoboost with a different tune, just giving my thoughts given your reasons that you dont like the other tunes.

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
upshit...
:lol:

Seriously though, I'd give another vote to the FP tune. My car has good low end torque, still feels responsive all the way through the RPM range. Pulls right up to the red line.

It's not as hot as other custom tunes, but I went with it because it kept my warranty. I'm happy with it, I think the car runs great.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Hey there fellow ecoboost owners, if anyone is new to the tuning world and would like some help or any information about our products and our results for the ecoboost mustangs feel free to give me a call at 313-561-5500 extension 104, my name is Cody and i would be glad to help you out! we have consistent gains of 62 horsepower and 90 Ft. Lbs of torque off of just a tune on 93 octane fuel!

LuckyJerk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang AT
You have another vote here for FP tune. Especially for daily driving its great. Feels like an OEM quality tune just more powerful. Pulls all the way to redline and if you have the auto the trans shifting map is a lot better and when you give it the beans the shifts are harder.

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
You have another vote here for FP tune. Especially for daily driving its great. Feels like an OEM quality tune just more powerful. Pulls all the way to redline and if you have the auto the trans shifting map is a lot better and when you give it the beans the shifts are harder.
Sweet! Go ahead and give me a call whenever you have free time to talk about the details, 313-561-5500 extension 104, my name is Cody

kiszl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Tripple Yellow 2015 GT
Giving another vote for the FP Tune. Fell in love with my ecoboost all over again when I got it. Feels great and is always good to know that my warranty is intact. The FP tune combined with an intercooler is more than enough in my opinion for these engines, anything more and you might as well just upgrade to a GT.

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
+1 for FP tune, like its been mentioned before more warranty friendly and combined with an IC is plenty enough for a DD. Is it the fastest? No, but is .2 seconds faster worth losing 7k and your time? It's always the little extra things that cost you the most.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
On my 15 Ecoboost manual I tried the canned tunes from SCT and tunes from Steeda & Unleashed.

The tip in on the SCT tunes was quite abrupt and was not at all enjoyable for daily driving. The tunes from Steeda and Unleashed were every bit as good as the stock tune from a driveability standpoint and the power across the rpm range was dramatically improved over stock. Steeda was not much interested in tweaking the tune after providing logs (kept telling me there was no reason to tweak), that was the main reason I went to Unleashed. With each log I sent Torrie the tune I got back had a noticeable increase in power and ultimately I took .3 seconds of my 0 to 60 compared to the Steeda.

When I got my 17 Ecoboost manual I took a different approach with the first mod being an intercooler (never put one on the 15), this with the stock tune gave me a noticeable improvement in power on the top end. I then did a resonator delete, no noticeable power increase but sounds better. I finally decided to go with the FP tune kit. The driveability is the same as stock and the power across the rpm range to my butt dyno feels as strong as the final version of the Unleashed tune on the 15, I have not been motivated to try any 0 to 60 runs to compare.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Bad ass,I knew none of this was just in my head,If I where to do it again,Id do quality high end intercooler,My offroad down pipe,(weight savings alone was worth it),panel filter and airaid mit pipe,Best mod so far has been my upr dv catch can,I run the best synthetic oil and still change it out every 3500 miles using the larger motorcraft filter.

I also mix in e85 to raise the octane up around 96,maybe a e25 mix,and afrs are well with in check.No noticable decrease in mpgs either,but a but load of low end grunt.I havent seen any ill effects from running 4 gallons or so of e85 been doing it for 6 months now.Stock tune with fuel mix feels almost as strong as the cobb stage 1 91,Not quite as linear but grunty as hell none the less,Havent heard any lspi in a very very long time.

Sponsored

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
I have to say but went with Cobb stage 1,2,3 before I went on to speed factory I like them all as long as you had similar mods , it worked fine and had enjine intercooler,and aem charge pipes , and if Ford tune was out I may of tried it couldn't hold out for the boost.

gtmorgan23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
surprised that none of the Tune+ guys chimed in but i hear his tunes are the kitties titties.
I have been very happy with my unleashed tune on my SHO.

When my wifes eco goes out of warranty we plan to go Tune+

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I then did a resonator delete, no noticeable power increase but sounds better.
I'm curious about this. I've been considering a resonator delete, but I worry about cabin noise. I use my car for a daily 40-min commute. Do you get much drone without a resonator?

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I'm curious about this. I've been considering a resonator delete, but I worry about cabin noise. I use my car for a daily 40-min commute. Do you get much drone without a resonator?

I have the borla s-type axelback + resonator delete. It is very hard to put the car in the drone spot. You actually have to try. You will be fine, especially if u still have the stock mufflers.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Bad ass,I knew none of this was just in my head,If I where to do it again,Id do quality high end intercooler,My offroad down pipe,(weight savings alone was worth it),panel filter and airaid mit pipe,Best mod so far has been my upr dv catch can,I run the best synthetic oil and still change it out every 3500 miles using the larger motorcraft filter.

I also mix in e85 to raise the octane up around 96,maybe a e25 mix,and afrs are well with in check.No noticable decrease in mpgs either,but a but load of low end grunt.I havent seen any ill effects from running 4 gallons or so of e85 been doing it for 6 months now.Stock tune with fuel mix feels almost as strong as the cobb stage 1 91,Not quite as linear but grunty as hell none the less,Havent heard any lspi in a very very long time.
It is safe to mix in 1 gal to 1.5 gallons of e85 to a full tank of gas which will net you e15 to e20 mix. I would not run a higher concentration of ethanol without tuning for it. Yes it raises your octane, but it will also throw your stft's out of wack and you could also see the HPFP pressures begin to drop because your afr targets are set for 10% ethanol. This will tax your fuel system and just really isn't optimum. A 4 gallon mix is e30, and it will run without being tuned for it because the ECU has a pretty broad range of capability to compensate, but again not optimum and definitely not recommended. The issue will become more exasperated as temperatures begin to drop in the fall and winter months.

If you're insistent on running ethanol blends, I recommend tuning for it to see the maximum benefit with the least amount of adverse consequences. I personally recommend Alex at Stratified Tuning. They have a lot of experience tuning the ecoboost engines and are very meticulous with their tuning strategy.

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=119&zenid=57bspfom4bp42e8cb73ou64fu4
E30 vs 93 Octane Tune.png
E30 93 Comparison.png
Sponsored