Sponsored

coilover recommendations...

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
V3 is a monotube damper with lesser spring rates. Great setup and spot on for road and hobby track days or auto x.

Clubsport is a twintube damper, higher spring rates, top mounts etc. Fantastic compliance on the road, spring rates a touch firm for the wet but very predictable. Proper track setup as well.

My car is a road car in the UK and the CS2 is superb, the car has amazing comfort, composure and compliance, warranty is irrelevant anyway because KW rebuild the dampers for a small fee should you have an issue but these damper quality are very high, should do 3-5yr trouble free or around 60-100k miles. Got a set on my M3 race car and after 50+ track days, 30,000 miles and around 5yr old, on a damper dyno they were still spot on, no need for rebuild.

Expensive but complete kit and nice quality, my only complaint is the springs in the rear are progressive making them very heavy.
No it's not. It's a twin tube just like the clubsport.
Sponsored

raidn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Perf Pack + 1968 302 Coupe
Is there a Ridetech Rep here? Hoping to get a bit of a discount. I need to rescue an air bagged Mustang I just bought.

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Is there a Ridetech Rep here? Hoping to get a bit of a discount. I need to rescue an air bagged Mustang I just bought.
There is, but I haven't seen him post much lately.

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

[MENTION=16613]RidetechJosh[/MENTION]

Hotpart.com

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002, 2006, 2015 Mustangs
These just showed up the other day. We have some work to do with Ohlins before we start selling them but hoping to have that worked out and shipping in the next 2-4 weeks.

Ohlins-Vogtland-JM-Camber-Plates.jpg

Sponsored

raidn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
These just showed up the other day. We have some work to do with Ohlins before we start selling them but hoping to have that worked out and shipping in the next 2-4 weeks.

Ohlins-Vogtland-JM-Camber-Plates.jpg
Are these the new Ohlins R&T for the mustang? I'm very interested in them. Depends on price, and there isn't really much info on them yet, at least that I have found. What adjustability do they have? Price? Those orange springs would look great on my Comp O stang!

Hotpart.com

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002, 2006, 2015 Mustangs
Are these the new Ohlins R&T for the mustang? I'm very interested in them. Depends on price, and there isn't really much info on them yet, at least that I have found. What adjustability do they have? Price? Those orange springs would look great on my Comp O stang!
We just received them a couple days ago and haven't had the chance to put them on the dyno yet, so we don't have much information to publish. They are single adjustable from the top on the rears and the bottom on the fronts. The orange springs are from Vogtland and not Ohlins. We will be offering them as boxed with Ohlins springs, with either Vogtland or Hyperco springs of the customers choosing, and custom spring rates with our caster camber plates already mounted set up for the 2.5" springs as pictured. With SEMA coming up we probably won't be able to do much with them until the beginning of November.

raidn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
We just received them a couple days ago and haven't had the chance to put them on the dyno yet, so we don't have much information to publish. They are single adjustable from the top on the rears and the bottom on the fronts. The orange springs are from Vogtland and not Ohlins. We will be offering them as boxed with Ohlins springs, with either Vogtland or Hyperco springs of the customers choosing, and custom spring rates with our caster camber plates already mounted set up for the 2.5" springs as pictured. With SEMA coming up we probably won't be able to do much with them until the beginning of November.

I'll be at SEMA, I may have to come find your booth and chat about them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Schu

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Are those ohlins valvable for spring rate changes?
I'd like to see the dunk if you've got them also.

Last edited:

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
It’s about damn time some info is released on the ohlins....I’m ready to buy them already lol

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Ready for these to hit the market
Call Vorshlag, those dampers with their camber plates and Hypercoil springs would be my pick at your price point. MCS TT1 would be good too. If I had the ca$h I'd have Paul Yaw build me a set of his frankenstein dampers.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Comment on KW v3. No special top mount - stock works. However, they use a proprietary spring rate which is progressive on both ends. Moreover, the springs are not conventional C/O springs. To swap over to a 2.5" Hypercoil or similar would require some mods and most likely a top mount for the front. The rears would also need mods. The KW is a superior shock when compared to a Bilstein HD or Koni Sport. But if you want spring rate choices, don't go KWv3 until they offer some options.

Thought I'd comment on this while I was searching this thread for JRi posts.

I've been running the Roush V3 version of the KW coilover kit and have changed springs a few times. You can use 60mm race springs on the struts with Vorshlag camber plates with KW strut hardware. For under 400 lb springs go with 7" lengths and above 400 6" should work. I have 500 lb springs up front now.

In the rear I upgraded from the roughly 900 lb Roush coil springs to a Hyperco 18Z1440 spring that dropped right in with the Roush adjustable perch. That spring is 1440 lbs. I have since gone up to 1600 lb 2.25" race springs with a Mike Maier weight jacker adjustable/articulating perch setup.

So, there are options for folks running the KW V1/3 struts and shocks and who desire different rates.

I like the spring rates I'm at now but feel like I've gone way past what the shocks can handle. Or at least I'm looking for way better shocks for next season if I can swing it. Hence the research into JRi (and Ridetech).
Sponsored