Sponsored

SC Ruby's Whipple Build

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
OK, here is the Dyno on my Race Tune:

Rwhp = 900.29
Max Torque = 693.34
RPM = 8000 (Engine red line is at 8400)
Pulley = 3.00"
PSI = 17lbs
Fuel = 91 octane + Boostane + MS109

37536571522_ecc0757c93_h.jpg
https://flic.kr/p/ZbYJXC https://www.flickr.com/photos/141655656@N05/

My Daily Driver setup:

Rwhp = 825
Max Torque = 610
RPM = 8000
Pulley = 3.73"
PSI = 13-14lbs
Fuel = 91 octane + Boostane
Thanks for being such a pioneer .
I have been looking forward to your results (also waiting on the similar flat plane build )
Are you going to pulley down ?
Don't you have a 10 rib belt /20 % OD?
20 psi should be good for another 100 rwhp .
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Holy smokes Dennis, that is awesome man! Beast mode!
Your "daily driver" mode still has more horsepower than most cars on the road today, never mind your "race tune" mode. :D :thumbsup:
Enjoy it brother.

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Thanks for being such a pioneer .
I have been looking forward to your results (also waiting on the similar flat plane build )
Are you going to pulley down ?
Don't you have a 10 rib belt /20 % OD?
20 psi should be good for another 100 rwhp .

[MENTION=13339]olaosunt[/MENTION] yes we we have plans to pulley down to take it up to 20psi and we should definitely hit the 1000+ Rwhp. I do have the 10 rip belt system and more than likely will be going to the 20% OD as well :thumbsup:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
[MENTION=13339]olaosunt[/MENTION] yes we we have plans to pulley down to take it up to 20psi and we should definitely hit the 1000+ Rwhp. I do have the 10 rip belt system and more than likely will be going to the 20% OD as well :thumbsup:
Thanks .
I personally think the car is too gorgeous to get beat up at the 1/4 mile track but any plans ?

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks .
I personally think the car is too gorgeous to get beat up at the 1/4 mile track but any plans ?

[MENTION=13339]olaosunt[/MENTION] no 1/4 mile but I’m doing the Shift Sector 1/2 mike rolling start Event next weekend in Coalinga :thumbsup:

Sponsored

DarkHorse5.0

Project White Label
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 GT PP
Badass Dennis! I have no doubt you had 4 digit horsepower in your sights with this 5.2 and it looks as if you’re gonna be there sooner than later. Thanks for paving the way for so many others! Amazing build, that sc ruby!

:thumbsup:

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I don't usually go into the build section much, but I'm glad you told me to go check yours out about the fitment of the new Whipple Gen3/Cobra Jet intake. What a sick build man, absolutely stunning to look at, and makes a whole bunch of power.....Well done man!:headbang:

Do you know if Hillbank Motorsports had to change the coupler between the new 150mm throttlebody & the Cobra Jet Intake?!? BTW.....you got my gears turning now about your choice to use the GT350 block over a sleeved block.
I see you guys used a combination of 91 octane + Boostane + MS109, Mind sharing a little more about that? I would be curious to see what your car would make on E85, I am at 17lbs. on my car with just pump gears/crank sprocket/BOSS 302 tensioners and make 835 thru an auto. I bet your car with some ID1300's and some corn in the tank would make A TON of power...

Bob

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
I don't usually go into the build section much, but I'm glad you told me to go check yours out about the fitment of the new Whipple Gen3/Cobra Jet intake. What a sick build man, absolutely stunning to look at, and makes a whole bunch of power.....Well done man!:headbang:

Do you know if Hillbank Motorsports had to change the coupler between the new 150mm throttlebody & the Cobra Jet Intake?!? BTW.....you got my gears turning now about your choice to use the GT350 block over a sleeved block.
I see you guys used a combination of 91 octane + Boostane + MS109, Mind sharing a little more about that? I would be curious to see what your car would make on E85, I am at 17lbs. on my car with just pump gears/crank sprocket/BOSS 302 tensioners and make 835 thru an auto. I bet your car with some ID1300's and some corn in the tank would make A TON of power...

Bob
Thanks Bob :cheers:

@Will@Wipple did the install and I know he had to finesse and get creative on connecting the CJ air intake to the 150mm TB. The CJ is 140mm. We went with the GT350 block over a sleeved GT block as it will hold more power and we were able to go with larger pistons I believe. We ran the Dyno on 91 octane with a qt. Of Boostane additive and a few gallons of MS109 just for protection of knock at high RPMS. We plan on a future Dyno pull at 20 psi on C16 race gas to see what the “Beast” mode numbers will be :D

A friend of mine is having a motor built by Will as well and he’ll be running ID1700’s on E85 so I’m sure he’ll be putting down 1100+ to the wheels.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Vert nice build.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
looks great thanks Dennis

Sponsored

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
Thanks Bob :cheers:

@Will@Wipple did the install and I know he had to finesse and get creative on connecting the CJ air intake to the 150mm TB. The CJ is 140mm. We went with the GT350 block over a sleeved GT block as it will hold more power and we were able to go with larger pistons I believe. We ran the Dyno on 91 octane with a qt. Of Boostane additive and a few gallons of MS109 just for protection of knock at high RPMS. We plan on a future Dyno pull at 20 psi on C16 race gas to see what the “Beast” mode numbers will be :D

A friend of mine is having a motor built by Will as well and he’ll be running ID1700’s on E85 so I’m sure he’ll be putting down 1100+ to the wheels.
Ahhhh yeah, once I get it broken in and running I'm definitely going to send it and see what she can put down with 25 psi and E85 :)

I just hope she'll idle with the 1700's :lol:

Awesome numbers posted Dennis!! I know I'm a long ways away from mine being up and running with winter coming here and needing to get my lift in before my install but can't wait!

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Ahhhh yeah, once I get it broken in and running I'm definitely going to send it and see what she can put down with 25 psi and E85 :)

I just hope she'll idle with the 1700's :lol:

Awesome numbers posted Dennis!! I know I'm a long ways away from mine being up and running with winter coming here and needing to get my lift in before my install but can't wait!

[MENTION=7394]DarkSubRosa[/MENTION] Thanks Jake :hail: Definitely looking forward to seeing your build come alive with its new "Beast of a Heart".

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=13339]olaosunt[/MENTION] no 1/4 mile but I’m doing the Shift Sector 1/2 mike rolling start Event next weekend in Coalinga :thumbsup:
Updates on this gorgeous build .Thinking of going this route to replace one my MMR built/sleeved 5.2 that has issues .Going to try swapping all the VCT stuff but if that does not it it's got to be the block .

If I have to replace that block this may be the way to go If Whipples
thoughts that the GT 350 block will be stronger that a sleeved coyote block holds true .

How did you do at the 1/2 mile race and how is the motor holding up .

Have you pulled down yet ?

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Updates on this gorgeous build .Thinking of going this route to replace one my MMR built/sleeved 5.2 that has issues .Going to try swapping all the VCT stuff but if that does not it it's got to be the block .

If I have to replace that block this may be the way to go If Whipples
thoughts that the GT 350 block will be stronger that a sleeved coyote block holds true .

How did you do at the 1/2 mile race and how is the motor holding up .

Have you pulled down yet ?

[MENTION=13339]olaosunt[/MENTION] sorry about the delay in getting back to you. The engine is holding up great and loving every minute of it. I had a top speed of 161 mph at the Shift Sector event and know I can do better. I need to get better on my launches and I'm in the process of ordering the Watson Ice Tank to help keep my IAT's down at race events. I was up at 148 IAT's at Shift Sector so I was pulling a ton of timing. Going back in February to their next event and looking to do 180-190mph.

I've only gone down to the 3.00" pulley for now which put down the 900 Rwhp and will in the near future drop down to a smaller pulley and take it up to 21psi which should put down 1000+ Rwhp.

Car is a beast when you want it to and drive as good as any daily when you want it to. I do drive mine as a daily so its the best of both worlds for me. :cheers: Wish you the best in your choice and if you decide to go this route let me know if you have any other questions. :thumbsup:

jenkinsinc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hey Dennis.... 1st off your build is Pioneering and I just want to thank you for kicking in doors for future builders like myself by documenting your experiences. I just purchased my GT350 and want to build an indestructible NA motor with a primary goal of longevity and reliability and a secondary goal of making more power. I know that your engine was built with the specific intent to boost it... but what do you think a build like yours without the blower would be like?? would it be a total dog? Would you recommend a completely different direction for NA purposes. All others feel free to chime in as well with what you think about a build like Dennis has without a blower.
Sponsored