Sponsored

Ford dealer is claiming the camber isn't adjustible.

Yakb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT premium, PP
I had a set of steeda lowering springs and shocks installed at an independent mechanic, and then I had an alignment done at a Ford dealer. They didn't adjust the camber at all.
I took it back and complained and they told me the camber isnt adjustible.

It ended up with them saying.
Ok come behind the counter, look at the shop manual online and prove that it's adjustible.

Eventually they admited, Ok, its technically possible to adjust the rear camber but there's not enough travel to make a meaningful difference. Off the top of my head I couldn't remember how to adjust the front camber so they aren't going to touch it because I can't prove that it can be done.

Is it going to be a fight to get this car aligned anywhere I go?
And is it possible to adjust the front camber back into spec without camber plates?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
They're correct on the front without camber bolts or plates. The rear definitely has some adjustment, enough to get you in the right ballpark, they're just being lazy. Word of advice: don't take your car to a dealer for stuff like this. Go to a performance shop or even a place like Firestone (my local one has been fantastic to me, run by a car guy).

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
The front isn't adjustable without camber bolts or plates, the rear is possible though. I don't think you'd want to force someone that doesn't know what they're doing to do it though...

OP
OP

Yakb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT premium, PP
Thanks for your help everyone.

They took a look at the car, and then said that the bolt for adjusting the rear camber was inaccessible; they'd need to have the car in for a while, and start taking things apart to do it.

I'm just going to go somewhere else. The reason I had it at this dealership today, was because I had paid for an alignment a few weeks ago, I got the car back with it out of spec, and I was hoping they could fix it.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your help everyone.

They took a look at the car, and then said that the bolt for adjusting the rear camber was inaccessible; they'd need to have the car in for a while, and start taking things apart to do it.

I'm just going to go somewhere else. The reason I had it at this dealership today, was because I had paid for an alignment a few weeks ago, I got the car back with it out of spec, and I was hoping they could fix it.
It's definitely accessible with a long ratchet/torque wrench. Easy? No. But it is accessible.

Sponsored

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Bullshit. I was able to set my rear camber in my driveway with just a jack and jack stand with a tire off to -2.4 because the place I took it to said it was impossible. Fuck that. On the top of the camber arm is a bolt. Use a socket and a wrench. One to hold it and the other to loosen it a little. I personally used the jack and a block under the caliper to move it as negative as possible to ay fuck you and set my camber to -2.2

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I go to firestone and get the life time alignment. I give them the specs I want and they take their time getting it damn near exactly where I want it.