Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
Have they updated the install instructions since the software update?
Sponsored

Mike-Honcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EB Pemium W/ PP
Hey all appreciate the replies and helping me understand things more. The thought of downloading my tune myself did cross my mind, but I only own a Galaxy tablet, I don't have a laptop. Can I download the tune to my tablet and take it to the dealer, or is it not compatible with the software in tablets?

Sounds like the dealership issue is more subjective that I'd like it to be but I'll deal with it. I remember the finance dept telling me I could take the cost of my extended warranty and apply it to the principal on my loan if I ever decided I didn't want it anymore, so I guess I could do that if the tune is gonna drop my warranty to 3/36 through ford perfomance. Then again who knows, that could of just been double talk to get more money out of me, lol.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Hey all appreciate the replies and helping me understand things more. The thought of downloading my tune myself did cross my mind, but I only own a Galaxy tablet, I don't have a laptop. Can I download the tune to my tablet and take it to the dealer, or is it not compatible with the software in tablets?

Sounds like the dealership issue is more subjective that I'd like it to be but I'll deal with it. I remember the finance dept telling me I could take the cost of my extended warranty and apply it to the principal on my loan if I ever decided I didn't want it anymore, so I guess I could do that if the tune is gonna drop my warranty to 3/36 through ford perfomance. Then again who knows, that could of just been double talk to get more money out of me, lol.
I doubt it will work on your tablet. The operating system is what is important and even if it is a Windows tablet, they run a different version of Windows than a PC (same as a phone). In that case, just be sure you bring a flash drive with you and get them to give you the tune file. Also have them write down the account information they used and password. Better yet, even if you don't download the software, at least go in and create the account and give them the information to use.

Yes you can get a portion of your money back for your extended warranty. What they don't make clear is that the warranty you pay for starts depreciating the minute you sign the paper. Lets say you bought a 7 yr 100k extended warranty for $2k. You would think that if you had 3/36 B-B from the factory for free as part of your purchase, the extended warranty should start depreciating at 3/36. That isn't the case though and if you wait until 3/36 to cancel it, you'll only get a little over half your money back (applied to principal). So if you think you want to cancel it, it's best to decide as quickly as you can and do it as it is doing nothing for you before 3/36 and is just depreciating.

sanravel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Premium Convertible
It will work from a Surface Pro 3 or 4 as they use the full version of Windows 8 and 10.

That's what I used.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
It will work from a Surface Pro 3 or 4 as they use the full version of Windows 8 and 10.

That's what I used.
He said he has a Galaxy tablet, that runs Android OS I believe.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheLion

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
BTW, I know people were asking about boost pressure a while back on this massively long thread.

Yesterday I saw 21.5 PSI from 4k all the way up to 6100 in 3rd gear. Cylinder head temps peaked at 228, so coolant temps were in the 203F~208F range. That's with a leaking radiator (resivor was just topped off, so wasn't low on coolant).

Car pulled like an ox on an up-hill on-ramp (5~7 degree incline) that makes most cars I've driven cry. Ambient was about 75F and sunny.

Peak power on the FP tune is from 3800 to 6100, it will hold over 300hp at the crank in that range. Reving it out makes no sense unless your in first, which is ok because you don't notice the weakness of the top 400 rpm with the massive gear reduction of 1st, but that's still a great power band compared to stock and comparable or better than the power bands of most competitors like the 2016+ Camaro V6, which only holds 300+ from about 5500 to 6500. The RPM bandwidth of a FP tuned EB is really good. It's all about area under the curve!

For anyone interested, try:
Shift @ 6500 1-2
Shift @ 6100 2-3
Shift @ 6000 3-4
Shift @ 6000 4-5

That will keep you centered around that 300+HP power band arc and make the most of it. Also for anyone running an MT-82 box, 3.73 Torsen diff is a very good match with the FP tune.

You will end up right around 5900~6100 RPM by end of the 1/4 mile in 4th gear, 105~109 trap depending on conditions and driver and octane etc.

It's perfect gearing for the EB for strip, auto cross or even track and seems to make the most of the power. As far as I'm aware, it's the only way to get a Torsen in an EB as the 3.55 PP diffs for the EB's I think just have the traction lock don't they or are they Torsen?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
As far as I'm aware, it's the only way to get a Torsen in an EB as the 3.55 PP diffs for the EB's I think just have the traction lock don't they or are they Torsen?
I know the GT PP comes with a 3.55 Torsen but I'm not sure about the EB PP, it may just be an LSD. It feels like it coming out of a curve hard anyways.

Kennyg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang EB
Just had the dealer install the Ford tune on my 17 ecoboost...if I want to add more mods like an exhaust, upgraded waste gate, and possible intercooler upgrade do you need to re-flash the Ecu? Thanks all! Love the new tune!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Just had the dealer install the Ford tune on my 17 ecoboost...if I want to add more mods like an exhaust, upgraded waste gate, and possible intercooler upgrade do you need to re-flash the Ecu? Thanks all! Love the new tune!
You could change the catback exhaust and FMIC without changing the tune. However, if you wanted to change the downpipe or waste gate, you'd need a tune for it and FP isn't modifying the tune for upgrades, you'd need to go to a pro tune. Then it would be their tune instead of the Ford Performance tune.

Kennyg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang EB
Thank you Jbailer for the info...can I add any aftermarket IC like a Levels, or ETS with the Ford tune? Thank you for your help!

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Thank you Jbailer for the info...can I add any aftermarket IC like a Levels, or ETS with the Ford tune? Thank you for your help!
Yes, any intercooler, it won't make a difference as far as the tune. Before you go that route, I'd encourage you to be comfortable with any impact to warranty. Lots of people on the Internet will generously give advice regarding warranty but I'm pretty sure none of them will cover your warranty should something happen and you get denied. Since it would be Ford Performance granting the warranty, check with them that they are ok with you upgrading or changing your FMIC. The best way is via email so that you have a written record of their reply.

I'm just saying that for your own peace of mind if you are concerned about it. Personally, I'm not checking on that because I'm comfortable fighting it if it came to that.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
No problem, always happy to help! That's what the forum is for. :cheers:

OP
OP
TheLion

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
I did not get an aftermarket IC... never seen a need. If I were taking it on a track I would.

Should you upgrade? Ha, ha... who knows. If I lived in Texas I might have one and a different story to tell you. Up and down the east coast in the summer is no problem for my car.... even while hanging out with some GTs for extended periods of time. According to some I should have blown the motor or been limping along at 2 mph hanging out with them for an hour half or so in 98+ degree weather... having a little "fun".

FP put out the tune without an IC...

I'm happy with mine without one... if others are happy with theirs, that is all good.

Far as warranty, yes, dealers can be a pain the neck... and it sounds like you have one that can give you a hard time. I had my mufflers replaced and one local dealer would not work on squeaks in the interior of my car... said my car was "modified". Another local dealer worked on it, no issue. Dealers have a lot of power when it comes to warranty work. They can simply pull your car around front and refuse to work on it....
FMIC isn't an issue of reliability, it's an issue of power. I can guarantee you the same car with a FP tune + IC will beat you out every time. Your not going to make as much as power because of higher CAC temps. The PCM will keep things from damage by pulling timing and closing the throttle, there's no question about that.

However, for track use you may run into issues unless you have a PP 1.5" or larger radiator. FMIC will go a long way in making good power under those conditions as well. Just look at all the reviews from C&D and MT, they all noticed the stock EB was pulling power after just a lap or two (FMIC issue).

Also for reference, GT PP Auto's come with a 3.55 Torsen, GT PP MT-82's come with a 3.73 Torsen. I have a MT-82 EB which is why I went with a 3.73 Torsed GT diff. Auto guys would best be served with a 3.55 Torsen so when I say go with a 3.73, I'm referencing that for manual equipped EB's.
Sponsored