Cam swap?

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
I am going to be swapping my cams.

Any gotchas I should be aware of?

I currently have ATI Damper, any tips for removing it? How do I keep crank from spinning while removing the bolt?

Any gaskets etc I will need? Trying to be prepared for this job.
Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
ATI can be a Bitch! I use a three arm harmonic balancer puller. Then need a longer than stock bolt or threaded rod to get it back on. If you stock damper bolt they are one time use.

Easy to get the bolt out, just use an impact if you have one. Shouldn't need gaskets. I would look into the opg install threads. Pretty much the same process,

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
ATI can be a Bitch! I use a three arm harmonic balancer puller. Then need a longer than stock bolt or threaded rod to get it back on. If you stock damper bolt they are one time use.

Easy to get the bolt out, just use an impact if you have one. Shouldn't need gaskets. I would look into the opg install threads. Pretty much the same process,
If I use impact gun on bolt, how do I keep crank from turning?

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
If I use impact gun on bolt, how do I keep crank from turning?
It won't turn at all. An impact gun kind of works like a hammer. Very fast hitts to turn. Not like an actual drill.

Once you get to the turning the motor over, but the bolt back into the crank and pull the plugs. Then use a cheater bar to spin the motor. Oh and make sure the car is in Neutral.

Edit you have to turn the motor to line everything up before you pull the chains off.
Sponsored