Sponsored

MY18 REVIEWS: The thread to put the press/owner reviews of MY18

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Not seen that no lift shift before
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Not seen that no lift shift before
I had it on my MY15, like the video says it feels not natural to use and is really difficult to do as your brain is saying no.

But it works effectively for flat shifting at high RPM, if you could programme yourself to do it on every gear change in the quarter mile it could be worth upto 1/2 second and 1-2mph more terminal. As such I could only ever get myself to do it on the 3-4 shift, but it did shave a couple tenths of by doing so.

If felt quite gentle on the trans as well, but its just hard to do, when left foot presses clutch its just natural to lift off with right foot.

MY18 this is standard, MT82-4 has no lift shift, dual pressure flywheel, longer ratios (not a fan) but overall its supposed to be far easier to operate and gets rid of the annoying traits of MY15, just a shame about the longer ratios. :(

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
in manuals its easy just keep throttle pinned nothing special its just the stupid rev limiter thats the issue on modern cars older cars just redline until you release clutch rather than killing revs

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[ame]

[ame]

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The carbon interior pack option:

[ame]

Sponsored

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]ulLoKdxHOnI[/MEDIA]"]

Carbon interior Pack, with Digital Dash and Royal Crimson, although by stance not on magneride.

P.S. Apologies for the initial commentary....:doh:

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
[MENTION]Gibbo205[/MENTION]

Long video but skip to 2:00 mins in, think you might like it, 2018 Shelby GT350R in orange Fury with black accent pack.

Although most likely you have already seen it. :cheers:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]uaQ_n2y5M_U[/MEDIA]"]

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Carbon interior Pack, with Digital Dash and Royal Crimson, although by stance not on magneride.

P.S. Apologies for the initial commentary....:doh:
That is not carbon interior pack I am afraid. Check the video I posted of grey car and you will see dash is different, gearstick and seats. Not an option so far for UK cars.

Yes does look like regular PP suspension, the mag ride cars do certainly seem to sit lower, just like a GT 350 out of coincidence which would suggest they are also running regular 350 springs. In short it seems like the mag ride option just simply gives you full 350 suspension, making it incredible value for money.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Long video but skip to 2:00 mins in, think you might like it, 2018 Shelby GT350R in orange Fury with black accent pack.

Sure have, already eyed up a set of the wheels. :)

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car

Quite understandable why Ford don't make them in RHD - who on earth would want to buy one of those?! ..... :thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[ame]

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK this has to be one of the best review video's I've seen yet, guessing he owns the car as it looks like he customised the digital dash with his own colours.

Also skip to 16 minutes and look how quick and responsive it is on the paddles when the car is correctly in S mode, that looks pretty responsive to me on both upshift and downshift.

Car in auto seems a bit odd, but not overly fussed by that as I love paddle shifters.

He also does a track apps 0-60 run, gets 4s flat and I think he might be changing gear manually even though its in drag mode, but not sure:

[ame]

Not bad as the car does not have recaro, forged wheels or mag ride, so those optioned out cars will be even quicker. :D

He says its quicker than 350 and feels quicker then the Vette too, this gen3 Coyote seems a lot more potent, then combined with A10 its a bit of a performance king it seems.

Cannot wait to see what these things do with a tune on them, gonna be in the 11's at over 120mph for sure on street tyre. :)

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[ame]

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
In Florida again and went to see Kelly and the guys at BMR to pick up some more goodies (they now do a cracking RLCA spherical bearing which is gonna pair beautifully with the spherical V. links and Steeda's spherical rear shock mounts), and stopped by Lakeland Ford on the way back to see if they had any MY18's.

Said I'd reserve my judgement until I'd seen one in the flesh... and now I have... but I'll keep my opinion to myself!

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
OK this has to be one of the best review video's I've seen yet, guessing he owns the car as it looks like he customised the digital dash with his own colours.

Also skip to 16 minutes and look how quick and responsive it is on the paddles when the car is correctly in S mode, that looks pretty responsive to me on both upshift and downshift.

Car in auto seems a bit odd, but not overly fussed by that as I love paddle shifters.

He also does a track apps 0-60 run, gets 4s flat and I think he might be changing gear manually even though its in drag mode, but not sure:

Not bad as the car does not have recaro, forged wheels or mag ride, so those optioned out cars will be even quicker. :D

He says its quicker than 350 and feels quicker then the Vette too, this gen3 Coyote seems a lot more potent, then combined with A10 its a bit of a performance king it seems.

Cannot wait to see what these things do with a tune on them, gonna be in the 11's at over 120mph for sure on street tyre. :)
Good video. One thing he did mention was that when in drag mode, it softens the rear suspension for a better launch. Obviously, he was wrong as this car (as he mentioned) does not have Magneride. Just imagine the 0-60 times with Magneride :headbang::headbang::headbang:
Sponsored