Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2007 F-150 FX2
Added LED lighting (huge difference!)
Added JLT Painted Coil Covers
Added JLT Painted Strut Covers
Added Redline Hood Struts
Added FR catch can
Added white lettering to front lip
FORScan Tweaks all done - red logo, dark mode, horn honk gone, etc...

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg
Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Installed my Airraid Blue Dry CAI Filter. Looks good ! Box up the yellow to toss out this weekend.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
FWIW I still think the 3160 trans is just clunky... but it handles the power well and seems to hold up on track, and when shifting really fast I've not had any issues.

Also, the only time I've ever had it grind was when it didn't fully engage 1st and I didn't notice. I haven't had that yet with the Motul (and didn't have it with the BGII either)
Swapped to Pentosin FFL-3 DCT fluid today. That's the PDK fluid that Porsche uses, but BMW also refers to it as MTF-LT-5 for the 1M manual tranny, so at least one OEM has said it works in a manual gearbox. The local jobber that seems to carry a wide variety of exotic lubes had it in stock. While they listed the Motul, Redline and Ravenol universal DCTF's in their internal catalog, stock across their system was "zero". Their pricing is much better than Amazon, but you can only buy what they have.

I've driven the FFL-3 for a few miles. It's easier into second than anything else I've tried, but I'm not convinced it'll deliver grind-free shifting. More time will tell. The Motorcraft XT-11-QDC was actually pretty good, just hard to shift when cold. Maybe if I'd had more XL-18 friction modifier, it might have been better. We'll see over the next couple of weeks.

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Swapped to Pentosin FFL-3 DCT fluid today. That's the PDK fluid that Porsche uses, but BMW also refers to it as MTF-LT-5 for the 1M manual tranny, so at least one OEM has said it works in a manual gearbox. The local jobber that seems to carry a wide variety of exotic lubes had it in stock. While they listed the Motul, Redline and Ravenol universal DCTF's in their internal catalog, stock across their system was "zero". Their pricing is much better than Amazon, but you can only buy what they have.

I've driven the FFL-3 for a few miles. It's easier into second than anything else I've tried, but I'm not convinced it'll deliver grind-free shifting. More time will tell. The Motorcraft XT-11-QDC was actually pretty good, just hard to shift when cold. Maybe if I'd had more XL-18 friction modifier, it might have been better. We'll see over the next couple of weeks.
Did you try a before/after on adding the friction modifier? I'm curious if adding that to the DCTF would be good.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Did you try a before/after on adding the friction modifier? I'm curious if adding that to the DCTF would be good.
No, I just put what I had in the mix when I installed it. I went through this same cycle of trying different gear lubes when I had a 2011 Mustang GT with an MT82 transmission. I tried all the "trick" aftermarket products and eventually concluded that the Motorcraft XT-11-QDC that they spec for the gearbox was the best. Adding XL-18 improved cold shifting enough that I was pleased with the results and that was what I settled on. With an MGW shifter, QDC and XL-18 the gearbox was actually pretty good.

I've kept the QDC that I drained yesterday, and if I decide that it's the best, then I'll put it through again to flush out the cooler circuit and then install fresh QDC and a full dose of XL-18.

It's an interesting thought to consider XL-18 in another fluid, like DCTF or even ATF. If it smooths out the shifting, then it's a win. For $25, it might be worth a try, actually.

Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So, today I put clear packing tape over the transmission cooler grille and went for a drive to warm the gearbox up with the Pentosin FFL-3 in it. Cold (50 degrees, so not very cold) shifting was the best I've had so far. As it warmed up, it started to show signs of "going off" where you get the sense that it might grind, but just it didn't do it this time at around 90F, but as it got warmer (up to 130F) it got better again. I still only have a handful of miles on it, so it's not for certain yet, but we may have a winner.

TexanZSG21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Finally got around to putting an oil separator on the car. Installed the FP passenger side oil separator (anyone who buys this, flip the flexible hose, installs way easier that way) and will be putting on the BMR super low profile jacking rails tomorrow morning. I have the itch to buy more stuff now!

ryanr24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Installed diode dynamics rear side markers, diode dynamics interior lighting, and fp catch can.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
You know you’re a dumb ass when you drive all the way to the base auto hobby shop to change the oil and get the filter off before you realize that you left the replacement filter at home. Jeez...

Wife to the rescue!

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Installed high performance nitrogen in my tires, VROOM!

Sponsored

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Made a purchase from White Bear for a GT350 Track Pack Spoiler. Will be installing this winter. Gives me something to do while waiting for spring. Also pricing out a after market tranny cooler set up.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Winter storage :(

PrISM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Took her back to the shop that did my paint protection for a free wash. Probably going to be tucking her away soon for the winter time. :(

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
Finished up installing my second round of Xpel to the hood & fender front areas, rear fender flares and mirrors. If you have some patience and the time it's definitely a do-able project with the pre-cut kits from Xpel.
Sponsored