Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Can anyone answer this -- Is the magneride suspension, in base/normal setting, supposed to provide a smoother (more comfortable) ride than a regular GT, or will all magneride settings be more firm/rigid than a regular GT?
From what I have read, yes it would be more comfortable in normal setting than a Mustang without it. Again, this is what I have read. I have yet to drive the 2018 with magneride unfortunately. :frusty:
Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly I am considering to cancel my order and get an BMW M2 or Camaro. Need to think about this one more time

The MY15 was heavy, I have race scales as I had coilovers on the car, she weighed in at 1708kg, bear in mind that was with forged wheels, corsa exhaust, two-piece lighter brakes etc. If your thinking MY15 was a lot less weight, the export MY15 were not, they were around 1730kg, an equal spec MY18 will be around 1760kg, but of course Recaro, forged wheels, mag ride will help reduce that difference as those options all reduce weight.

An MY18 is around 1750kg, add in the forged wheels, recaro seats and your gonna be reducing that weight.

MY18 spec for spec is no more than 20kg heavier than MY15, as such I re-iterate my point, nothing to worry about.

Is a 1700kg car heavy? DAMN RIGHT, MY15 was 1735kg factory on exports for V8 GT with custom pack.

MY15/MY18 are heavy cars, you want something light, buy a Lotus or a Porsche. :)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
The carbon interior pack option:

[ame]

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Honestly I am considering to cancel my order and get an BMW M2 or Camaro. Need to think about this one more time
Depends what you want.

M2 will be arguable more fun than them both if you like attacking the canyon roads or narrower twisty roads, its simply a better car for that and is the first M car for a long while that is comparable to the E46 M3.

However I'd take MY18 over the Camaro every time, its sexier car, new 10 speed is superior, mag ride in theory the Mustang should be more fun on the road and as quick or very close round a track.

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I assume it's because of some kind of EU regulation for pollution.

Here are the Torque numbers of the different GTs:
EU 2015 GT: 524Nm
EU 2018 GT: 529Nm
US 2015 GT: 542Nm
US 2018 GT: 569Nm

According to the CZ spec sheet the 18 GT outruns the european SS, but I honestly can't imagine how the car should do that at all.

Does anybody know what is causing the 100kg increase between 15 and 18 GT? Are the new transmissions that heavy?
I know you shouldn’t have to do this, but look at the bright side, a like for like tune for us will give us a bigger bang for buck compared to the US models (similar to the current MY15 does) :thumbsup:

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I know you shouldn’t have to do this, but look at the bright side, a like for like tune for us will give us a bigger bang for buck compared to the US models (similar to the current MY15 does) :thumbsup:
How does it work with tunes in Europe with eg Lund. Can you get one for the Euro-market?

It's shame to do that as the car comes with a 5-year warranty that more or less goes down the drain. It is a shame that the power packs are not offered in Europe that would at least be something.

The Camaro has the same specs in EU and US

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It will be a DD with some track visits.

I am considering all sides, and depreciation being one.
I can get the M2 new(2017) with DCT and some other bells and whistles for the same price as the Mustang.

The Camaro I can get a new(2017) for 3500 EUR less than the Mustang, with 2SS package, A8, magnetic ride and NPP

Depends what you want.

M2 will be arguable more fun than them both if you like attacking the canyon roads or narrower twisty roads, its simply a better car for that and is the first M car for a long while that is comparable to the E46 M3.

However I'd take MY18 over the Camaro every time, its sexier car, new 10 speed is superior, mag ride in theory the Mustang should be more fun on the road and as quick or very close round a track.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I guess 18 GT with Premium Package and Magnetic Ride will be about 53k€. Thats about $62k including tax. :ninja:

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I guess 18 GT with Premium Package and Magnetic Ride will be about 53k€. Thats about $62k including tax. :ninja:

To be exact the list price here is 52818 EUR, with A10, Magneride and custom pack 2, race red :D

I have been qouted for 49700 EUR(58600 USD) though.

So more bang for the buck compared to the US-model ..... Not really

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
You need to add 10% import tax plus your local sales tax to the US price before you can compare them. Then all of a sudden the EU price is pretty good.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
To be exact the list price here is 52818 EUR, with A10, Magneride and custom pack 2, race red :D

I have been qouted for 49700 EUR(58600 USD) though.

Ummm.... I was talking about a tune for the EU model. Because we start off with less hp/torque to begin with, a tune (such as Lunds) will bring us up to the same level as a US model with a tune... I.e. our delta (because we started with less) will be greater, hence the more bang for buck (as tunes go - not cost of car)

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Honestly, I think the MY2018 Mustang w/magneride will be a better canyon carver and all around performer, then the M2. We will see comparison reviews of each shortly, but nothing in the BMW M2 was impressive, except the brakes.

BMW's M-Division is not what it use to be. I am moving my weekend hobby'ing to Ford Performance Racing (FPR).
Sponsored