Sponsored

amsoil signature series

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
how long do you guys run the oil for? I know its guaranteed for 25k or 1 year but I don't think that applies for spirited driving or flex fuel users.

I am about 20% life left on the stock ticker. I have the oil and filter. debating if I should change it this afternoon. oil still looks decent clean by the way. I run the full UPR catch can setup clean side and breather.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Unless you're tracking the car (and I mean a road course, not a drag strip) then wait until the car tells you to change the oil. I've done 3 oil analyses (1 on Mustang, 2 on Chevy truck) changing at 5% and they ALL said the oil was fine and could go a while longer. Mustang got Penn Ultra Plat and the Silverado got Walmart SuperTech Synthetic (which is same as Mag 1 oil). With track days, I change the oil ever 3-4 track days (single days) and did so and had that oil tested and was told it was fine again, although the viscosity had degraded a teeny bit (but it was a Liqui Moly 5W40 oil, so I wasn't the least worried about that). Relax... :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
16s550

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
sweet thanks dude!
Sponsored