Sponsored

Ditching Procharger... Paxton 2200 or VMP GEN 2

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
So after countless issues, and dynoing on two seperate dynos only 40-60rwhp above full bolt on GTs, im ditching my setup that I bought when the S550s first came out. Ive gone through almost 10 data logs, locked out IMRCs , and my power is flatlining at 6000 and not gaining any more power. Datalogged a couple weeks ago, and was told it was look spot on in fuel...everything and this is my result. I had put maybe 100 miles on since that data log that I sent over.

P1SC / ID1000s / Longtubes / MMR Lockouts

attachment.jpg

Just want pros and cons of both. I had a Paxton 2200 on my 3 valve and it put down the same power as my Coyote on a Procharger.
unnamed.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Imgur doesn't play nice with the forum, try hosting the image somewhere like Photobucket.

Sorry to hear of your Procharger issues, if your tune looks good to Lund, must be a hardware related issue since they pump out face-ripping Procharger tunes on the daily.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Imgur doesn't play nice with the forum, try hosting the image somewhere like Photobucket.

Sorry to hear of your Procharger issues, if your tune looks good to Lund, must be a hardware related issue since they pump out face-ripping Procharger tunes on the daily.
Thanks man, reuploaded.

And yeah, everyone has been putting out nice numbers even upper 600s on their P1s while my trash cant even hit 5. Just over dealing with it, been dealing with it all for almost two years now. Thats why im ditching it and going with something else. I cant lie and say I recommend a kit to countless people that ask me daily how Im liking things.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I see the graph now. Yikes.

You said the logs look good for fuel, is the car adding timing?

There are a few guys on the forum who would be interested to see your most recent logs, no doubt.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
I see the graph now. Yikes.

You said the logs look good for fuel, is the car adding timing?

There are a few guys on the forum who would be interested to see your most recent logs, no doubt.

Ill do a fresh log this weekend for anyone that wants to review it. Here are the most recent comments from the data log a few weeks ago.

"Your fuel quality is doing well. It's letting it have some decent timing. It should make some good power on the dyno if it keeps that up. "

Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Definitely Vmp! Low end torque and the instant hit of the blower is so much fun

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Man o man. I am not a fan of procharger setups. They just don't do it for me. Get the VMP I am not the fastest nor the slowest but there is not a procharger in this town that can beat me.

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I would get Lund to tune it before I gave up on the ProCharger..

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Man o man. I am not a fan of procharger setups. They just don't do it for me. Get the VMP I am not the fastest nor the slowest but there is not a procharger in this town that can beat me.
Thats cause im not their:D.To the op i would bet 100 bucks its not procharger related,maybe let someone that has done alot of installs look at it and your logs.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Thats cause im not their:D.To the op i would bet 100 bucks its not procharger related,maybe let someone that has done alot of installs look at it and your logs.
I'm done dumping money into this setup.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
So a centrifugal is a centrifugal basically...something else is wrong! It would be the shits to get a different brand centrifugal and have the same issue. Procharger tech just had a great post on here about inter coolers not functioning correctly, and dyno numbers...could be something plugged or collapsed, does the car feel fast? Have you sent the head unit in to be checked? Lots of things.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I'm done dumping money into this setup.
Oh i dont blame u ,but im sure their are a few guys that would look at it for u on this forum and not charge u.Did u do the install?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I think you have a compressor issue, i'd send the head unit back to pro charger, i bet they find something!

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
The same guy that tuned your tuned mine and im at 726 hp on 93.
Sponsored