Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (Base)
Mph?

PowerAdderGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
There is a guy on another popular board running a 5C and procharger d1sc into the low mid 9's.

Rhamlinii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (Base)
I will be getting either the 4c or 5c.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Sponsored

Rhamlinii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (Base)
116-117. E85 tune, headers, CAI. The stall was the most expensive mod. But it did the most also.
I want to really thank you for your advice. I received my 4C yesterday. Hopefully this week, I can have it installed so I can have it retuned this up comming weekend. I trapped 114.9 with a 12.40 last week. I did that with a 2.0 60ft, so a 1.6 should put me in the 11s. Which was my goal for my car N/A. Not bad for a car with a tune, x pipe, intake, and high flow cats still using the stock manifolds and mufflers.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I want to really thank you for your advice. I received my 4C yesterday. Hopefully this week, I can have it installed so I can have it retuned this up comming weekend. I trapped 114.9 with a 12.40 last week. I did that with a 2.0 60ft, so a 1.6 should put me in the 11s. Which was my goal for my car N/A. Not bad for a car with a tune, x pipe, intake, and high flow cats still using the stock manifolds and mufflers.
No problem. You have the same mods as I have. I've went [email protected]! That was in very negative DA. But even in August I can hit an 11.7-11.8. every run. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Rhamlinii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (Base)

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
With a 2.0 60' I assume you are spinning. If that is the case, then the converter isn't going to help you at all. Other than to spin even more. Do you have a drag radial on the car? Or plan to use a track oriented tire?

If you are on a drag tire already, you probably have other things to work on. Becuase a 2.0 isn't a good time on a drag tire.

Just don't get discouraged. It may take a couple times out to find out what the car likes/needs to get the most out of it. Keep testing and it will come around.

Rhamlinii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (Base)
With a 2.0 60' I assume you are spinning. If that is the case, then the converter isn't going to help you at all. Other than to spin even more. Do you have a drag radial on the car? Or plan to use a track oriented tire?

If you are on a drag tire already, you probably have other things to work on. Becuase a 2.0 isn't a good time on a drag tire.

Just don't get discouraged. It may take a couple times out to find out whae resrt the car likes/needs to get the most out of it. Keep testing and it will come around.
I daily drive my car. So I put 19inch All season radials on the car. On the rear, I put 275/40r19 Bridgestone Potenza all season radials on the rear. All times was ran on those tires, last week. The car does not spin at the track untill I shift for 2nd gear and then again to 3rd gear. I've done a best of 1.93 with the 19s. My tune may have its short comings on the bottem end. My car had never been dyno tuned. On the top end, its pretty dialed in, judging from trap speeds and picking up 25-27 mph on the big end. The Mod on this forums, said you can't dead hook a sorry ass 60' ft. I believe im just not putting enough tq down to get a better 60ft. On stock 235/50r18s. I've hit a 1.77 as the best 60ft. I'm just running it out the gate and looking at mph to judge power. 408 Rwhp got me 113.9 mph on 93 and now I'm at 114.9 mph on a hotter day and 130 degree IAT's from hot lapping the car. My goal is when it cools down in the fall and or winter, is to be deep in the 11s on a full slick N/A. I just need the equal or same MPH. Also with the new 4c stall, It will make me launch much harder then ever before.

Sponsored

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Oh you will launch harder. No doubt about that. That is if you can hook it. I will be amazed if you can get any decent 60' time on a standard radial. The car will hit the tire a lot harder now. So getting the car to hook will most likely be your next issue. So don't get discouraged if the 60' and ET suffer when you go out of those radials and converter.

Maybe something like a dedicated set of track wheels and drag radials might be worth the investment. Or an entry level drag radial, like the Nitto 555R, would be a good replacement for the Potenza tires you have now. With decent track prep, those should work well enough. I run the 315/35/20 NT05R and dead hook. I just wish they were not almost 29" tall with my 3.15 gear.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you have to pay labor to get them installed it makes it very hard to justify when looking at cost versus performance gained. Look under the curve as you probably get more gains there.

Due to the cost of headers for these cars you can see why many of the 2011-14 cars got the $200 cat delete pipes. Ford went and messed that all up by changing the design of the headers and exhaust for the 2015. Damn them! haha

Rhamlinii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (Base)
Oh you will launch harder. No doubt about that. That is if you can hook it. I will be amazed if you can get any decent 60' time on a standard radial. The car will hit the tire a lot harder now. So getting the car to hook will most likely be your next issue. So don't get discouraged if the 60' and ET suffer when you go out of those radials and converter.

Maybe something like a dedicated set of track wheels and drag radials might be worth the investment. Or an entry level drag radial, like the Nitto 555R, would be a good replacement for the Potenza tires you have now. With decent track prep, those should work well enough. I run the 315/35/20 NT05R and dead hook. I just wish they were not almost 29" tall with my 3.15 gear.
What's your 60ft time?

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What's your 60ft time?
Nothing spectacular. I was only out once with the car. Half my passes had issues. I couldn't figure out what mode to put the car in, trans would go into a limp mode sometimes, the advance track would engage even though I "turned it off" by holding the toggle for 6-8 seconds. I didn't have any of these issues with my 2011 GT 6M and AED drag tune. haha I'm not happy that Lund lends no information on how their tune was set up to run at the track with. Before or after my track outing.

So that day the best was a 1.63 60' and 11.75 @ 116. I think I have more in it once I get the launch RPM and technique down. But I really wish I went with at least 5c converter. If I keep the car I will probably swap a 5c or higher in it. Put a CJ on it and let it eat.
Sponsored