CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I'm getting my car striped soon. I'm considering gloss but was told it shows scratches very easily. Matte black blends into my magnetic color. The gloss pops much better. Any owners with gloss after market stripes with experience? I'm also considering a Big Worm kit and having a local guy do the install.
Sponsored

Dkar26

MaxPower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium
I have glossy blue stripes on the hood and glossy black on the mirror caps... with a layer of Gtechniq over them, which provides a little protection. Vinyl is indeed very soft and will show scratches and swirls over time, especially if you take it into automatic car washes. They can be carefully polished out tho.
47B83B2D-F0EA-46ED-A6D0-4308E222D97F.jpg
6A85C313-B56A-4BDC-9548-40305C56FD69.jpg

OP
OP
CEHollier

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I have glossy blue stripes on the hood and glossy black on the mirror caps... with a layer of Gtechniq over them, which provides a little protection. Vinyl is indeed very soft and will show scratches and swirls over time, especially if you take it into automatic car washes. They can be carefully polished out tho.
Thanks. I only hand wash and use a foamer. I have a magnetic 15 and am considering black or silver stripes. Big Worm has a sale so I'm trying to make up my mind for a kit. As far as maintaining them I ordered Adams VRT for the tires and stripes.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
If you are at all ocd about swirls I wouldn't do stripes. Just the act of removing polish residue re-scratches them and you can't polish a matte finish. The car looks better without them anyway imo.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I would go gloss. Matte stripes get chauky looking over time and it is almost impossible to get was cleaned off which makes white marks.

Sponsored

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6
Personally I think the matte would look extremely good on metallic but it's probably going to be a bitch to maintain.

OP
OP
CEHollier

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I would go gloss. Matte stripes get chauky looking over time and it is almost impossible to get was cleaned off which makes white marks.
Pretty much made my mind up on gloss. There are products to keep up stripes. My car spends most of it's time in a garage and is protected. I only hand wash and use quick spray wax every other wash. I should not have much problem keeping them up.
Sponsored