Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Ahh well... accidents happen:(

Went to Donington yesterday to watch World Superbikes:thumbsup: Parked up in the designated disabled parking area, and came back to find that the temporary fencing had been blown into the back of my car:doh:

No ones fault really, but high winds, and banners mounted on the fence, meant that the wind b,ew the fence forwards, and then it just sat there runbbing the back of the car....

All caught on new dash cam though:headbang:...so might ring the circuit and see if they're prepared to contribute towards fixing it.....but I suspect it'll be a case of Computer dpsays no, and you park at your own risk...:shrug::)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Bummer bet you was gutted
To be honest Mac, I wasn't to upset, it's just one of those things, and the damage isnt that bad... I've got plenty of vinyl stripe material left over, and a mate that can sort the paintwork...:)

I'd be more upset if someone had driven into it and driven off, or it was deliberate vandalism.... but a genuine accident is no ones fault....

Bit like a slate falling off a roof, and landing on the bonnet:)

The dash cam footage shows folk getting the fence away from the car, so at least they didn't just ignore it and allow more damage.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Bummer Andy.. pleased to see your positive attitude about it though. Was your GT the only car to suffer damage from said fence?

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Man, real bad luck, but as you say these things happen. If the circuit won't contribute then fix it and forget it. You created the car so who better to recreate it :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Bummer Andy.. pleased to see your positive attitude about it though. Was your GT the only car to suffer damage from said fence?
There was a BMW and a smart car parked up against the fence when I got there, and I think I heard a muffled comment on the dash cam that they'd got photos of those 2 cars as well, but they'd left when I got back to my car, but I'm thinking they may have suffered the same fate..

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Hi Andy, I have a pic of your car sent to me by a friend. You may want this as it shows where you were parked, view is from the front. Sorry to hear this though buddy. PM me with email if you need it. Cheers
Sent you a PM Rob:thumbsup:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Bummer. I don't think it's unreasonable to seek damages from the circuit. You parked where you were directed. The park at your own risk signs don't legally remove their duty of care to behave reasonably towards you. They, or their contractors, need to know they caused damage by erecting a fence or advertising board that wasn't fit for purpose, especially in a disabled area. They need to improve their systems. Different circumstances could have blown into a child, away onto the circuit, or hit a disabled person trying access their car.

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
I sort of agree Ben, and I'll ring them on Tues.....:) But if they're going to make life difficult and be a pain, I'll just get it sorted on my dime....

Or a get pit bull [mention]Manders[/mention] on the case:D

Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
I sort of agree Ben, and I'll ring them on Tues.....:) But if they're going to make life difficult and be a pain, I'll just get it sorted on my dime....

Or a get pit bull [mention]Manders[/mention] on the case:D
Such a shame hope you get it fixed soon

Is it possible to go through your insurance as a non-fault claim? If nothing else they might be able to give you some free advice.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(

Is it possible to go through your insurance as a non-fault claim? If nothing else they might be able to give you some free advice.
If you speak to them about it they will class it as a claim as your supposed to declare all accidents.

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)

I can get it fixed for less than my excess:)

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
I can get it fixed for less than my excess:)
It's a non-fault claim. The last one I had (which was a while ago) the insurer waived the excess. Is that not the case :shrug:

Anyway hope you get it fixed soon...

Says this on confused.com "If you make a claim that was deemed to be someone else’s fault, your insurer might decide to pay your claim in full and waive your excess."

https://www.confused.com/motor-insurance/get-covered/the-excess-factor-car-insurance-voluntary-excess-explained

Last edited: