Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Anyone know how to disable fog lights? Wondering if it is even possible, I know other FORD makes allow adding fogs physically & using FORscan so there must be a way to do the same on our cars.

Looking for not just the dash indicator being off but also not throwing up error codes because the switch & fog light bezels have been removed / replaced.

Thanks! :cheers:
Your best bet would be to look at a V6 as-built data.

The 6s didn't have fog lights.
Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Your best bet would be to look at a V6 as-built data.

The 6s didn't have fog lights.
That be the easy part...my thing is where the values are located, IPC or BCM...

EDIT: I was able to turn off the dash indicator. Also changed values for 726-45-02 (using code from a 15 V6 w/o fogs) but fogs still work. Will try a non-fog light switch and disconnect bulbs, see if that does the trick.

Last edited:

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
You should be fine with a non-fog light switch. I guess then there is no need to disable the fog lights in configuration too And you can leave the bulbs connected.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
You should be fine with a non-fog light switch. I guess then there is no need to disable the fog lights in configuration too And you can leave the bulbs connected.
Yah the non-fog switch is plug-n-play; when I first deleted my fogs about 8 months ago, the dash light was always on and I had DTCs using FORscan. Someone also suggested I leave the bulbs on (from what I've been told, quite common practice in the BMW world) but my OCD won over and I re-installed the fogs. Tonight I just deleted my fogs again and looks like I have no DTCs showing up on FORscan. I'll know more for sure when the entire back end of my car is put back together.

Horde5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
The Warchief
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
perhaps

I found some info about removing the sirius radio option from the list, so I'm assuming the list could be SOMEWHAT controlled. I would LOVE to change the order.

as seen in F150 sheet...

07D0-01-01 *xxx xxxx xxxx
remove sirius from audio sources. decrement the value at '*' by 2 (if you have an 'A', make it an '8', if you have a '2', make it a '0'.

still haven't tried it.
I successfully removed Sirius from my MFT using this setting. The button is gone, as if it was never there. The subscription warning is gone from the information screen too. I haven't seen any ill effects. I'm pretty happy about this since I can now jump through all the different sources without it trying to contact Sirius.

Mine is MFT, with no nav, and no HD.

Sponsored

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
I know this might have been asked (forgive me for not reading all 134 pages lol) and just keep the flaming to a minimum here but is there anyway to allow a remote start system on the manuals? obviously something is disabled on the manual transmission models that the automatics allow.
Personally i park in neutral 99% of the time so its not much of a safety concern for me.

EDIT: just saw its on the list of things not possible. can someone give me a brief explanation? For god's sake i just want to remote start my car. Even big companies famous for bypassing these things like Viper and Avatal don't have a starter out yet.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I know this might have been asked (forgive me for not reading all 134 pages lol) and just keep the flaming to a minimum here but is there anyway to allow a remote start system on the manuals? obviously something is disabled on the manual transmission models that the automatics allow.
Personally i park in neutral 99% of the time so its not much of a safety concern for me.

EDIT: just saw its on the list of things not possible. can someone give me a brief explanation? For god's sake i just want to remote start my car. Even big companies famous for bypassing these things like Viper and Avatal don't have a starter out yet.
I've been trying to figure this one out as well. The vehicle should have all of the hardware in place and it's a matter of coding.

You would have to allow the clutch switch to be ignored only if these steps happened in this order:

1) the vehicle was idling at 0 mph
2) the parking brake was engaged
3) the driver door was opened and closed
4) the doors were locked
5) the vehicle is still idling
6) the vehicle was shut off using the fob
-nothing else can happen between 6 & 7-
7) the vehicle is started by using the fob

Obviously this would never work on a convertible, and one common event that cannot happen is the trunk opening while remote start is armed.

There also might not be a way to detect lowered windows (which would have to be up to arm the system)

Finally, the biggest thing on the order of operations list is that the parking brake is set. The starter shouldn't have enough torque to turn the engine over in gear while the brakes are set.

If you didn't set the parking brake you are either A) in gear or B) rolling away somewhere.

Twisted83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Mustang, 2016 Ecoboost Explorer
Hey all,

Quick thinking here, I know on manual EB's certain AP's can do line lock but not on automatics. With that said, has anyone tried it with a manual?

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Hi guys not sure if this has been covered but is it possible to program auto locking doors based on speed? I'm surprised they haven't added this as most cars do have it.

I've seen that the auto folding mirrors has been mentioned but has anyone been able to figure this out?

Cheers

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
What year/trim level has power folding mirrors? My 17 GT Premium has heated mirrors, but not power fold. The hardware needs to be there to support any software upgrades.

Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
You guys get all the cool stuff. ;) I would rather have power folding mirrors than heated mirrors any day. I never use the heat feature; where I live it rarely drops below 32F/0C.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Hi guys not sure if this has been covered but is it possible to program auto locking doors based on speed? I'm surprised they haven't added this as most cars do have it.

I've seen that the auto folding mirrors has been mentioned but has anyone been able to figure this out?

Cheers
I think this is what you are looking for.

Lock doors on motion

BCM:

Enable: 726-15-01 0101 0101 01

Disable: 726-15-01 0202 0202 02

I have enabled this and I think doors lock when the car reaches 20 kph.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
You guys get all the cool stuff. ;) I would rather have power folding mirrors than heated mirrors any day. I never use the heat feature; where I live it rarely drops below 32F/0C.
You would be surprised by how many features export mustangs are lacking.. the only thing we have that US doesn't have are power folding mirrors :D
Moreover I never use them.. they make the projected pony going on side and get weird :headbonk: obviously those two features were not designed together.

RoushStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium