Sponsored

Speed Cameras

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
It would be slick if there was a good integration of Waze, but doubt that's out ere yet. With Apple Car Play that might get closer. Wonder if Waze is an app we could download for Sync3?
I just re-downloaded and remembered why I ditched it in the first place...app tracks your phone 24/7 and requires your consent to do whatever they want with the information. Im sure every cop in the world has the app anyway to see when their setups get reported...not sure how useful it really would be.
Sponsored

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I feel you stretching intentions of those words. The implied meaning is the
' Just law of the land '. rules that majority feel benefit or protect the public. So did the public decide on traffic camera, I guess if people voted for it your correct.
I wasn't talking about the cameras, I was referring to the speeding itself... something I do all the time to various degrees.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I just re-downloaded and remembered why I ditched it in the first place...app tracks your phone 24/7 and requires your consent to do whatever they want with the information. Im sure every cop in the world has the app anyway to see when their setups get reported...not sure how useful it really would be.
With iPhone you can control when the app has access to your location. The reason they put the clause in to do "anything" with that data is because they share your location with everyone else on waze local to you while you're running it and they use data about your movement to make calculations and route (or re-route) people headed along a similar route (i.e. If you're on the highway doing 30mph along with a couple others using the app it will find alternate routes for others not yet to your position).

I don't have a radar detector, but I use waze religiously (see what I did there? :clap2:). It works well with Apple play. You can't see the readout but the audio integrates fine. If someone has reported a speed camera it will likely stay reported as long as at least a couple people confirm the notification every couple of hours.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Or take responsibility for your actions and own up to it...pay the fine if you were speeding.
Yeah and I bet you in your RS3 always travel 5mph below the speed limit don't ya? If only we could all be like you :rolleyes: :lol:

If I get caught that is all well and good, by a human cop that is. Don't have speed cameras where I live anyhow so don't have to worry about it lol

Sponsored

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Yeah and I bet you in your RS3 always travel 5mph below the speed limit don't ya? If only we could all be like you :rolleyes: :lol:

If I get caught that is all well and good, by a human cop that is. Don't have speed cameras where I live anyhow so don't have to worry about it lol
Thank you. Yes, I do take responsibility for my actions. If I'm caught speeding I don't blame others or have excuses...I pay the fine.

I'm in a similar situation...no speeding cameras in my area as well.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Thank you. Yes, I do take responsibility for my actions. If I'm caught speeding I don't blame others or have excuses...I pay the fine.

I'm in a similar situation...no speeding cameras in my area as well.
Go back and read the post I made there buddy, no excuses made or blame laid. Merely pointed out that it was well within an individual's rights to refuse to pay. :headbonk:

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I agree with speed cameras. Would rather our cops be able to spend their time doing more important police work than hiding in defilade waiting to catch single speeders and be taken out of action for 30 minutes at a time. Many of the cameras in Europe are set to see the front license plate (required to have one) and the full face of the driver. If you can prove it's not you (i.e., view is obstructed), you can get out of it...maybe. Chances of ever talking to a cop about speeding are nil.

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Go back and read the post I made there buddy, no excuses made or blame laid. Merely pointed out that it was well within an individual's rights to refuse to pay. :headbonk:
I never said you blamed others...I was just stating my actions. I apologize if I was not clear and my message was received incorrectly.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I never said you blamed others...I was just stating my actions. I apologize if I was not clear and my message was received incorrectly.
No worries my friend! I do think the whole speed camera thing is largely just a revenue generator though. Just very glad that nothing of the sort has been implemented where I live... Considering our streets were literally designed as if drawn by a child in the Paint program, might not even be possible LOL :D

I've only gotten 1 speeding ticket in my life, and at the time I knew I was doing between 5-10kph over the limit as I had my cruise control set... lol cop pulled me over and told me I was doing at least 40kph over... all she heard was the loud exhaust (WRX) and assumed I was flying... told me she would cut me a break and give me a 1-10 over ticket. I knew she didn't have me on radar and I likely could have fought it and won, but I didn't bother and paid as I knew that I was actually speeding a little bit :thumbsup:

Sponsored

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
With iPhone you can control when the app has access to your location. The reason they put the clause in to do "anything" with that data is because they share your location with everyone else on waze local to you while you're running it and they use data about your movement to make calculations and route (or re-route) people headed along a similar route (i.e. If you're on the highway doing 30mph along with a couple others using the app it will find alternate routes for others not yet to your position).

I don't have a radar detector, but I use waze religiously (see what I did there? :clap2:). It works well with Apple play. You can't see the readout but the audio integrates fine. If someone has reported a speed camera it will likely stay reported as long as at least a couple people confirm the notification every couple of hours.

Thanks Cinci...I'm familiar with how the app works...it is cool that is warns you about cameras. Actually I was only using it as a makeshift spedometer while driving my 70' Skylark and I caught it running in the background on multiple occasions when I was not even using the app. It did not have permission (almost nothing does in my settings...esp anything by Google). Was enough to break my trust in the product.

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
Thanks Cinci...I'm familiar with how the app works...it is cool that is warns you about cameras. Actually I was only using it as a makeshift spedometer while driving my 70' Skylark and I caught it running in the background on multiple occasions when I was not even using the app. It did not have permission (almost nothing does in my settings...esp anything by Google). Was enough to break my trust in the product.
^ This!!!! If you think Google isn't mining your information I want some of what your smoking. My beef is they want access to my contact lists and I believe they are private.

Peter

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
^ This!!!! If you think Google isn't mining your information I want some of what your smoking. My beef is they want access to my contact lists and I believe they are private.

Peter
If you have a smart phone your movements are being recorded and used by big corp./data anyway. It's just personal preference as to what level of license you're willing to allow without these companies doing it without your knowledge.

Personally I don't care that google knows my travel patterns. I get their services for free and leverage them for my personal gain. They analyze my data and use that for theirs. This is the new reality and if the choice is made to embrace modern tech, you're only kidding yourself if you think selecting an option in a menu is actually providing real privacy.

For example - right now I'm posting this from a smart phone. Verizon knows where I am, the ISP of the internet connection I'm using (on wifi) knows where I am, the type of device, browser and possibly device ID and the
hosting service for this site has some or all of that data also. It's possible to jump through proxies etc to mitigate some of this exposure but most don't.

My point being - we generally give this information away already. At least google is providing a relevant service back to us for the data.

That said - hell no to sharing contact lists.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase

l'Ingegnere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Just don't pay it, don't even bother with court/whatever else has been mentioned. The state can't prove you even received the letter...
Sponsored