Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Magnetic.....at last!

Slightly concerned this is another Euro-spec without the DRL gills lit :(

Anyway, other than that.... :cool:

Good find. However, similar to other Euro spec car, the DRL gills look to be off when the main lights are on
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I took a few minutes in photoshop to change the facelift a bit. Hood lines, deeper sitting upper grille and getting rid of the triangles make it look so much better imho. :ninja:

@Twin Tubro: Take a close look at the convoy video one page ago, there are clearly EU spec Mustangs with Tribar DRL among them - Also don't forget that the NCAP EU car had tribar DRL
facelift_acecustom_comp.jpg

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
the DRL gills look to be off when the main lights are on
That is actually mandatory. You're not allowed to run DRLs and regular lights at the same time, at least not in The Netherlands.

I'm not even 1% worried about the tribar DRLs. The rep in the video clearly explained how they explicitly redesigned the position of the tribars in the new headlight to conform with export regulations and be able to offer the same signature look.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That is actually mandatory. You're not allowed to run DRLs and regular lights at the same time, at least not in The Netherlands.

That's interesting.....and not something that applies in the UK. Thank for the info :)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I took a few minutes in photoshop to change the facelift a bit. Hood lines, deeper sitting upper grille and getting rid of the triangles make it look so much better imho. :ninja:

attachment.jpg

Good work, Ace. I like 'em both. I certainly can't wait to see what the aftermarket......in particular Roush & Steeda come up with. Not to mention whatever Ford Performance does with the Halo-Stang :thumbsup:

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
They can if they are dimmed enough I think.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
They can if they are dimmed enough I think.
Yeah that's true, if they have a dual function as parking lights. Many Europan cars have these combined led units nowadays. And it's actually how my tribars work too. Parking, DRL and blinkers all in one.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Yeah that's true, if they have a dual function as parking lights. Many Europan cars have these combined led units nowadays. And it's actually how my tribars work too. Parking, DRL and blinkers all in one.
Right, and the EU facelift will have the parking light in the bar under the headlights - so if headlights are on, the tribars are not :)

Sponsored

BlackonBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Grabber Blue, Black Accents
Just purchased a 2017 GT last week and I'm a little sad that the 18 is so close. But I'm happy with the grabber blue color and don't see it on the 2018 lineup so there's a plus for me. It's not like I drive by 2014s and think they're slow compared to me. A few % wont make much difference on the highways.

Gibbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Monaro CV8 '05 , Mustang GT 18 on order.

@Twin Tubro: Take a close look at the convoy video one page ago, there are clearly EU spec Mustangs with Tribar DRL among them - Also don't forget that the NCAP EU car had tribar DRL
Now that's what it should look like, the current 15-17 theme evolved. Please advise where I can order this updated front end! Shut up and take my money! :clap2:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

That is quite significantly better. :thumbsup: The hood lines look much better too, without that jog to the beltline. Much better. The '15-17 has a smooth line all the way from the grille rearward. What about with a 15-17 shaped headlight?

I also miss the buldges in the hood. That's one of my favorite things: looking out and seeing those. You know you're in something special.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
As we see Ford offering the 72 month 0% on 2017s at this time this year. Will that offer be made on the 2018s in the second half of the year as the 19 rolls out?

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

I really like what you did with the bumper, very nice.

Edit; not certain why the photo does not show up on my post, hmmm
Sponsored