Sponsored

XForce Headers

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I've done the full XForce headerback & varex system with CAI and a tune. I love it - the sound it makes incredible when its fully open and really quite reasonably quiet when closed.

Oh and BTW with the tune i got a 25% increase in power. the car absolutely rips now :cheers::ford:
Looking at the full xForce system myself. Sounds great on Utube. But would love to hear it live. Who fitted yours and did the tune? Also, did you run exhaust without tune first and did engine light come on? cheers:cheers:
Sponsored

OzStangFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Vert;01 Black Cobra Vert;89 GT Vert
Hi Mick

My was fitted by Auto Xcess in Coburg (ask for Costa) and my tune was done by AutoTechnique in Knoxfield (ask for Sam). Both did a great job.

Yes - my engine light did come on (albeit not right away) - no problems since the tune.

Cheers

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Hi Mick

My was fitted by Auto Xcess in Coburg (ask for Costa) and my tune was done by AutoTechnique in Knoxfield (ask for Sam). Both did a great job.

Yes - my engine light did come on (albeit not right away) - no problems since the tune.

Cheers
Thanks a lot for that. How was the performance after exhaust only and was that with CAI? So, how much difference, once the tune was added? Also, is there a noticeable reduction in performance, in quiet mode and is quiet mode much quieter, as shown on Utube? Sorry for all the questions. :ninja: lol

OzStangFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Vert;01 Black Cobra Vert;89 GT Vert
Hi Mick - had the exhaust & CAI done at the same time so can't compare the impact of each individually.

I was advised not to push the car until the tune was done so can't really compare before and after tune but I do think that maybe 70% of the improvement came from adding the hardware with the rest coming from the tune.

There is no impact to performance based on the mode the exhaust is in - only the sound changes. There is a significant difference between fully open and fully closed and when closed and just cruising around you barely notice it (louder than stock but not by too much I don't think).

Bottom line is I love the way the car sounds and performs now - its how it should have come from the factory.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Hi Mick - had the exhaust & CAI done at the same time so can't compare the impact of each individually.

I was advised not to push the car until the tune was done so can't really compare before and after tune but I do think that maybe 70% of the improvement came from adding the hardware with the rest coming from the tune.

There is no impact to performance based on the mode the exhaust is in - only the sound changes. There is a significant difference between fully open and fully closed and when closed and just cruising around you barely notice it (louder than stock but not by too much I don't think).

Bottom line is I love the way the car sounds and performs now - its how it should have come from the factory.
What your saying, sounds very realistic. From what i can gather, the single biggest improvement (also most expensive with fitting cost) is the headers. Factory headers are super restrictive. RHD in particular. We lose 30hp or so, from US car, due to our restrictive headers. Doing "just"a cat back, is more for sound than performance gain.You still have all that restriction before the cat back. Of course, High flow cats play their role as well. Enjoy!:D

Sponsored

KS50GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Coupe

ShadowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey guys, rather than starting a new thread I thought I'd give this a shot--but I contacted the XForceUSA guys and was told they don't make a cat delete pipes for the headerback system, wondering if maybe it's an option in the land down under? I'd give them a call but I'm not entire sure how calling Australia works haha.

Also just to add to the thread I installed mine myself (PITA) and ran it without a tune for a few days--just adding the headers you can feel the difference in power, then with the tune it's just harmonious, more responsive and gives it more pep. I also ran it without a front O2 sensor on the passenger side for a day because my O2 extensions hadn't arrived yet. CEL from that but cleared with the tune and extension hooked up.

With the valves fully closed it honestly isn't much louder than stock which really surprised me, but when the valve is fully opened it's nice and meaty. I'll probably end up getting the bluetooth module just for ease since looking for my keyfob can be annoying sometimes--that and if I'm able to jailbreak my iPhone I'd be able to control the exhaust from the Sync 3 system ;)

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Hey guys, rather than starting a new thread I thought I'd give this a shot--but I contacted the XForceUSA guys and was told they don't make a cat delete pipes for the headerback system, wondering if maybe it's an option in the land down under? I'd give them a call but I'm not entire sure how calling Australia works haha.

Also just to add to the thread I installed mine myself (PITA) and ran it without a tune for a few days--just adding the headers you can feel the difference in power, then with the tune it's just harmonious, more responsive and gives it more pep. I also ran it without a front O2 sensor on the passenger side for a day because my O2 extensions hadn't arrived yet. CEL from that but cleared with the tune and extension hooked up.

With the valves fully closed it honestly isn't much louder than stock which really surprised me, but when the valve is fully opened it's nice and meaty. I'll probably end up getting the bluetooth module just for ease since looking for my keyfob can be annoying sometimes--that and if I'm able to jailbreak my iPhone I'd be able to control the exhaust from the Sync 3 system ;)
Viva italia! What's it like driving a Pony in Italy? I guess, a bit rare/special over there, compared to AUS? cheers.

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"

Hey Mac.
To answer your question I contacted XForce here in OZ about that system a while ago and am pretty sure they don't have cat delete option same as USA.
Seeing as you did your own install can I ask how long it took..... I am looking at the same system and also which tune did you go with? :cheers:

ShadowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Viva italia! What's it like driving a Pony in Italy? I guess, a bit rare/special over there, compared to AUS? cheers.
I'm actually American, and haven't had the pleasure of visiting Australia yet, but driving a stang over here is something special for sure--turns heads like you're driving a Lambo or Ferrari!

Sponsored

ShadowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey Mac.
To answer your question I contacted XForce here in OZ about that system a while ago and am pretty sure they don't have cat delete option same as USA.
Seeing as you did your own install can I ask how long it took..... I am looking at the same system and also which tune did you go with? :cheers:
Balls, I'll have to figure it out then haha. It took me 6 days... but I'm not an expert as you can probably figure from the timeline and it's a fairly straightforward install it's just SUPER tight and the shop I was working at was only open from 0830 to 1730, otherwise I'd have been working on it all night.

I went with a 93 octane tune from Torrie at Unleashed Tuning, good guy and he responds very promptly, also purchased my X4 from him. Just gotta see if your gas is RON or RON+MON/2 to see the octane since the states use the latter and at least here in Europe it's the former.

ShadowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey guys just for some shits and giggs information, with the header back system and the valves CLOSED, at 9 ft away at 3.5-4k RPMs the dB rating was 83.2. According to a person.. stock at 6 ft away at 4k RPMs is 87 dB.

Valves open is a whole different story and I don't have a rating for that, at least yet.

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys just for some shits and giggs information, with the header back system and the valves CLOSED, at 9 ft away at 3.5-4k RPMs the dB rating was 83.2. According to a person.. stock at 6 ft away at 4k RPMs is 87 dB.

Valves open is a whole different story and I don't have a rating for that, at least yet.
I'd be interested in knowing what the dB rating is of the valve open....! It's pretty freakin' loud!
Sponsored