Sponsored

Shop manual subscription

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
When I had my 2015 GT PP I had a monthly subscription to helminc for about $22/mo for my vin specific shop manuals. Now that I have another 15 GT vert all they seem to have is super expensive all vehicle model stuff. Is there anyplace that sells monthly subscription service anymore? I searched for this in the forum and only came up with resurrected threads from 2015/16 about a Romanian guy who sells copies r something. Not looking for bootleg unless that's all there is.

Any help?

Thanks!
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
You can find anything you need just about online in pdf form for free. It might not be a whole manual, but you should be able to find anything specifically you will need as you need it.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
So you can't just buy the book for these things anymore?

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
No idea. I am sure you can, if you just like to spend money.

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
When I had my 2015 GT PP I had a monthly subscription to helminc for about $22/mo for my vin specific shop manuals. Now that I have another 15 GT vert all they seem to have is super expensive all vehicle model stuff.
I looked on their web site and found a single model year CD for either $119 or $199 I can't remember which. I just looked it up using their search function.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
No idea. I am sure you can, if you just like to spend money.
I am just old school. I like to have an old greasy book in the garage. But not for $200!

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
There is no book available from Helm. Only a CD, which works well IF you have an older PC running Windows 7 or earlier. If you have a Mac, forget it. I have Windows 10 on my Mac and could not get it to work with the CD. Ended up buying a refurbished PC laptop running Windows 7. Sigh..... A paper book would be so nice.......

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
There is no book available from Helm. Only a CD, which works well IF you have an older PC running Windows 7 or earlier. If you have a Mac, forget it. I have Windows 10 on my Mac and could not get it to work with the CD. Ended up buying a refurbished PC laptop running Windows 7. Sigh..... A paper book would be so nice.......
Mine works fine on two different Windows 10 computers.

However, after initial install and then after each MAJOR Win 10 upgrade you need to reinstall an old version of Adobe SVG viewer. Call Helm and someone from Ford will call you back.

The file is on the CD under tools, adobe, winnt and then run SVGview.exe

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Thanks all - I got the $21 3 day subscription and am painstakingly saving each PDF for later - not a perfect solution but the only one I think makes sense at my price point!

Sponsored

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
looks like the site is shut down (not surprising), but I purchased the factory ford service manual from factory-manuals.com for $70. Totally worth it. Maybe there is a similar way to obtain elsewhere.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Mine works fine on two different Windows 10 computers.

However, after initial install and then after each MAJOR Win 10 upgrade you need to reinstall an old version of Adobe SVG viewer. Call Helm and someone from Ford will call you back.

The file is on the CD under tools, adobe, winnt and then run SVGview.exe
Helm/Ford doesn't have a clue. They keep thinking SVG. I've got two Win10 machines one works fine the pro tablet won't load images in the wiring zection. Its the graphics card. Ford still thinks everybody is still running NT they got two people who on this and no real test lab. You tell how old it is buy the install program graphic.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I got the full service manual for my car from https://www.factory-manuals.com/

I believe it was $50-60. Only problem is its a giant PDF and very hard to navigate to find what you're looking for.

I believe AllData offers personal subscriptions for semi-cheap.
Sponsored