Sponsored

GT350 LE...you don't see this every day!

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Grill

I love the way JW kept the pony in the corral but lost the spear in the grille . Well done.
Well Ric, the intention was to use the whole 50th Grill in place of the 350's. It became quite apparent that wouldn't work when all the 350 parts arrived. The Pony and Coral don't have the 50th Grill mount. They are glued on. I have clear fishing line (a Bridle for the Pony?) as Safety Wire to make sure the Liquid Nails would be enough. Insurance, I guess. Can't afford to buy a whole new 50th Grill just for the Bright Work.

The 350 Fangs precluded using the Spears. Didn't want to cut them up. The 50th Grill is just too big for the 350 Grill opening and the Built-in vertical Supports for the Fangs are too far forward to mount the 50th Grill in front. I was thinking of cutting them out, but they are structural and the Foam Support mounts to them as well.

Was also going to have some Fog Light Mesh made with 3D Printing, but didn't have the time or funds to do an adequate job, what with all the 3D Scanning and CAD blending and Printing. I do like the way the 350 front remains rather stock and the Fog Lights make a Stealth appearance when turned on.

What the original intent was going to be, if it had worked out. A big Grill, reminiscent of the 2018. This was done about 2 years ago.

Also experimented with some more items to enhance the Luxury Appearance.
IMG_7082.jpg
IMG_7083.jpg
IMG_7084.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Final?

The car as it presently Exists. (Except for the ACC Windshield which is future and the 350 Duct Plates, which are no longer available)
IMG_6686.jpg

Duct Plates are now available and have been obtained, but will probably not install them.

Last edited:

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
I love it. Kudos to you for a job very well done.

I can't help but wonder how it would look with a set of Alcoa 20" wheels on it though...
50YLE 005.jpg

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
The car as it presently Exists. (Except for the ACC Windshield which is future and the 350 Duct Plates, which are no longer available)
What's "Phase 2" of this going to be? I'm curious :)

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Phase 2

What's "Phase 2" of this going to be? I'm curious :)
Phase 2 will mostly consist of Exhaust and Rear Valence. All GT350 Parts.

This was changed to the Intake Manifold and Throttle Body.

Couldn’t do the Rear Valence until the Exhaust was removed. Couldn’t do the exhaust until the headers are removed. Couldn’t remove the headers because the stud nuts are frozen and there is little room to get a wrench in there with any torque on it. That will now probably be Phase 3.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Phase 2 will mostly consist of Exhaust and Rear Valence. All GT350 Parts.
Under body parts as well.

Exhaust...including the dash Loud/quiet mode button???

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Phase 2

Under body parts as well.

Exhaust...including the dash Loud/quiet mode button???
Everything underneath will be GT350. Probably go with Roush Control. Will upgrade to Built-in Active Exhaust and Magneride Software next year when the 18s are more prevalent. Right now it will require too much effort to integrate 350 software into the GT. Need to get the Reverse Sensors working first, then the digital Speed to work with the Information Display. Not going the route of the 350 Dedicated buttons, like some others are. I prefer the buttons from the GT as they are and will go with the 18 Steering wheel and software controls. Although my car looks like a 350 and has or will have most of its parts, it is still intended to be a luxury version. Performance options are just there to enhance the higher end aspects of the Grandé concept.

Looks and Appearance are the Priority with Operational Aspects next, followed by Performance. I would prefer high mileage over quicker 0-60 times, but the 350 upgrades will probably decrease my average MPG.

Is this a GT350? No, but . . . . !

Is this a 50th LE? Yes, but . . . . !

Just call it a Grandé.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
JWS,

Excellent and tasteful revisions you have completed to date with your LE 50th!! Your detail to the work you have completed to date is superb and definitely helps other members on this site with same or similar thoughts (or dreams) of modifying their own Mustang to their own liking, regardless of model type.

Question:
Who did the artist renderings of your vehicle, the ones you have posted? It's neat to not only see the actual pics of your Mustang, but also the matching renderings of your vision.

Best of luck with your LE50 and please do continue to post your Phases, as I have enjoyed your responses and the very detailed tech about your upgrades. The fuse box tech alone was interesting, as who would have thought about variances in the fuse boxes or locations!

Take care!

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Phil!

Renderings are from the Ford Build Site. I've combined different versions and views and then edited them in an old version of Microsoft Paint. Each view combines about 3 or 4 different versions, using the Pony Package, The Performance Package, the Appearance Package, the GT350 and some interiors and windshields from the Performance Package and the Adaptive Cruise Control. Then added the Badges and Rear Quarter Louvered Windows and Dash Guages in Paint. Had to use the thin Appearance Package Wheels with the Performance Package Tires to emulate the LE Wheels. Moved them out using the 350 view to support the wider Fenders. However, the Fender clearance is what is actually on the car now. The Pony Package supplied the LE's Chrome Window Trim. Used the Black version of the Rear Valence with Reverse Sensors from the white one. Will update that to the 350 Valence when I do the Exhaust. GT Badge on the Grill came from a Photo on the Internet. Pony and Coral came from the Appearance Package. Not showing the Fog Lights, because you can barely see them behind the mesh, unless they're on. Used the 5.0 on the 350 Fenders, because that was what I was originally going to do. The '69 Grandé Badges fit the GT350 holes Perfectly. Just haven't had a chance to update the renderings. So many of them, I can sometimes forget which one was the last. Also go back and forth with versions, adding and deleting things. The Black Roof is still a question. May save that for last. Will probably happen when the Front and Rear Windshields come out. The Front to exchange for the one with the Adaptive Cruise/Rain Sensing Wipers/Brake/Lane Assist. The Rear will come out to Shim the Left Side Upper Window Drop most of the early Production Cars have.

Last edited:

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Very interesting build. Looking forward to the end result.

Reactions: JWS

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Pretty sad to see what somebody did to such a nice car...
He made it nicer!! yours would look better Black!!

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Saved this page, been in contact with both JWS and Bagnasty15.
I would really like to attempt this, but it's beyond my skill level. Asked the shop that did my GT350 rear valance about this project, and they were definitely on board. But finding part numbers for everything is so confusing.
Even when I do get all the part numbers, relocating my ACC radar sensor and still having it work is another thing. I searched a long time to find an ACC car.

Reactions: JWS

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Saved this page, been in contact with both JWS and Bagnasty15.
I would really like to attempt this, but it's beyond my skill level. Asked the shop that did my GT350 rear valance about this project, and they were definitely on board. But finding part numbers for everything is so confusing.
Even when I do get all the part numbers, relocating my ACC radar sensor and still having it work is another thing. I searched a long time to find an ACC car.
If you decide to do this let me know. I have a Hood, and fenders I'll be looking to unload soon.

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Thanks, I'll PM you.
Sponsored