Sponsored

UPR Catch Can Owners share your installs here.

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
my car is my daily. I drive in a very spirited manner and after 3000 miles my tank was only about 20% full. My driver side isn't connected to the tank. It is set up as a collecter, and is suppose to condense and fall back in.
Sponsored

CompStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange GT
@CompStang just look at the pic, that came from me just trying to put it where I was told it goes and that happened. Would have been nice to know about unclipping the wire harness that is below for clearance...did not find out about being able to move until after I had already tried. It will work as I don't think you can see hardly any body of the can since it sits between the radiator and washer fluid spout.

Yeah i didnt know about the clip you are refering to either. I was talking about the wire by washer fluid. Clip that off the rest is a breeze except the wiring underneath which is yeah a bit of a pain lol.

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A
Tell me how i did talking about your product. Love your catch cans! :cheers:

[ame]

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
Install video to come! Thanks Joe!!
IMG_1578.jpg

Sponsored

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
Ok ladies and gentlemen, I received my 5030-98 catch can system from UPR. Here is the install video, at the end i give the details on the subscriber give away :headbang: i'm doing on the 5028 can I currently have. Enjoy! :cheers:

[ame]

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Question for the guys at upr,i just bought the procharger catch can,and see their is some additional plugs.Can i run a breather filter right off the catch can,i would really like to have a vented catch can to help with crankcase pressure.

OP
OP
UPRjoe

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
UPR Correct Oil Control and Crankcase Ventilation.

Question for the guys at upr,i just bought the procharger catch can,and see their is some additional plugs.Can i run a breather filter right off the catch can,i would really like to have a vented catch can to help with crankcase pressure.
The UPR ProCharger Catch Can setup already works like a breather system and still maintains a small amount of vacuum. There is no benefit to running it with a breather filter. If you would like to have an additional way to release additional crankcase pressure correctly I would recommend the UPR One-Way Breather Filter that gets installed at the oil filler cap.

That will give you a much stronger source to release crankcase pressure and still maintain the same vacuum level that the ProCharger system was designed to run and gives you the very best of both world without compromising any performance benefits from the vacuum and UPR ProCharger Catch Can System.

Feel free to PM me anytime for additional info or offers.

Joe @ UPR

Korupt3d_5.0

Speed Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT pp
I followed everything you said Joe...this does not fit a 17 on the passenger side. The tank is too big and the piping is crazy long. No where did I see this is for one side or the other and everything led me to believe (mounting location for one) that this is passenger side. I now have scrapes on the tank and can't use it due to the lack of fit and hosing being too long. The can is too long as well as it butts up against a couple wire harnesses. I'm really ticked off about this...not plug n play, doesn't fit, damage to breather in shipping. Sorry to put this out here and maybe I'm a dumba$$ but this isn't right to me.
Can placed passenger side next washer fluid spout and radiator (red circle)
2wp8heq.jpg

Hoses too long...it goes past where it supposed to connect on valve cover and intake hose goes all the way around? That doesn't seem right...supposed to be plug n play? (Follow red lines)
2z7icki.jpg

Scrapes on can now
10p4jls.jpg

Sorry I know this was an old thread but this was the only thread I found the info I needed in. What did you end up doing with the open holes left in the manifold and intake tube? I bought this same catch can breather which I now realize I should have got the 5030-98-1 catch can instead of this 5029-211 catch can/breather. But I think even later in the build this will be a great can to have. So id like to make it work. should I just plug the holes? put a breather on them? Any help is appreciated, Thanks also maybe @UPRjoe can chime in.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
IIRC they sent me another hose...I reached out to Joe and they took care of me. I'll look after work but I'm fairly sure I don't have a real long hose coming off the can...will let you know.
EDIT: Confirmed, I just looked and I have shorter hoses than in the pic...sorry, it had been a while and I forgot how it was done. But, yes, reach out to them...I made the stupid mistake of coming here and spouting off, which I normally don't do, but Joe and crew hooked it up and all is well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Sorry I know this was an old thread but this was the only thread I found the info I needed in. What did you end up doing with the open holes left in the manifold and intake tube? I bought this same catch can breather which I now realize I should have got the 5030-98-1 catch can instead of this 5029-211 catch can/breather. But I think even later in the build this will be a great can to have. So id like to make it work. should I just plug the holes? put a breather on them? Any help is appreciated, Thanks also maybe @UPRjoe can chime in.

The breather kit does not connect like that. A breather is just that, a breather. Both valve covers will tie into eachother and vent it. You will cap the manifold off using a 5/8 cap. The intake tube will be capped off as well.

I have attached photoes on how it connects. View attachment 308524
15-17-mustang-gt-5-0-billet-breather-tank-plug-n-play-12.png.jpg
15-17-mustang-gt-5-0-billet-breather-tank-plug-n-play-9.png.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
He may have been mistaken like I was but when I bought it, there was nothing said it's for supercharged vehicles (not bought from your site). I wanted it because of the size of it; I was thinking it's huge so I won't have to check to see if its full hardly ever.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 TY
Subscribing. Did a quick run through and didn't see a GT350 specifically but, maybe not a big deal. What about pics of the options for the catch can? trying to figure out how to configure.

OP
OP
UPRjoe

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Subscribing. Did a quick run through and didn't see a GT350 specifically but, maybe not a big deal. What about pics of the options for the catch can? trying to figure out how to configure.
I would just get the 5030-156-1-CSS black setup with an o-ring kit and the pro-series check valve and all the other options are not needed.

The only other option many GT and GT350 users get is the UPR Billet One-Way Breather to let the engine release all the
positive crankcase pressure faster and lower internal engine temps. PM me a picture of your oil cap and the width across
the base of it. As we have seen two different sizes on them depending on the year.

You will love the kit and its overall look and performance.

I'd love to see some pictures when you get it installed, please.

Thank you, Joe
Sponsored