D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
In short I live in Rhode Island and just got my Mustang inspected. I don't have inspection for another two years and would like to invest in a set of headers. My question is, is it worth the risk, and saving a little money just buying SW Catted Long Tubes and running O2 spacers, or should I spend the extra money on Kooks Green Cat Headers for the added security of not getting a CEL?
Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Even Green cats don't guarantee no CEL. Local forum member gsxr1000 (Jason) had it happen and others. I decided to just get the hi-flow option and install the 02 foulers and hope for the best. I won't know until I receive and get the headers installed.

Last edited:

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
i would go catless and have covers made if all you have to do is pass a visual on those. Lund tunes will pass OBD2 emissions as well

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Even Green cats don't guarantee no CEL. Local forum member gsxr1000 (Jason) had it happen and others. I decided to just get the hi-flow option and install the 02 foulers and hope for the best. I won't know until I receive snd get the headers installed.
Sorry to thread jack, were you doing the install yourself or going somewhere local?

Same question for the OP. I live in mass and thinking out my two options as well.

Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Sorry to thread jack, were you doing the install yourself or going somewhere local?

Same question for the OP. I live in mass and thinking out my two options as well.
A local member is doing the install for me.

Silver_Bullet_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rashad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
go catless (if you were ever considering it) and go to pete in NH for a dyno tune. he can tune the car, even catless, to still pass inspection and he has a program to run the test that the station will use.

just as long as you don't go to somebody that bitches about the noise.

performance dyno is the place. he has tuned many mustangs as well as coyotes

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP
I'm in California and want to go with LTHs as well, I know someone who can help me out but even with catted headers will it throw codes and if so what do I need to do to make sure it doesn't?

Dosia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
i would go catless and have covers made if all you have to do is pass a visual on those. Lund tunes will pass OBD2 emissions as well
A lund tune will pass a readiness test?

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Dont waste money on aftermarket Cats. Even in cali it won't pass smog. I would do cat less and find a hook up to pass you for smog or save stock headers and use it for smog.

Sponsored

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP
Dont waste money on aftermarket Cats. Even in cali it won't pass smog. I would do cat less and find a hook up to pass you for smog or save stock headers and use it for smog.
I may have someone who will do it. I figured cats would at least tone it down a little (cops) and o/r would be pretty damn loud. I plan to pair it to some AWE touring edition cat backs. I'm assuming O/R lths would throw codes?

OP
OP
D.Brown

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
I don't require smog in my state, but my issue is the OBD readiness. I can't have any CEL's on and the readiness has to be enabled. That's where the issue lies.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
I may have someone who will do it. I figured cats would at least tone it down a little (cops) and o/r would be pretty damn loud. I plan to pair it to some AWE touring edition cat backs. I'm assuming O/R lths would throw codes?
Your tuner can turn off rear bank sensors and you wont get any CEL. if your tuner cant do it then you can use some Defouler.

OP
OP
D.Brown

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
I'm also having a hard time understanding why I can't just get a set of headers that bolts right up to my Corsa Sport, since the Corsa just bolts up to my factory headers.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
I'm also having a hard time understanding why I can't just get a set of headers that bolts right up to my Corsa Sport, since the Corsa just bolts up to my factory headers.
I didn't know this was the case either, whats the issue being stated? Thought the corsa had short 3" to 2.5" connection adapters at the front, headers have the opposite, so you just need some straight 3" to 3" adapters?
Sponsored