rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Took the my GT to get an oil change at the dealership couple days ago. Then After tuned my s550 w Lund using my N Guage and then after the who flash was done it started showing "OIL PRESSURE LOW" checked the Dipstick and showed i was low on oil.So i figured dang the Dealer shorted me a Quart of an oil. filled it up w a quart of oil... seems to be fine and later on...and then "Low Oil pressure" light comes on again..now back to the dealer and see what they say...

No oil leaks, no engine noise, oil level filled back to level...I dont know if its the tune..any of you guys have this problem... thanks so much
Sponsored

Last edited:

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
No issues here with Lund tune... I can't for the life of me contemplate a way that a tune would cause great oil usage... unless you are abusing your engine more often.

OP
OP
rio16

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
No issues here with Lund tune... I can't for the life of me contemplate a way that a tune would cause great oil usage... unless you are abusing your engine more often.
I wasn't saying it was the Tune. Literally after flashing the car had the "low oil pressure" light come on. And abusing engine is not even a case for me lol. But thanks for ur feedback. Lol

OP
OP
rio16

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
I'm curious if they won't blame the tune though...Hope the dealer is kind to you.
Last thing mechanically done to the car was the dealer doing an oil change... shorted me a quart of synthetic oil.. hopefully its just a sensor and nothing else...

hope they're kind enough to fix or find out whats going on lol

Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
My friend had this same issue after a lund tune flash. He emailed Lund for a new tune and a few min later it was fixed. It was a tune issue

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Its the tune, email Lund
/thread
this is what I would do. If it happened immediately after you tuned the vehicle, why would you suspect anything other than the tune?

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Good luck killer. No issues here (knocks on wood)

OP
OP
rio16

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
My friend had this same issue after a lund tune flash. He emailed Lund for a new tune and a few min later it was fixed. It was a tune issue
Yes thanks i did email over the weekend and got a fast response today.. it was the tune. it was set for a PP GT and my car has non PP. going to try the new tune today. thanks for the advice

Its the tune, email Lund
/thread

thanks i did already.. aprreciate it
this is what I would do. If it happened immediately after you tuned the vehicle, why would you suspect anything other than the tune?
thanks

Good luck killer. No issues here (knocks on wood)

yes cuzzo got it sorted out... Mr. Lund was very helpful and got it sorted out.. should've told him car has no PP and my tune was set to the PP gauges. will try to re tune the car. stupid me lmao:headbonk:

Sponsored

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
ahh... I see. glad you got it fixed up.

I was originally under the assumption that the low oil indicator was followed up by an oil inspection that showed low oil levels.

MotorJoe

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB S550 GT Auto
I wonder why the PP engine has a different oil pressure tune than the NON PP, Is there any hardware difference between engines?

OP
OP
rio16

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
ahh... I see. glad you got it fixed up.

I was originally under the assumption that the low oil indicator was followed up by an oil inspection that showed low oil levels.
Yea the dealer topped the oil for me. they were short a quart of oil.. but John Lund got it fixed for me. The light is off and it was a tune revision. Just had to indicate that I do not have PP GT.

I wonder why the PP engine has a different oil pressure tune than the NON PP, Is there any hardware difference between engines?
Im guessing the sensors..maybe.

OP
OP
rio16

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)