Sponsored

Corsa xtreme sagging

bodam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
It says clear as day on the Corsa site that welding will void your warranty. And at this time, I really didn't want to totally void my warranty and give Corsa an easy out.

But like I said, since they won't even return calls or emails, I might as well just handle it myself.

And for the vendors, it's great that you've installed thousands of systems with no issues, but clearly there are several here that have the same issue, so let's not shit on the guys trying to get info on how to fix those issues, while you post advertisements on selling exhausts.

Thx Jayman, that's stand up to offer help to guys that didn't even buy the system from you. If you can get us any info from Corsa, that would be awesome.
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
It says clear as day on the Corsa site that welding will void your warranty. And at this time, I really didn't want to totally void my warranty and give Corsa an easy out.

But like I said, since they won't even return calls or emails, I might as well just handle it myself.

And for the vendors, it's great that you've installed thousands of systems with no issues, but clearly there are several here that have the same issue, so let's not shit on the guys trying to get info on how to fix those issues, while you post advertisements on selling exhausts.

Thx Jayman, that's stand up to offer help to guys that didn't even buy the system from you. If you can get us any info from Corsa, that would be awesome.
it's tough to diagnose without having the car in front of you to work on.

the fitment on all the corsa from what we have seen has been very good, it is one of our best selling most popular brands. and never had a customer call me with an issue, nor have we had an issue when installing locally.

that doesn't mean you don't have an issue. but it could be as simple as an original overtightening or something along those lines.

it could indeed be a bad clamp, or oversized clamp

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
spoke to my guy at corsa.

he would love to get some pics from guys having issues.

there are a lot of variables from the angles, the torque, re-torque after 100-500 miles, where the clamps are lined up at etc..

[email protected]

if either of you guys would shoot some pics of over,

bodam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
I'll get install pics tonight. Pics of clamps on pipes should go far, lol.

But Corsa actually finally emailed me back and asked for install pics, so install pics they shall get...

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
A week after the install, mine still holds strong. Hopefully it will last.

Sponsored

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Man, for what Corsa costs I'd be pissed.

A well engineered system would take into account rotational load on the connections and place them where it is the least to prevent rotation of the pipes when the system is in place and suspended by the hangers.

My Solo sits perfect and has never moved nor has anyone ever complained of this issue and it's half the price of the corsa systems. (oh and they have wonderful customer service)

Tip: The clamps can stretch out especially if warm. Be sure if you are tightening down that the pipes/clamps are dead cold. Replacement clamps may be in order or a spot weld from a muffler shop will keep it in place.

Good luck

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Man, for what Corsa costs I'd be pissed.

A well engineered system would take into account rotational load on the connections and place them where it is the least to prevent rotation of the pipes when the system is in place and suspended by the hangers.

My Solo sits perfect and has never moved nor has anyone ever complained of this issue and it's half the price of the corsa systems. (oh and they have wonderful customer service)

Tip: The clamps can stretch out especially if warm. Be sure if you are tightening down that the pipes/clamps are dead cold. Replacement clamps may be in order or a spot weld from a muffler shop will keep it in place.

Good luck
you are correct.

but none of that matters if it isn't installed exactly right.

not saying thats what has happened here.

but there is an "exact" way to install the system.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I have never had a quality issue with Corsa exhausts and had many. Initial placement of the clamps are critical from what I can see on mine plus who knows maybe they got a bad shipment of clamps as that would definitely do it but not responding to a customer with issues is bull crap no matter who it is. Word of mouth goes a long way.
I have emailed another vendor a lot of guys on here use and have yet to get a reply and that really pisses me off so I can see why you are so upset

bodam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
What exactly is the "exact" way to install the system?

Follow the directions, it's cut, install clamps and tighten to 45lbs.

I don't see any special instructions to avoid sag, improper clamping, etc.

I think we are searching for a way to blame the end user here, but I'll play along. Someone enlighten me on the way an axle back can be improperly installed, or not installed "exactly"...

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
What exactly is the "exact" way to install the system?

Follow the directions, it's cut, install clamps and tighten to 45lbs.

I don't see any special instructions to avoid sag, improper clamping, etc.

I think we are searching for a way to blame the end user here, but I'll play along. Someone enlighten me on the way an axle back can be improperly installed, or not installed "exactly"...
don't think anyone is looking for a blame, i wish you were local and we could figure it out for you

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I'm in for some pics of clamps on pipes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mine for sure sag because the hangers allow the mufflers to sit way too low. To fix this you have to hold the muffler up with a jack (or your knee) and then tighten the clamp (and then hope it doesn't rotate and sag again).

bodam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
I'm guessing that's part of my problem also. But I shouldn't have to heat and bend on a $1,000 axle back. Cuz once I do, you know they won't warrantee it lol

I'm about to back it up on the ramps and get install pics for Corsa...

bodam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
Install pics, if I posted them correctly
IMG_0182.jpg
IMG_0180.jpg
IMG_0177.jpg
IMG_0178.jpg
Sponsored