ZL1 Addons rock guard install

OP
OP

B/Stock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350, 16' 2500 Duramax
Just got my rock guards few minutes ago and noticed that mine were shipped without any tape . Will be getting in touch with them. :doh:

They look very OEM and well done BTW.
That sucks. Just make sure to get the double sided tape (when you get it) in correct alignment with the fender. Good luck.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
That sucks. Just make sure to get the double sided tape (when you get it) in correct alignment with the fender. Good luck.
Thx man, does the tape come already pre- installed on the rock guards or do i have to install it on the fender lip myself ?

OP
OP

B/Stock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thx man, does the tape come already pre- installed on the rock guards or do i have to install it on the fender lip myself ?
It comes pre-installed on the rock guard. Have him send you some pics of how it is suppose to be installed. I would line-up the guard to the fender and scribe or mark where the tape should be on the guard and put the tape on the guard. Then you peel off the tape and push the guard on the fender, make sure it's aligned right first. Put your push-pins in first to give you a starting point.

Sponsored

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
I have the JaegerBros setup on my R and from the photo linked above, the Jaegers seem to stick out much further. More material to deflect rocks from the painted panels perhaps?
That's what I saw too. I ordered the Jaeger Bros. guards. They should be here tomorrow.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I did thanks, any affiliation with ZL1addons ? Just curious.
They are a sponsor for my car.

I actually had the chance to meet the owner John today and tour the shop. He designs and builds all these components himself in the shop in his back yard. Complete with all the tools needed to build. Husband and wife team that love cars. He races a Z/28 and she has a Hellcat

I watched him assembling a set of these guards today for my car, and he applies the tape himself. Chances are he just made a human error. John is a solid guy though and will take care of any mistakes. It is pretty much just him doing a lot of the work. I will be doing a write up about John and the facility. He is truly just a car guy that is good with his hands and Solidworks

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
They are a sponsor for my car.

I actually had the chance to meet the owner John today and tour the shop. He designs and builds all these components himself in the shop in his back yard. Complete with all the tools needed to build. Husband and wife team that love cars. He races a Z/28 and she has a Hellcat

I watched him assembling a set of these guards today for my car, and he applies the tape himself. Chances are he just made a human error. John is a solid guy though and will take care of any mistakes. It is pretty much just him doing a lot of the work. I will be doing a write up about John and the facility. He is truly just a car guy that is good with his hands and Solidworks

Thx for the response, no doubt they are professional people and i'm impressed
with the quality of the product they make.

Still haven't heard from him though, if you see John or have a direct line with him, tell him to check his messages. :thumbsup:

Thx

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
Do the Jaeger Bros. guards use the pushpins, or is it just the friction fit between the fender lip?

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Thx for the response, no doubt they are professional people and i'm impressed
with the quality of the product they make.

Still haven't heard from him though, if you see John or have a direct line with him, tell him to check his messages. :thumbsup:

Thx
Finally got a hold of him, he was stoked as to why mine were shipped without any tape.

So good news is he's having tape shipped ASAP. Thx John. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
No push pins on the Jaeger Bros uses the friction fit but seems to hold good enough but of course could be knocked off and can be pulled off for extra cleaning.

DoCtA.FlAkE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium in DIB w/ PP and Premier Trim
Anyone else have trouble lining up the holes, while still being aligned on the fender?

Z2TSlaKb.jpg

f0uP18bb.jpg

OP
OP

B/Stock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone else have trouble lining up the holes, while still being aligned on the fender?

Z2TSlaKb.jpg

f0uP18bb.jpg
I put the push pins in first. There is a little wiggle-room to adjust the guard to the proper position.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase