Sponsored

Default volume level

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Curious, does anyone know if the Shaker system has a default volume setting anywhere?

There is an issue with when an iPhone is connected to Bluetooth. Once you disconnect (leave your car, etc.), the ringer volume on the phone is at maximum.

As per Apple support this is standard, and thus working as expected. Not sure why on earth anyone would want that.

An idea someone suggested is that maybe the default volume setting on the car stereo, in this case, a Shaker (2017 GT Premium) might need to be adjusted to combat that issue.

Reaching a little here...
Sponsored

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
No, that volume level is controlled by the phone. Last I heard there was a bug filed with Apple to fix it as, like you said, who wants their ringer blasting max?! Annoying having to keep lowering it. Especially annoying when my wife forgets to lower hers and her alarm goes off at 5AM full blast...

Edit: I take it back, it seems like maybe the ringer volume link is fixed now with iOS 11. I didn't realize they took away Volume control from the up.down keys by default in 11. Switched that back on and connected / disconnected a few times and seems like it's not cranking ringer to max now. Volume being cranked to max is probably to prevent complaints of quiet music as if you're on BT and it's streaming low volume you'll barely hear anything even with the vehicle volume turned way up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Rather annoying...! I tested it more yesterday.
I also just bought a Note 8. So, once I configure and start using it, it will be interesting to see if it does something similar...

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Yeah, I see the Volume go to 100%, but when it's disconnected a couple times I checked the Ringer volume and it was still at low. Hopefully it was a lucky fluke? I noticed the change to Ringer/Alert volume setting last night when I had Volume set low and an incoming message alert went off at full blast.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thus far, I've not noticed it on my Note 8...
Sponsored