Sponsored

2018 Mustang Performance Package Level 2 (PP2) "Tremor Package" Contents Revealed

bardoc.gainz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ford mustang ecoboost
I have been trying to do the same since they did not provide with the vin for my build and they are giving me so many issues. If they do not fix it then I will just do it through my company
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Something tells me that the PP2 might be a rare bird....

bardoc.gainz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To get the magnaride you need the 301a package. the pp2 comes with magna ride and it checks at 44950 I believe. Which puts this neck and neck in pricing with the 1le. It comes down to preference. Me I prefer the stang over the camaro any day

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Based on the DORA it also requires a $2000 interior package for your $6500 package with less in it than the $6500 1LE package. So it is really a $8500 package with less in it than the competition's $6500 package.

I can't believe it doesn't at least include the dual mode exhaust that is already a stand online option (and yes is part of the 1LE package).
I see what you are saying. I missed the fact that 301A was priced separately. Interesting/confusing.

FYI the Chevy build it tool now shows the 1LE package at $7000. However, local window stickers of "in transit" 1LE's that I checked still show $6500.

Regarding special orders which are not on Cotus yet. The owner (racer) of my dealership says that the system is not accepting retail OK to build until the 25th. I don't know if this is related to the number of allocations he has or some other factor. I ordered the car on the 5th knowing full well that the timing relative to start of production means a long wait compared to the 15 I ordered in mid November 14 and received in early Jan 15.

Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Do we know if the active exhaust is included in the PP2 package? Doesn't appear to be based on the original post.

bardoc.gainz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do not know to be honest. However it is a 895 standalone option or 1500 you can get a aftermarket setup that sound twice as good but is louder.

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Am I the only one that thought of this guy when they read "Tremor" package
3e23er32e3.PNG

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
To get the magnaride you need the 301a package. the pp2 comes with magna ride and it checks at 44950 I believe. Which puts this neck and neck in pricing with the 1le. It comes down to preference. Me I prefer the stang over the camaro any day
I also prefer the Mustang, however it is unfortunate that other than styling the 1SS 1LE is a better package at virtually the same price. While the devil is in the details, from what we know the 1LE has that the PP2 probably doesn't- 4 piston rear Brembo, 20" forged wheels, micro-fiber suede (ultrasuede/Alcantara) interior, HUD, flat-bottom wheel, dual mode exhaust.

It remains to be seen if the Recaro's are included in the PP2, and what they will be like and if they extend micro-fiber suede throughout.

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
The same 10 speed auto in the ZL1 Camaro is slower around a racetrack than the 6 spd manual with the same driver.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chev...olet-camaro-zl1-first-test-brute-squad-goals/
Yeah, I saw that video. However, you're picking one slight example. By the great majority of cars with the auto/manual choice, the auto is quicker...be it Ford, Chevy, Porsche, BMW, etc. Pure fact, by the great majority, autos are quicker nowadays. Even Ford says their own 10-speed is faster than their 6 speed manual! So what I your point other than citing one example that stands in very slight contrast to the overwhelming body of evidence?

Sponsored

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Yeah, I saw that video. However, you're picking one slight example. By the great majority of cars with the auto/manual choice, the auto is quicker...be it Ford, Chevy, Porsche, BMW, etc. Pure fact, by the great majority, autos are quicker nowadays. Even Ford says their own 10-speed is faster than their 6 speed manual! So what I your point other than citing one example that stands in very slight contrast to the overwhelming body of evidence?
Possibly the reason they are excluded from the PP cars is the auto's can't handle the heat generated from a 20-30 minute HPDE session? And that's really all I care about since I'm not a fan of drag racing.

I won't comment any further on the 10 speeds, because I haven't had the opportunity to drive one. I have driven both a Cayman w/PDK and V8 M3 w/DCT.......and they are amazing. The dual clutch transmissions are superior in a performance envelope than the torque converter transmissions.

If Ford offered a proper DCT transmission in the PP, absolutely no question I would buy one.

I'm waiting to see what the first round of my options are worth next year and then it's either going to be:
- SS 1LE
- GT w/PP and possibly some extra aftermarket stuff
- M2 w/DCT
- 981 S w/PDK (used, obviously)

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Possibly the reason they are excluded from the PP cars is the auto's can't handle the heat generated from a 20-30 minute HPDE session? And that's really all I care about since I'm not a fan of drag racing.

I won't comment any further on the 10 speeds, because I haven't had the opportunity to drive one. I have driven both a Cayman w/PDK and V8 M3 w/DCT.......and they are amazing. The dual clutch transmissions are superior in a performance envelope than the torque converter transmissions.

If Ford offered a proper DCT transmission in the PP, absolutely no question I would buy one.

I'm waiting to see what the first round of my options are worth next year and then it's either going to be:
- SS 1LE
- GT w/PP and possibly some extra aftermarket stuff
- M2 w/DCT
- 981 S w/PDK (used, obviously)

Mind you... the A10 is co-developed between General Motors & Ford. It is state of the art stuff.
It shifts faster than Porsche's PDK, if you program it that way.

http://fordauthority.com/2016/09/exploring-the-inner-workings-of-the-new-ford-gm-10-speed-automatic/

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I'm really doubting this package will even compete with the 1LE still. 1LE currently has a huge gap over the regular GT. I don't feel like 35hp, dampening and some tires are going to change that gap drastically.