corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Ford's Collision alert only beeps at you, and goes off every time I make the previously mentioned lane change, and it can be ignored.
Best case, that's going to be annoying. And the more conservative its calibration ends up being, the more annoying it's going to be.

I can't guarantee it's the same with the VW as the '18 Mustang, but in the VW, it will beep before it brakes just like my '16 GT, and if you don't intervene quickly, it will brake HARD. I'm talking 100% brake force, ABS is going off, even if you were going 5mph. Also, it cuts the gas pedal, so you cannot fight it.
I'd rather not have ABS at all than to ever have to cope with that scenario. Just give me good grippy brake pads, I'll live with the dust and any noise, and I'll continue to pay at least as much attention to closing rates as to the illumination of brake lights (which don't always work and which are intentionally made dimmer by some owners).

Norm
Sponsored

OP
OP
TTA365

TTA365

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi S5, 2011 Vert Vette
Thanks everyone for their thoughts, I know a couple folks had referenced the 2018 owners manual which I've not had the opportunity to review. Nonetheless, despite the fact that I would love the blind spot warning function, it seems this other function is bundled in, and that's just not for me.