Sponsored

Never thought I would have to post this....

PIsenhour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray Metallic
This evening a 16 year old kid pulled out in front of me, a mustang believe it or not, without even looking. Everyone is ok with the exception of a few bumps and bruises. I am trying to not be pissed, but it is difficult. Only had it 16 months and it is by far the best car I have ever owned.
Some thoughts. Never been an auto accident before I must say the air bags worked. They hurt, but they worked. I didn't know it had air bags for the legs. The brakes tried to stop, but no chance. I was surprised android auto even called 911. I am surprised that the car would start for the tow truck driver so he was able to drive it onto the flatbed. I wasn't happy about that.
It is after all a car, but I hope they don't try to fix.
I have same question others who have posted, totaled or not?
20171118_154906b.jpg
20171118_161044a.jpg
20171118_162941.jpg
20171118_162951a.jpg
20171118_160539a.jpg
Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
This evening a 16 year old kid pulled out in front of me, a mustang believe it or not, without even looking. Everyone is ok with the exception of a few bumps and bruises. I am trying to not be pissed, but it is difficult. Only had it 16 months and it is by far the best car I have ever owned.
Some thoughts. Never been an auto accident before I must say the air bags worked. They hurt, but they worked. I didn't know it had air bags for the legs. The brakes tried to stop, but no chance. I was surprised android auto even called 911. I am surprised that the car would start for the tow truck driver so he was able to drive it onto the flatbed. I wasn't happy about that.
It is after all a car, but I hope they don't try to fix.
I have same question others who have posted, totaled or not?
Cars & coffee/Mustang week/Crowd control crazies dude. Glad you're ok though.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
My guess is totaled. With airbags deployed, there is probably some structural damage.

Of course, I'm not an adjuster, so ...

But, best of luck and I'm sorry it happened.

Jiki05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Glad you are okay. But I'm glad as well that the mustang held up pretty good. To me looks like its totaled.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Yeah that blue 1 is definately totaled .. good that every one is OK .

Sponsored

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I am not so sure it’s totaled....fenders, hood, bumper, maybe a little front frame straightening and airbag dash repair...if it’s that new, maybe not...

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Maybe if you're lucky the tow truck driver finished it off by running it without whatever those fluids are running out on the ground.

I would guess (hope) totaled. Besides every panel and trim piece in the front, and the airbags, the camber of the wheel suggests that there's either structural or suspension damage.

If they don't total it be sure to ask for some consideration for diminished value. CarFax will show this and serious repairs will be evident.

Happy that nobody was seriously hurt. I'm guessing there was no passenger in the kid's Mustang. That seems likely to have been a serious injury.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Both cars totaled. The 18s are looking like something that would be worth a look.

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Man that sucks,Glad your okay.I actually cringed when I seen the photo.

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
Need more pics, at this point it appears it needs a left 3/4 front and bags... Probably around 13k ish. in damage, depending on parts prices and P page required replacement parts due to SRS deployment. Glad all are ok though!!!

Sponsored

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Easily totaled. Go pick out a new one.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
You drove your car longer than me. My fox body 5.0 was totaled three months into ownership. The hardest part believe it or not, was buying another Mustang. A guy on this forum totalled his Mustang and quietly disappeared. I guess he bought something else and went away. If they write it off you get a second chance to try something new. With my first 5.0 I had a car with no options so I replaced it with one that had every option and that kept me in Mustang land. But it is hard to get the same thing again. The guys that destroyed theirs in bad weather usually get spooked from the experience and they (with prodding from the wife) get a pickup truck or some other tank.

But do what you want in the end. This is a Mustang forum so we all are biased. I am a lifer and every new car I got was a Mustang. No more 5.0s for me as staring at 5.0 badges for 18 straight years was enough. But his new V6, believe it or not, is the most fun to drive of them all. For you real diehard Mustang guys, driving a car with a lighter front end can be a revelation. Anyway, if this car gets crumpled the only car that would keep me in a Mustang would be one with a 7 litre motor in it as one of those greeted me every morning for two years back in the day. Otherwise it is back to Corvette motors with their shitty reliability. I have the money now to get whatever I want. But you may find it hard to buy another Mustang. If you get the itch a base Corvette with incentives is a nice change!

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Sorry I didn’t notice it was a four. Then you may want to try a V8. Just saying.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Time for a GT.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)