Sponsored

Never thought I would have to post this....

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Another fox coupe lost to stupidity...smh
I'd rather see it go that way than somebody ls swapping it.

Op, looks like its time to add some cylinders!
Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Obviously hard to say if it's totaled without really inspecting it, but looks repairable to me. I've seen a lot worse that was not considered totaled, but again, it's all about what got destroyed and what didn't. Good luck either way, bud. Man that does suck!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

This evening a 16 year old kid pulled out in front of me, a mustang believe it or not, without even looking. Everyone is ok with the exception of a few bumps and bruises. I am trying to not be pissed, but it is difficult. Only had it 16 months and it is by far the best car I have ever owned.
Some thoughts. Never been an auto accident before I must say the air bags worked. They hurt, but they worked. I didn't know it had air bags for the legs. The brakes tried to stop, but no chance. I was surprised android auto even called 911. I am surprised that the car would start for the tow truck driver so he was able to drive it onto the flatbed. I wasn't happy about that.
It is after all a car, but I hope they don't try to fix.
I have same question others who have posted, totaled or not?
I'm trying to figure out where at in NC you are.

Glad everyone is alive and doing okay. It sucks, but at the end of the day, rather it be a car than a life.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
minus 1 foxbody coupe.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
It's a 2016 and is hurt for sure and from the pictures it appears there may be some structural damage as the left front wheel appears to be pushed back. "Only the Adjuster knows for sure" Got to get that baby up in the air for a complete estimate. In any event Having been in the business for a long time I'd say it may be close to total. Bottom line you walked away and no matter how much you love the car, (I would not get it fixed.) I hope you are able to find a replacement and be back on the road real soon.

Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I'm thinking of the dad that spent the time and money getting the blue one ready for his 16 yr old just to wreck it. And by the grin on his face he probably didn't care.

Memphis9s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
dont know if it hurts more to see the banged up S550 or the Fox LX coupe (which are getting rare to find now)

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
100% totaled, no doubt about it. Looks like 4 airbags deployed? Those are $2k a pop, plus a whole new steering column. If the other driver was cited for fault, accept the total and work with your insurance, get something new. Glad you're ok.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Ouch! Zaino won't fix that. Why the devil is a 16 year old punk driving on the road? It's done. Time for a new 2018 GT.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Totalled.
Front left unibody is compromised including K member.
Add kmember, electric steering, entire front left suspension and brake lines to the bill.
Left front motor mount should be replaced.
Its totalled, but if they f w you...
Take pictures of the unibody left side under hood. Stand passengers wheel w hood open shooting across engine/radiator gap. Underside where k member attaches front left to unibody.
If the insurance company does not total it, just email them a formal demand that they warranty the structural crash integrity of the unibody if straightened. Email them pictures and tell them you sent them to Ford asking about same. If they stonewall further, ask them if they are indemnifying you against suit if the buyer is injured in a future collision due to hidden structural damage.

Sponsored

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
Its simple. If the repairs exceed 65% of retail value its totaled.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Ouch! Zaino won't fix that. Why the devil is a 16 year old punk driving on the road? It's done. Time for a new 2018 GT.
If not the road, where else would a 16 year old be driving?

JimG_AZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium (RIP - 3/19)
Its simple. If the repairs exceed 65% of retail value its totaled.
Not with Progressive.

Also on this topic, I would hold off on filing a claim with your insurance company, unless you absolutely have to. A year ago, I had a girl try to cut across 3 lanes to do a left turn at a light. Needless to say, she did not see my 2008 Rav4 and hit me on the passenger side front quarter panel. She was cited by the police and both cars had to be towed. She had Liberty Mutual insurance and I had Progressive. The next day I contacted Liberty Mutual and verified that she opened the claim. They asked me a bunch of questions and said they were investigating the incident. Furthermore, until they accept liability, they would not provide me a rental or repair my car. Basically there was nothing they could do for me., While this was going on, my car was in a towing companies impound lot and I had no car to get to work. For the first week I got some rides from my son, who works with me, and rented a car on my own for a couple of days.

After a week, and still no ruling from Liberty Mutual, I brought Progressive in. For the accident, they were pretty good. They pulled my car out of the storage lot, had it towed to a Progressive repair facility and got me a rental car.

Then, 16 days after the accident, I finally get a call from Liberty Mutual that they are going to accept liability for the accident and that they will get with Progressive and cover the damage and rental. I let them know what I thought of the 16 day wait, but they really didn't seem to care.

Now on to the bad...because of F'n Liberty Mutual dragging their feet on this, and me bringing in Progressive, by the insurance company viewpoint, I filed a claim. Even though I was not at fault and Progressive was reimbursed, they still view it as I filed a claim for @ $6,500. Because of this, my insurance has gone up $100/month until 3 years after the claim. Needless to say, I am pissed about this. Oh, thank you Liberty Mutual!

If I could do this over again, I would have had the Rav4 towed to my house, and rented a car on my own. I would have been way ahead.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
ouch
E982691B-6AF8-4774-9792-61B9B86F111C.jpeg

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Another fox coupe lost to stupidity...smh
Sooo sad and true. The best looking Mustangs ever made are the Notchbacks, and now another one gone forever.Glad you didn't suffer any injuries..
Sponsored