Sponsored

Icon showing AdvanceTrac status?

949Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Orange GT350
Unless we are missing something in the manual, we don't see any standing status display for AdvanceTrac. Enter track mode and we see the car swerving icon at the bottom of the dash display. Hold the SC button up to disable AdvanceTrac and we see the momentary "AdvanceTrac Off" pop up then it disappears, leaving the same car swerving icon for track mode displayed. From here the only indication that AdvanceTrac is off is your memory.

Is there some other icon on the dash or center display that indicates AdvanceTrac status?
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Unless we are missing something in the manual, we don't see any standing status display for AdvanceTrac. Enter track mode and we see the car swerving icon at the bottom of the dash display. Hold the SC button up to disable AdvanceTrac and we see the momentary "AdvanceTrac Off" pop up then it disappears, leaving the same car swerving icon for track mode displayed. From here the only indication that AdvanceTrac is off is your memory.

Is there some other icon on the dash or center display that indicates AdvanceTrac status?
The swervy icon IS the AdvanceTrac indicator.

OP
OP
949Racing

949Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Orange GT350
Yes but it's lit when track mode is engaged but AdvanceTrac (Stability Control "SC") is still partially enabled by default. There are a few different levels of AdvanceTrac behavior but the icon doesn't indicate which.

If you do not manually disable with center console switch, AdvanceTrac will still cut power if it sense too much yaw rate. Only way to disable SC entirely is holding the center console switch up for 10s or whatever it is. The display shows the icon but not which mode it's in.

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Emilio, there's an indicator in the track apps page of the cluster. Top selection in the list, IIRC. Shows what state the AdvanceTrac is in along with all of the other performance related settings the car has.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yes but it's lit when track mode is engaged but AdvanceTrac (Stability Control "SC") is still partially enabled by default. There are a few different levels of AdvanceTrac behavior but the icon doesn't indicate which.

If you do not manually disable with center console switch, AdvanceTrac will still cut power if it sense too much yaw rate. Only way to disable SC entirely is holding the center console switch up for 10s or whatever it is. The display shows the icon but not which mode it's in.
All the light does is tell you that AdvanceTrac is NOT fully on; it's the "you're at risk" signal from the nanny.

I suppose it would be nice to have a more precise measure, but the mode my car is in is the mode I've selected, and I can remember what that is. For me, the cheery glow of the AdvanceTrac light confirms that I didn't forget to get the car set before I rolled out on the track.