Sponsored

Pedal Commander Worth It?

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Just push the pedal in further. You control throttle response with your right foot. That is all the pedal piggy backs are doing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RaceRed5.0

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
I'm getting mixed reviews on this as I sort of thought. I am thinking of just going with a CAI and flash SCT tuner after this. I just wanted a little quicker throttle response it just seems like it is lagging a little when I put it to the floor I have the same issue with my Pontiac G6.

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
I'm getting mixed reviews on this as I sort of thought. I am thinking of just going with a CAI and flash SCT tuner after this. I just wanted a little quicker throttle response it just seems like it is lagging a little when I put it to the floor I have the same issue with my Pontiac G6.
Unless you are way out of the powerband and/or in the wrong gear it should be nearly neck-snapingly quick.

OP
OP
RaceRed5.0

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unless you are way out of the powerband and/or in the wrong gear it should be nearly neck-snapingly quick.
I don't think I am. I have 3.15 gears which could contribute a little but I just feel like there is a little lag but I figured I will just stick to a CAI and a tune.

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
There is no lag between the pedal and the computer. The computer knows the location of your foot on the pedal in real time whether you have a device on it or not. This product is stuck between the gas pedal and computer. And what it does is it lies to the computer as to where your foot is on the pedal. So when you have your pedal pressed down 70 to 80 percent of the way down the product is telling the computer 100. Its a very simple product and should be sold for about 20 bucks.

Sponsored

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
I don't think I am. I have 3.15 gears which could contribute a little but I just feel like there is a little lag but I figured I will just stick to a CAI and a tune.
Driver mod...

JaxS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT PP
I used a pedalmax before I wanted to tune my car. It was great, but doing a tune will help get rid of the pedal lag, so you don't need both.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I was not looking for more throttle just faster throttle response stock feels so numb and tune is out for me for now, my dealers are not very tune friendly and I have a lifetime powertrain warranty so not worth loosing it for a few hp just wanted better throttle response. I would love to have cable no drive by wire stuff not a fan.
It won't increase speed of response it will increase pedal vs throttle plate which makes the car seem faster.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
My pedal tables are stock in my tune but I've got a massive throttle body so throttle response is not an issue on mine.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
3.15 gears definitely are contributing especially once you are out of first gear. The auto has an extremely aggressive first gear (4.17:1) even compared to the MT82 (3.66:1) which makes 3.15s seem like 3.73s would with the MT82 but once out of first gear it will act like a MT82 with 3.15s which doesn't exist but based on my 3.31 car when it was stock I'd say 3.15s would feel pretty sluggish. I know my wife's with 3.55s felt more responsive than mine with 3.31s back when mine was stock. 3.31-3.55 gears would definitely wake up the auto a bit.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RaceRed5.0

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.15 gears definitely are contributing especially once you are out of first gear. The auto has an extremely aggressive first gear (4.17:1) even compared to the MT82 (3.66:1) which makes 3.15s seem like 3.73s would with the MT82 but once out of first gear it will act like a MT82 with 3.15s which doesn't exist but based on my 3.31 car when it was stock I'd say 3.15s would feel pretty sluggish. I know my wife's with 3.55s felt more responsive than mine with 3.31s back when mine was stock. 3.31-3.55 gears would definitely wake up the auto a bit.
Yeah, I'm thinking a tune might help a little with that as well. Thanks for the feedback!

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
I had PedalMAX when i was stock and never drove without it. But went Tune/CAI and it is night and day. If you don't want to void your warranty, then pick up a used one and try it out. I felt i had more command of the pedal with it.

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I used a pedalmax before I wanted to tune my car. It was great, but doing a tune will help get rid of the pedal lag, so you don't need both.
This is JMS's statement to me recently, when inquiring about their tunes as well as Pedalmax to address lag.

It can get better with a tune but it cannot be eliminated like it can with the pedalmax.

Some guys had a video also for the Pedal Commander (I think), and it showed that the speed at which the throttle body opened when simply slamming the gas, was greatly improved.

Not advocating for this device and do not personally own it, but wow there are tons of guys here and on other forums who love having it with their custom tune.

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
This is JMS's statement to me recently, when inquiring about their tunes as well as Pedalmax to address lag.

It can get better with a tune but it cannot be eliminated like it can with the pedalmax.

Some guys had a video also for the Pedal Commander (I think), and it showed that the speed at which the throttle body opened when simply slamming the gas, was greatly improved.

Not advocating for this device and do not personally own it, but wow there are tons of guys here and on other forums who love having it with their custom tune.
That is a lie
Sponsored