DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
how loose were the bolts?
I dont know. I took it in because its still under warranty and they replaced all the seals/gaskets. There were a few parts involved as I had to wait a few days
for the parts to show up.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
figured out is a head gasket leak. Gonna get it resolved asap.
I have the exact same thing at the same spot. Was driving my car this morning and suddenly the passenger compartment was full of smoke (smelled a slight burning before that). Exhaust manifold was smoking and saw the drip spot on the manifold. Parked it and had it towed to the nearest dealer, where it sits...

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I have the exact same thing at the same spot. Was driving my car this morning and suddenly the passenger compartment was full of smoke (smelled a slight burning before that). Exhaust manifold was smoking and saw the drip spot on the manifold. Parked it and had it towed to the nearest dealer, where it sits...
Turns out mine was the valve cover gaskets. It was smoking but not at the extent of your description.

All gaskets/seals replaced and its running strong and smoke free.

Wish you the best with yours and definitely keep us posted!

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thanks :) They said it could take up to a week to even fit it in to their engine department, but they had a good chance to look at it earlier than that. Fingers crossed!

Edit: Naturally, this comes the weekend before it is projected to be sunny and nice after 8 months of heavy rain... sigh.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Got a call from the dealer, they said it is a bad PVC valve that was leaking oil onto the manifold. Should be fixed up by Monday.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Thanks :) They said it could take up to a week to even fit it in to their engine department, but they had a good chance to look at it earlier than that. Fingers crossed!

Edit: Naturally, this comes the weekend before it is projected to be sunny and nice after 8 months of heavy rain... sigh.
Total bummer bud:brokenheart:

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Total bummer bud:brokenheart:
Thanks, but with all that has happened lately this is pretty much the least of the things that is going on... beginning to think I am cursed. :frusty:

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Thanks, but with all that has happened lately this is pretty much the least of the things that is going on... beginning to think I am cursed. :frusty:
Uh oh...

This happened at a pretty bad time for me too. So much $hit going on right now.

I hope everything works out for you!

JaxS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT PP
I had the same drip/leak on the driver side. Dealer couldn't get my car in for a week so I decided to try and tighten the bolts to see if that worked. I had to take out my Steeda CAI to get to some, and the ones up under the firewall were a B to get to even with a 1/4" drive, 2 swivels, and 2 short extensions...but I couldn't believe how loose they were. I tightened them all snug and haven't had any oil drip since.

Sponsored