Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Ive been running amsoil for years, its the only oil i will ever use! Very pleased with its performance and protection!
Sponsored

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
A friend and forum member here was helping me out with a tire change and we decided to do an oil change while it was on the lift. The only store around here that carried amsoil only had 5w20 in OE, SS in everything else. I was tempted to do 5w30 SS especially because its going to be a hotter summer but felt like I should keep to manufacturers specs.

The only odd thing, and i feel after every oil change the car has its slight nuances shift. With this i feel/hear a more pronounced ping in the clutch knob at idle. I can feel it go up and down with the engines revs up to a little over 1k where it just blends in.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
This thread makes me feel bad for buying the mobile 1 on sale and planning to change it every 3k miles
Millions of people use MC 5w20 and change it once a year or 10k miles. No one had oil related failures.

DanielLD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/ Jeep Rubicon HR/ RC-F
Changed my oil after 8k miles with Amsoil SS 5w-20 (longest I've ever gone on an OCI - made me nervous). Sent in for Blackstone UOA. Here are the results for your viewing pleasure:
UOA.JPG
I politely beg to differ with that analysis, your silicon is needlessly elevated and is wearing internals. change that air filter. Your wrist pins are taking snagging on that cylinder wall. You have no idea where the acid sits on this oil, nor how much active additive you have left. No idea on the air/fuel ratio this engine is running or how much life is left on it. I would not push this oil to 10k without knowing what's really happening.

I love when Blackstone says no fuel or coolant. As if they are actually able to test for it.

Sponsored

DanielLD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/ Jeep Rubicon HR/ RC-F
Millions of people use MC 5w20 and change it once a year or 10k miles. No one had oil related failures.
Most people these days don't, engineering has done a good job at that! There are more things to oil than failure, consider power, internal efficiency, fuel economy and longetivity. Like 300-400k. Most of todays oils are very good and unlike even ten years ago.

stock888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Been using Amsoil OE 5w30 on my 17 GT Premium PP. After putting it on my car i got the tick on my engine when cold started. Then goes away when engine is warmed up.
Sponsored