Sponsored

Anyone have experience with the LTH mid exhaust on AmericanMuscle.com, is it loud?

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Hi Guys,

I had bought a pair of GT500 mufflers a while back and am finally getting around to having them installed. I really liked the way they sounded in all the clips I heard online. Rather than cut up my stock exhaust, I was thinking about ordering up the LTH mid exhaust and then having my exhaust shop do the custom work to fit up the GT500 mufflers. My main concern is drone. My second concern is how loud this setup might be. I'll be running stock headers with cats. Anybody have any advice, experience, or just a general feel for how this setup might sound? Thanks in advance! Oh ya, here is the link to the exhaust on American Muscle...

https://www.americanmuscle.com/lth-mid-exhaust-system-1517gt.html
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys,

I had bought a pair of GT500 mufflers a while back and am finally getting around to having them installed. I really liked the way they sounded in all the clips I heard online. Rather than cut up my stock exhaust, I was thinking about ordering up the LTH mid exhaust and then having my exhaust shop do the custom work to fit up the GT500 mufflers. My main concern is drone. My second concern is how loud this setup might be. I'll be running stock headers with cats. Anybody have any advice, experience, or just a general feel for how this setup might sound? Thanks in advance! Oh ya, here is the link to the exhaust on American Muscle...

https://www.americanmuscle.com/lth-mid-exhaust-system-1517gt.html
You're going to have to cut/fab/weld to fit the GT500 mufflers no matter what, so why not do it on a stock exhaust you won't ever get much for vs. spending $400 on this? Just get a cut and clamp X-pipe.

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
You're going to have to cut/fab/weld to fit the GT500 mufflers no matter what, so why not do it on a stock exhaust you won't ever get much for vs. spending $400 on this? Just get a cut and clamp X-pipe.
I get your logic, but I want to be sure I can easily put the car back to stock if I don't like it. Also, I can sell it as a complete system if it's too loud for me.

I guess I should probably expect this to be the same volume level as if I just installed an X-pipe in place of the stock resonator? Not sure how loud that would be though...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I get your logic, but I want to be sure I can easily put the car back to stock if I don't like it. Also, I can sell it as a complete system if it's too loud for me.

I guess I should probably expect this to be the same volume level as if I just installed an X-pipe in place of the stock resonator? Not sure how loud that would be though...
Yeah this LTH midpipes would be the same as doing a cut and clamp X-pipe resonator delete. With the GT500 mufflers it's not super loud. Much louder than stock, yes, but definitely not obnoxious. It'd be fairly easy for an exhaust shop to weld your stock mufflers back onto your stock mid-pipes if you wanted to go that route.

This is also why people go catback.

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
With the GT500 mufflers it's not super loud. Much louder than stock, yes, but definitely not obnoxious.
How about drone? What should I expect? There is nothing more annoying than cruising down the highway and having to put up with that!

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How about drone? What should I expect? There is nothing more annoying than cruising down the highway and having to put up with that!
I've heard good things regarding these mufflers with respect to drone. I've not heard it myself, so hard to say how it compares to say, the FRPP Touring or Borla S-type, for instance, for interior volume overall. You can have constant exhaust presence on the highway without drone. Both can be annoying. If you keep the resonator I am sure it will not drone, nor be loud at all at cruise. With the X-pipe resonator delete it'll be louder by quite a bit.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If I mark the exhaust before cutting, and provided it's cut in the appropriate spot, do you think it would be possible to be able to swap back to stock using a clamp like this?

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/3085...gaiJQzxBS4tve2xB4zUQRl9sJu0xI-_RoC4xoQAvD_BwE
Yes it's possible, though there isn't much straight length there to clamp to. You would need a butt joint clamp that covers both sides. It may or may not seal, but you can get high temp sealing compound for that too.

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Base 6spd in Shadow Black
I have them with Borla S Type axle backs.. Fitment is ok and the pipes look nice. I didn't intend on doing the mid pipes but the stock midpipes were already fairly corroded and just said hell with it.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The GT500s have no drone. I know, I had them with cat deletes.
Sponsored