Sponsored

Ford Performance GT350 Lowering Springs Group Buy

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Before (top) After(bottom) comparasson...Also a great example of how drastically the natural light affects how Avalanche Grey photographs, lol.
Your rear wheel looks like its shifted forward.
Sponsored

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Your rear wheel looks like its shifted forward.
I think that's just the photo. In person, it looks fine. I'll find out for sure if there are any issues when it goes into Ford for alignment.

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If that is the issue, is that something that Ford can confirm and/or correct when the car goes in for alignment?
Ask them to check for subframe alignment because otherwise they might just realign the wheels with the missaligned SF. It could also just be the photo but better be safe. Who did your spring install?

Sponsored

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Ask them to check for subframe alignment because otherwise they might just realign the wheels with the missaligned SF. It could also just be the photo but better be safe. Who did your spring install?
Will do, I'll be sure to specifically ask about the subframe when it goes in for the alignment. Mainly using Ford for the alignment because we get free alignments for the first year or 12k miles. So far the dealer I take mine to has been good and knowledgeable with 350s, this will be my first experience using them for an alignment though.

Myself and 2 other 350 owners did the spring installs on all 3 of our 350s. Install was pretty straight forward and I made sure to replace all of the torque to yield bolts and torqued everything back down to spec.

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Correct. FP just got some sway bars out to complement these springs but they are not needed. Camber plates if you want to play on the track... but with lowering spring I bet the camber will increase close to what FP recommands without camber plates.

BTW, anyone checked alignment after lowering to see amount of camber these springs add (without camber plates)?
Do you happen to know the part number for the sway bar? Thanks!

RustedAngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 350R HR215
Correct. FP just got some sway bars out to complement these springs but they are not needed. Camber plates if you want to play on the track... but with lowering spring I bet the camber will increase close to what FP recommands without camber plates.

BTW, anyone checked alignment after lowering to see amount of camber these springs add (without camber plates)?
When I went to get the R realigned post springs, I was dead on the money in the rear at -1.8, exactly what it was prior to install. In the front, I gained roughly .2 degrees of extra negative camber.

In other words...not much at all.

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will do, I'll be sure to specifically ask about the subframe when it goes in for the alignment. Mainly using Ford for the alignment because we get free alignments for the first year or 12k miles. So far the dealer I take mine to has been good and knowledgeable with 350s, this will be my first experience using them for an alignment though.

Myself and 2 other 350 owners did the spring installs on all 3 of our 350s. Install was pretty straight forward and I made sure to replace all of the torque to yield bolts and torqued everything back down to spec.
Perfect. Not complicated job... only problem is the way the 4 bolts hold the subframe... there is a huge play between bolt and subframe hole. There is a high probablility that it will not realign correctly when rebolted. The alignement kit is quite simple... just a derlin sleeve that fits in the hole and makes sure the bolt is perfectly centered at all 4 corners.

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
After looking closer and measuring, the rear passenger side wheel is sitting about 1" closer to the front of the car than the rear driver's side (which looks to be in the middle.) Could this still be a subframe alignment issue or something else all together? Keep in mind, the car hasn't been aligned yet but I assume an alignment wont fix the issue. This corner also happens to be the only corner that we pulled the end link off of (this was the first side we did on the rear and thought that it needed to be disconnected because the sway bar was hitting the exhaust. Turned out not to be an issue so we reinstalled it.) Could that be related to the issue? Going into Ford today for the alignment and want to take a look while the car is up. Any suggestions as to what the issue could be would be greatly appreciated.

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Just got finished getting it aligned at Ford. According to the tech, the subframe was off and they said they have corrected it. The passenger side rear wheel is still visually offset towards the front as seen in the before/after pic I posted. However, the rear drivers side is as well now, so they are symmetrical. I'm assuming that is good, though I'm still not sure why they are shifted closer to the front.

Also, for anyone wondering, my front camber is at -1.2 with just the springs and no camber bolts or plates.

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
First of all thanks for sharing all the info, I'm sure everyone would agree when i say, the community really appreciates it.
Now, has the car settled, meaning did it go any lower as from the first pic?
Also, from reading your posts, you didn't add any camber plates, just the springs and alignment? thanks in advance.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Just got finished getting it aligned at Ford. According to the tech, the subframe was off and they said they have corrected it. The passenger side rear wheel is still visually offset towards the front as seen in the before/after pic I posted. However, the rear drivers side is as well now, so they are symmetrical. I'm assuming that is good, though I'm still not sure why they are shifted closer to the front.

Also, for anyone wondering, my front camber is at -1.2 with just the springs and no camber bolts or plates.
Im sure that fine, but it might drive me nuts to look at.
Sponsored