papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
For one I feel lucky because I managed to get a 5-year warranty on my car. I will definitely sell it before this warranty expires. Until then, I will have fun! :D
I refused the extended warranty they proposed me as a refund for missing front parking sensors (I want 200 eur CASH out of their pocket) because
1) with that, I should do every service check at the dealer, that is really expensive compared to a regular garage (so they will get back the price of the warranty they gave me 'for free')
2) they would, for sure, pointed every damage or broken parts to my fault, not obeying at the warranty.

Can you elaborate on that? Why do you say plates are bent? Do plates bend from a battery being drained? I have no knowledge of automotive batteries.
A friend of mine said the same thing - not exactly a bent plate but that the battery is in short-circuit and that I could throw it at the recycling station...
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
A friend of mine said the same thing - not exactly a bent plate but that the battery is in short-circuit and that I could throw it at the recycling station...
I can understand a bent something could cause a short but don't understand how they get bent while parked.

I'm interested because I had the same thing happen to my 2016 Mustang. I guess I let mine sit too long and it wouldn't start. I hooked my battery tester/charger to it and it threw a code indicating a likely short. I took the battery into the dealer and after convincing them Ford wouldn't shut them down for replacing it without verifying mileage they gave me a new one based on a promise to send them a picture of the odometer after I installed it. I really did appreciate them not insisting on towing the car in with all the inherent risks of that.

But I still don't understand how plates get bent (or whatever causes the short) just sitting.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Can you elaborate on that? Why do you say plates are bent? Do plates bend from a battery being drained? I have no knowledge of automotive batteries.
I'm not sure what material the plates inside the battery are but I think it's made from led, once they are bent from being discharged they don't come straight again after being recharged. So most likely a few days later the battery will be flat again. I'm not an expert but my previous car (BMW E36) had a flat battery about every 2 years and eventually I gave up recharging them and bought a new one for the better.

Here's some battery 101 :-)

[ame]

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know if this will work on our euros?
https://www.grdian.com/shop/products/dash-cams/checkout/defendr-plus-grd-a55

Looks like a really good dash cam, but wondering if the electrical system will cause any problems?
I have a dashcam for some time now, and no problems at all. Keep in mind that you have a convenient 12v source just behind the rear mirror where you can get power without running cables all the way down the pillars.

One day I should post my 'smart' setup, with a cheap alternative to the official $30 mirror tap :)

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
One day I should post my 'smart' setup, with a cheap alternative to the official $30 mirror tap :)
FWIW: Today is one day. ;)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
On a side note: damn was hot today here at 34° C!
IMG_20170720_182345 (Large).jpg

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Those US PP guages looks so sweet. How much of the sensors did You get working?
Yeah they are really cool.. it's a small teaser for a future how-to :cool:
Actually I have installed the GT gauges (oil pressure and vac) instead of the ecoboost gauges (oil pressure and vac\boost) because I got them for free with the dash trim.. and I'll probably go with these since I want them mainly for aesthetics - no reason to spend 200+ dollars for an EB gauges.

However, like every other people that did this mod, oil pressure doesn't work but vac works perfectly, and also boost would work if I have it :)

Also, the dash trim has a different pattern so most of the work I did was for giving it a coherent finish.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
A great surprise! This is what I came across today. Old vs new gen.

picture.jpg

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hello guys, I didn't want to start a new thread in your section so will ask my question here...

Does Dennis still do the light tints set? I decided to try the Anchor Room set because I thought that the vinyl colour was better looking when the lights are off, but now that I have had them fitted, I find the fitment really bad and actually, the light doesn't come through as well.

I was thinking maybe of getting another set from Dennis, because his set did fit perfectly and there was no problem with the transparency.

This was the last thread http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35133&page=18

Does anyone know if he is still active on the forums?

Thanks

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Hello guys, I didn't want to start a new thread in your section so will ask my question here...

Does Dennis still do the light tints set? I decided to try the Anchor Room set because I thought that the vinyl colour was better looking when the lights are off, but now that I have had them fitted, I find the fitment really bad and actually, the light doesn't come through as well.

I was thinking maybe of getting another set from Dennis, because his set did fit perfectly and there was no problem with the transparency.

This was the last thread http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35133&page=18

Does anyone know if he is still active on the forums?

Thanks
Yes, Dennis still makes them.

I had a set delivered last week. :)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yes, Dennis still makes them.

I had a set delivered last week. :)
Great news :) I will drop him a PM. I spoke again to the place that fit the AR set today, this is what they had to say;

"I have just asked John about the tints and he doesn't think they were
the best in the world. Some of them were too big and the actual material
wasn't as nice to work with (which normally means its a cheaper tint
material). John said that the ones he installed last time for you were
lovely and very easy to work with, but this set was a bit of a pain."

I wonder if I can get a refund from Anchor Room? :lol:
Sponsored