Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mule? Front Gills/Louvers

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
I doubt its as cheap as a ZL1. You guys that want a GREAT car, don't think its gonna be cheap. Its gonna be great and 85K or 67 and follow the jones's.

This is the way I see it panning out.

Supercharged 5.2 with coolers and support equip and facia/hood/ aero, possibly auto transmission
66K start going to 75K without vert option

TT 5.2, same as above with carbon rims and bits
85K to start going to 95k with no vert option

What I see is the supercharged (easy way out) version coming, with maybe not even an auto option.

HAHA the TTv6 in the raptor starts at 56K or something to that degree and goes to 75K with full options. Lots of different options can be had on the truck, not so on the mustang but what I'm saying here is ford is selling a lot of these trucks loaded at 75K. They aren't dumb, they see people spending money on ADM as well, so they know people will pay for a higher degree of vehicle, I just hope they bring it for this next one, otherwise I'm out on it. I don't want poor build quality if I'm not going to have at LEAST something special in the vehicle. I can handle it with the R because its awesome, but put a supercharger in it and call it day and I'm passing.
There's no other truck to compete with the raptor. It stands alone and could be considered the Ferrari of trucks to those who covet them. $75k gets you the best of the best. A Mustang at $75k+ however, lands right in the middle of a crowded field of worthy competitors from all over the world. And let's face it, at that price badge poseurs will look to European brands.
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
There's no other truck to compete with the raptor. It stands alone and could be considered the Ferrari of trucks to those who covet them. $75k gets you the best of the best. A Mustang at $75k+ however, lands right in the middle of a crowded field of worthy competitors from all over the world. And let's face it, at that price badge poseurs will look to European brands.
What can you get European for sub 90k that's a worthy competitor??? Lol come on man, your post makes zero sense, no offense.
Ford can make a car that hangs with GT3s and got a runner up to a 200k McLaren for a driver's car for 67k. They should be able to bring a another special engine car in the next halo that is sub 100k, don't you think. I know a lot of those same Porsche buyers that would buy a TT version of a 5.2 CPC especially if it revs like the crate version.

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
The Demon is 85K base (stripped). Check all the boxes and it 97K. So there is your 100k car. Not including the dealer mark up!!
And for all the Demon is it is pretty low tech. So, I can't imaging a Mustang that has a higher tech engine using a larger amount of carbon and aluminum being cheaper than that? Believe me I hope it is. I'm just realistic!

Todd
not sure I'd call the Demon low tech, it has features for drag racing that you won't find on other cars. Nothing Ford will produce will outrun it in the quarter mile. The GT500 will be more track focused.

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
What can you get European for sub 90k that's a worthy competitor??? Lol come on man, your post makes zero sense, no offense.
Ford can make a car that hangs with GT3s and got a runner up to a 200k McLaren for a driver's car for 67k. They should be able to bring a another special engine car in the next halo that is sub 100k, don't you think. I know a lot of those same Porsche buyers that would buy a TT version of a 5.2 CPC especially if it revs like the crate version.
Whoa...didn't mean to start a controversy. My point is that many of those who have $75k to $100k will most likely cross shop BMWs, Audis, and yes, used 911s regardless of the halo stang's performance. I don't know where the break point is but I believe there is a line where buyers will not be able to rationalize the price/performance advantage of a Ford and will feel compelled to get something with more status. Those who value the actual performance, not magazine statistics, will pay more for sure. They likely have other toys in their garages too. Can Ford sell enough to those folks to sustain performance programs? I dont know but I hope they do.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
not sure I'd call the Demon low tech, it has features for drag racing that you won't find on other cars. Nothing Ford will produce will outrun it in the quarter mile. The GT500 will be more track focused.
Not at all knocking the Demon! However, a trans break, a chiller, launch control and stripping out almost all the interior not exactly ground breaking stuff. Fast in a straight line yes. Cutting edge absolutely not! Just the first time it been put into a production car! Doesn't make it new technology.

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Whoa...didn't mean to start a controversy. My point is that many of those who have $75k to $100k will most likely cross shop BMWs, Audis, and yes, used 911s regardless of the halo stang's performance. I don't know where the break point is but I believe there is a line where buyers will not be able to rationalize the price/performance advantage of a Ford and will feel compelled to get something with more status. Those who value the actual performance, not magazine statistics, will pay more for sure. They likely have other toys in their garages too. Can Ford sell enough to those folks to sustain performance programs? I dont know but I hope they do.
If Ford builds a TT V8 with 755 hp, carbon fiber/ aluminum street beast for around 85-95k they will sell everyone that they can build! You betcha!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The 350 platform is good. If you put 200 more HP in it WITH a TT, not a supercharger you make it different right there. When was the last time you seen a large displacement TTv8 in a American made production sports car? Never! People from all walks would grab it. The 350R was sold to many for 85k. With ADM. Some would say it's worth it. I know I would. Many of those same guys that bought/buying one came from Porsche, BMW, Audi because it's such a great car and considered cheap by their standards. Yes, fords build and quality of materials stink in some ways, but for the money your getting pretty good performance.

If ford slapped the TTv8 in the s550 and the performance is killer besting cars that are 200k+ and they sell them for under 1/2 of competitors price...thats a good value and one that will sell. Will ford sell as many as they would a 70k car? Maybe not, maybe a few thousands less.
I know ford would sell 10,000 with relative ease. Ford can usually sell 5,000 SE mustangs in a year, at least that's what the short term has shown going back to 2010. Bringing something like a TTv8 will have mass appeal and people would be dropping their hellcats, zl1s and Porsche buyers would also give it a look.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The demon does have a couple things that are fairly high tech for a drag car. Can't remember exactly what they were off the top of my head.
One had something to do with firing only like 6 cylinders off the line to minimize torque. Something to that degree. They have lines from the ac to cool the supercharger between drags. Maybe 1 other thing..cant remember but fairly high tech. Can't get past those fender flares tho...sorry. If it doesn't look good I'm not driving it I don't care how fast it is.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
One had something to do with firing only like 6 cylinders off the line to minimize torque. Something to that degree.

If that were true that seems silly. Torque can be easily managed with the throttle.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If that were true that seems silly. Torque can be easily managed with the throttle.
I can't remember, i seen it during the hype vids. It's whatever gives it that unique sound at the starting line. Sounds like missing....

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I agree. And I think to capture those buyers they need to have a few options such as a leather or alcantara package. You know a full leather dash, console and door panels. And like alcantara pillars and headliner. It's hard for one to spend that much and still have the interior feel of a 25k car.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I agree. And I think to capture those buyers they need to have a few options such as a leather or alcantara package. You know a full leather dash, console and door panels. And like alcantara pillars and headliner. It's hard for one to spend that much and still have the interior feel of a 25k car.
While the recaro seats in the 350R feel better than my 14 gt500 I liked the leather in the 14 better. Looked nicer and the alcantara grabs dust and is harder to keep clean. Leather is more timeless IMO.
I don't care about all the interior crap as long as it looks good and doesn't rattle. I care more about how the car feels and performance, personally.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
While the recaro seats in the 350R feel better than my 14 gt500 I liked the leather in the 14 better. Looked nicer and the alcantara grabs dust and is harder to keep clean. Leather is more timeless IMO.
I don't care about all the interior crap as long as it looks good and doesn't rattle. I care more about how the car feels and performance, personally.
I get your number one priority and others BUT that's why you make it options. If you want to attract other buyers at an 80-85k price point or more you have to have that. The recaros look nice, but they should be power adjustable and htd/vented option. I hate getting a sweety back!!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
You're adding more weight by having power seats. I would like it for ford to make a light weight carbon fiber seat option, now that would be nice. Fill it full of holes to vent it. I haven't sweat yet in my seats but I also haven't been out past 83 degrees. Mine doesn't have AC either:)

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
[MENTION=22202]machsmith[/MENTION] and GT500tt, I concede that I am out of touch. I always associated mustangs and camaros as nothing but inexpensive muscle cars for the masses that the more well-heeled would avoid. That stereotype is on me. More power to Ford if they continue to build quality machines for everyone.
Sponsored