Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I thought you just said no one wanted the 4 eyed mustangs so they scrapped them all (just like the K-cars).

You can't have it both ways.............
Where the heck are you pulling these inferences from? :crazy:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
NASCAR tried that with it's new pretty boy, corporate correct, race
car drivers, and in turn alienated the long time fans,
who will never come back. They still haven't recovered!!!

Annoy the middle aged person (too much), with money, who grew up with fords, and is a lifetime buyer, at your own peril.
So true... I didn't grow up in the US, although I was lucky enough to live there for a while. But as a teenager I always had a poster with a Mustang above my bed. I always loved this car and my dream, as well as the dream of so many other people in Europe, was to get one some day. So I consider myself to be part of the group you describe.

I love my 2017 EcoBoost - although not a GT, it's a great car and I f@@@ing enjoy it every single moment I drive it! To MY opinion, the '15-'17 looks better. And I wouldn't buy the '18. If I had to buy my first Mustang, I would wait for the next gen.

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So true... I didn't grow up in the US, although I was lucky enough to live there for a while. But as a teenager I always had a poster with a Mustang above my bed. I always loved this car and my dream, as well as the dream of so many other people in Europe, was to get one some day. So I consider myself to be part of the group you describe.

I love my 2017 EcoBoost - although not a GT, it's a great car and I f@@@ing enjoy it every single moment I drive it! To MY opinion, the '15-'17 looks better. And I wouldn't buy the '18. If I had to buy my first Mustang, I would wait for the next gen.
That's all great but say they decide to pull the plug on the V8 (doubt it'll happen but you never know) and you held out for the next gen and it didn't have it, i'm going for the 18, one because I want one and want to update my 15 which I've just sold, two it could be the last V8 Mustang, very slim chance I know.

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
I'm very much looking forward to getting an 18. Initially, with the leaked video, I didn't like the lower half of the front end. It was small potatoes though as I never really loved the lower half of the 15-17 (the black trapezoidal fog light area) either. The more I look at it, the more I'm loving it. I like the new headlights much better. I was never a fan of the Guidardo style headlights with the upturned pointy sides. This is not to say that I disliked the 15-17's; on the contrary I think they are beautiful. These are just nit-picks. Had I the money, I would have gotten one. Now, however, with the few design tweaks that I like better, along with all the other new features and probable HP bump, the 18 is a no-brainer for me. I can live with the triangular shapes in the lower fascia. Also Kona blue is back and I really like that color.

Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I'm very much looking forward to getting an 18. Initially, with the leaked video, I didn't like the lower half of the front end. It was small potatoes though as I never really loved the lower half of the 15-17 (the black trapezoidal fog light area) either. The more I look at it, the more I'm loving it. I like the new headlights much better. I was never a fan of the Guidardo style headlights with the upturned pointy sides. This is not to say that I disliked the 15-17's; on the contrary I think they are beautiful. These are just nit-picks. Had I the money, I would have gotten one. Now, however, with the few design tweaks that I like better, along with all the other new features and probable HP bump, the 18 is a no-brainer for me. I can live with the triangular shapes in the lower fascia. Also Kona blue is back and I really like that color.
I concur and couldn't have articulated it any better than you did, my friend. :cheers:

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
This thread is getting long, and perhaps I missed it. But have we discussed the functionality of the triangular scoops? Seems they direct air around the wheel, and are not for brake cooling. If they are more functional than the '15, then I like it.

Lucky13Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Purple
Hopefully buyers will be so disgusted by its appearance Ford will offer 90% off and the 2 or 3 people who like it will get a great deal.:crazy: sarcasm!

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
This thread is getting long, and perhaps I missed it. But have we discussed the functionality of the triangular scoops? Seems they direct air around the wheel, and are not for brake cooling. If they are more functional than the '15, then I like it.
They direct air to create a 'curtain' around the wheels to improve aerodynamics . How much it matters, who knows.

Sponsored

Brandon1017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Competition Orange
People keep saying the lines of the car got better with the new front, but the hood line looks way worst. It literally looks like a straight line across the car with no distinctive lines coming off of the hood to the front bumper.

Obviously Ford did not enlist the A-team when designing the front end of the car.
IMG_0302.JPG
IMG_0305.JPG
IMG_0303.JPG

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
People keep saying the lines of the car got better with the new front, but the hood line looks way worst. It literally looks like a straight line across the car with no distinctive lines coming off of the hood to the front bumper.

Obviously Ford did not enlist the A-team when designing the front end of the car.
I'm beginning to wonder if you're just trolling at this point.

Brandon1017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Competition Orange
I'm beginning to wonder if you're just trolling at this point.
I'm starting to wonder if you're blind. It's so funny how people blindly support this just because it has a mustang logo on it. Obviously looks are subjective, but when you can't even have a common sense conversation on how the lines look off compared to the previous version, than that's just sad :lol:

There is no real defined line coming off of the hood into the top of the bumper, which makes the hood line look weird where it meets the bumper by the headlights. It's way more pronounced on the previous version and even looks way worse in the previous silver picture of the 2018 that was posted, but to each his own. :thumbsup:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
The transition between hoodline and bumperline is questionable. But there's no doubt that the Facelift has way more fluid lines on the front. On 15 every line on the front seems seperated from each other.

This is causing that the 18 front looks more agile and sporty compared to the more vertical directed 15 look.
m2018_lines.JPG
Sponsored